No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Tulane Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Tulane Green Wave NCAAM game from February 16, 2020 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

9 boards for Dex, 7 for ES. 7 assists for JB, 5 TO's for ES

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      4. Lawson really looks like a stud, but he don't DO nuttin
      Isn't that basically everything that comes from Memphis?

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        Die by the three or live by it which we certainly did today. We are moving the ball much better from side to side but still
        not all that well in and out. We will still be in trouble when the threes are not going in but better ball movement is creating
        better looks overall.
        I'm leaning towards this. Although the ball movement has been infinitely better than a week ago, we still settle for the outside shot a lot. When they go down, we're the best team on the planet. The problem is we aren't a good 3 point shooting team so it doesn't make sense to solely rely on that to win games. We need better inside out. JE still doesn't know how to pass the ball out when things aren't there down low. The ball got sticky a few times too. I love Erik but I can't stand his shot selection. Every 3 has to be 4 or 5 feet from behind the line and out of rhythm. Whenever he takes a normal distance shot and is squared I feel like the shot is gonna go in. He's got a great looking shot but he chooses to just settle for what the defense gives him. And then he just starts chucking. I really wish the coaching staff would get a grasp on that situation. Just so many bad shots again by him today. This ain't suburban HORSE.

With that said, again we're finally trying to be unselfish again. A lot of GREAT plays and highlights today. It was awesome to see. Of course, gotta keep it in context with the opponent. It would be great to see this type of team play and ball movement against quality opponents. Like maybe a week from today against Cincy? We owe those assholes a bunch.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This was a good game to prove that we don’t live and die by Erik’s performance, as has been insinuated by some, including Erik himself. I hope Erik is learning that he can be a valuable player without putting up a lot of points. He was 0-3 from three, which is fine. It wasn’t falling so he didn’t overdo it and keep chucking. Dennis was awesome, good to see shots falling for Tyson as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post

How about these?

(I wish the athletic department would use MK over their videos, or at least crowd noise. Music only, without the TV overlay doesn't give as much context as it could.)

Probably showing my age a little, but that’s terrible background music for a highlight video. That gal needs to go see a doctor. Yikes!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Anyone have a link to the post game press conference. Normally don't watch them but feel like Hunter was probably entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Probably showing my age a little, but that’s terrible background music for a highlight video. That gal needs to go see a doctor. Yikes!

That has to be my favorite play; better than a three; better than a alley oop, better than about anything in basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

That has to be my favorite play; better than a three; better than a alley oop, better than about anything in basketball.
                  Like a doofus, I quoted the wrong video.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

It means that misery loves company.
                    This. When things are going well I just enjoy the game. When they're going poorly I need to air it out.

Tulane is not good.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Tulane is not good.
                      They have sometimes been pretty good (television games I’ve seen) and their record and NET, etc are very much improved from last year. However today they looked to be going through the motions and playing out a grueling year with a road loss. They are not good inside and depend on a perimeter game Placing a ceiling on their game.

Comment

• Plus they caught us in an away game (for them) at a very bad time (for them).
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• saw lots of fun stuff today but i’m still not buying the shockers stock. unbalanced scoring and living by the 3. i wana buy but smarts over emotions.

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                            saw lots of fun stuff today but i’m still not buying the shockers stock. unbalanced scoring and living by the 3. i wana buy but smarts over emotions.
                            You may have to eat your stock. Whatever you and others want, our strengths aren’t inside. We have a nice rebounding team but we have only one scoring big in JE who is a back to the basket scorer. We are mostly a perimeter team with a few jumpers who can rebound and lay the ball in from close. Mostly guards/forwards who can score mostly from the outside. That’s just who we are. We are young enough that our shooting percentages will probably improve this year and next as confidence grows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Who is saying we are ready to go deep in the tourney? I haven’t sensed that being said. We have to get into the tourney before we can deeply advance.
                              I said it, when we were riding high and playing team ball. before the UConn game.

Comment

• everybody looks good when shots are falling

Comment

Working...
                                X