Noah Fernandes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    I just saw the box score this morning. Our team assists were up as I expected with 19 out of 30 baskets. However, I was surprised That 85% if our assists came from 3 of our players. Grant S. Led with 6, followed by Eric and Dexter with 5 each. I would have thought that Noah would have more than 2 and JB more than one. No one else had an assist.
    I mentioned in an earlier post that Noah wasn't the one getting the ball to Erik, so that was why he only had 2 assists.

Speaking of assists, is there a stat that shows assist efficiency? For example, a player passes to a teammate 3 times who shoots each time. The teammate goes 1-3 on those shots. So the assist efficiency would be 33.3%.

And while were on assists, I think an assist for a 3-pointer should be worth more than an assist for a 2-pointer. I would even say that when the shooter is fouled on a make of a 2- or 3-pointer, the assist should increase if the shooter makes the "and 1". So it's basically 1 assist for every 2 points. Assists would go like this:

2-pt FG 1 Assist
    2-pt FG and 1 1.5 Assists
    3-pt FG 1.5 Assists
    3-pt FG and 1 2 Assists

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        How dare you...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

How dare you...

I am happy for him and hope he gets the chance to make the most of his opportunity for playing time. I will remain silent on some of the others...

Comment

Great for Noah, he wasn't going to be a good AAC player, but he got after it and gave it his all. Glad to hear he will be getting his shot at the D1 level.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I would not have been able to move ahead w/o the knowledge that Noah will be UMASS eligible this year and I like Noah and wish him well. He will probably average 4.8 points and 1.2 assists this year. However, he will bust his “ass” and give great effort while doing that. Good for Noah.

Comment

Some of these guys would benefit from the forced redshirt

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Yes, but that would slow down their ascension to the NBA and becoming a superstar, just ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Did you happen to mean..."some of THOSE guys" would've benefited from a red-shirt year????? :)
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Did you happen to mean..."some of THOSE guys" would've benefited from a red-shirt year????? :)
                      Perhaps, but then they might still be on this team. Catch 22.

Comment

With the news today, does that mean UMASS and Noah by default will be ineligible for any post season play for 2 years or is the school just on probation?

https://dailycollegian.com/2020/10/u...ass-to-appeal/

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                          With the news today, does that mean UMASS and Noah by default will be ineligible for any post season play for 2 years or is the school just on probation?

Looks like just probation. Not a ban.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Looks like just probation. Not a ban.
                            With the way that article reads, does it mean a minimum of at least $9,100 in excess payments 13 separate times, or approximately $120,000 or more total?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

With the way that article reads, does it mean a minimum of at least $9,100 in excess payments 13 separate times, or approximately $120,000 or more total?
                              >$120,000 paid out over three years via 13 separate payments; reads like an administrative accounting error in the calculations of payments UMASS made to a number of their scholarship athletes

Comment

Working...
                              X