No announcement yet.

Tyson Etienne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a kid who gets it! Good for him.

Comment

As my wife is fond of saying, “don’t let the door hit you on the way out.”

Bye!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If you have a MAN like TE saying what he said, then this tells me the problem is more with cancerous players than the coaching staff.

As others have said, HCGM may be (very) hard on you, but he will have your back to matter what. Loyalty, honor, integrity, fortitude, teamwork. Believe in these values, as Tyson no doubt does, and this team will go to New heights under leadership like that.

It is still coming, do not worry Shocker nation! And it's MEN like TE that will make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
          If you have a MAN like TE saying what he said, then this tells me the problem is more with cancerous players than the coaching staff.

As others have said, HCGM may be (very) hard on you, but he will have your back to matter what. Loyalty, honor, integrity, fortitude, teamwork. Believe in these values, as Tyson no doubt does, and this team will go to New heights under leadership like that.

It is still coming, do not worry Shocker nation! And it's MEN like TE that will make it happen.
          I don't see JB as a cancerous player. Sometimes, it's just not a good fit for a player. The kid busted his butt from the first time he stepped on the Shocker floor to the last. Minus JB, we'd not have been in the NIT (not close) and probably second division in conference this year.

NF was recruited over along with having a couple of injuries. Probably was not a good start.

DG was probably hoping for a little more playing time, but also didn't see a future with Wade, Bilau, and Dennis ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I don't see JB as a cancerous player. Sometimes, it's just not a good fit for a player. The kid busted his butt from the first time he stepped on the Shocker floor to the last. Minus JB, we'd not have been in the NIT (not close) and probably second division in conference this year.

NF was recruited over along with having a couple of injuries. Probably was not a good start.

DG was probably hoping for a little more playing time, but also didn't see a future with Wade, Bilau, and Dennis ahead of him.
            I hope JB is just a case of wanting to be closer to home.

I am more sad and surprised he left than Reaves.
            The Assman

Comment

I have realized something about Tyson. His uncle is Marcus Camby who had a long NBA career. He has other relatives who have had athletic success. His mother is even an Emmy-nominated makeup artist.

Tyson has been around high-level-performing people his whole life. I imagine that gives you a different perspective on the requirements of success than highly-touted players who have been told forever that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread but have little exposure to what elite success really looks like.

I’m buying Tyson Etienne stock right now.
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                I have realized something about Tyson. His uncle is Marcus Camby who had a long NBA career. He has other relatives who have had athletic success. His mother is even an Emmy-nominated makeup artist.

Tyson has been around high-level-performing people his whole life. I imagine that gives you a different perspective on the requirements of success than highly-touted players who have been told forever that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread but have little exposure to what elite success really looks like.

Same with Patrick Mahomes.
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Tyson also had his grandma move to Wichita so he would have family here. She's a super nice lady. He has a great support system which seems to encourage him to keep working hard.

Comment

LISTEN to this kid talk - Gamer. Leader. Winner.

The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      I thought so from the very first time I head Tyson interviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

He's the guy you want hosting future recruits... a guy you can build a team around... a 'true team leader'. I still wonder if JB might have a 'change of heart' after what has transpired the last couple of days? I would think TE would be the one to convince him to stay. It's going to be a long few weeks.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I think Tyson's family background has prepared him for life after he left home. Same for FVV and Baker. IMHO there are a couple others I could name over the years where that has not been the case.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

ETN is the real deal. 4 years of his playing will make me a very happy fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Let me clarify. I in no way shape or form thought JB or NF were cancerous or even determental to the team. I expected them both to end their Shocker careers here and provide a good boost to the program.

Comment

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X