Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suppose this WAS your team, as coach....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is precisely why HCGM earns his salary. I cannot always figure out the mind of my sixteen year old well behaved honor student and soon to be freshman at Wichita State. I cannot imagine the complexity of the 2020 college athlete mindset, but I can appreciate its nature. Even the tip of the spear for our military is struggling with the pussification of its ranks. I am not condoning abuse, just noting that as a generality the youth of today seem uncomfortable With the idea or experience of getting outside their comfort zone. I don’t know if complacency has anything to do with it, just typing aloud.

All the best to everyone involved.

MTXE!

Go Shocks!
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Have them watch films of FVV with the Raptors......
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

my team would be running the stairs at cessna stadium until they told me what the f was bothering them.

Comment

some good thoughts by all so far and I agree with all of molly j's that started this off. I've already mentioned this on
          another thread or two but I'd start my experienced returners who were successful down the stretch last season, ie
          JB, ES, DD and JE. I like DG's motor and MU's, as well, but DG just looks lost on offense and MU's offense is very
          limited. TW is not an effective stretch four or a traditional PF. I watch quite a few teams that run very similar offenses
          to ours but they keep that ball moving around the perimeter. I too don't like to see any of our centers getting any further
          than a step or two out of the paint on either end. Make the other team's centers and PF's beat us from the perimeter. Our help defense
          has been terrible lately and we have had several players just fall asleep on defense. 4th starter is a head scratcher.
          Guess i'd still go with TW but want to see some positive results early - not necessarily scoring. Still think we need to go
          with bigger line up at times. Would like to be able to see attitudes in practice. Team needs a leader that everyone looks up to.
          Don't think we have that.

Comment

For the next practice, we'd watch Rudy! Practice after that, Dead Poets Society, then Hoosiers and then Rocky IV. If that didn't work, we'd watch Titanic and eat bon bons the rest of the season.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Practice the weave offense exclusively in practice for the rest of February. They appeared to run it a little bit in the first half at SFU. Anyone else notice that? The announcers did.

They've been working on the left/right high pick offense for the last 2 years (the sophs anyway). They all know it. No need to keep practicing it. The won't forget it. Hell they might be better at it after trying some different things, like a weave, for example.

Comment

I'm not a coach. I think this exercise might be a bit silly? maybe the picket fence?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  I'm not a coach. I think this exercise might be a bit silly? maybe the picket fence?
                  They’d probably get caught watching the paint dry.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I hope coach reads and implements all this great advice. Then I can see myself watching the next game with the same excitement as Flounder watching the homecoming parade at the end of Animal House!

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                      I hope coach reads and implements all this great advice. Then I can see myself watching the next game with the same excitement as Flounder watching the homecoming parade at the end of Animal House!

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        That’s what I’m talking about, you hit it on the head WstateU !1

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          For the next practice, we'd watch Rudy! Practice after that, Dead Poets Society, then Hoosiers and then Rocky IV. If that didn't work, we'd watch Titanic and eat bon bons the rest of the season.
                          The Shox need a happy ending. Watching the movie Booty Call will energize them in ways that will allow them to penetrate the win column. Do it over and over again will rack up wins and propel them deep in the dance. Go Shox!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

The Shox need a happy ending. Watching the movie Booty Call will energize them in ways that will allow them to penetrate the win column. Do it over and over again will rack up wins and propel them deep in the dance. Go Shox!
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Sorry this is off topic and water under the bridge, but in these games where we can’t generate offense I always think....”what if Teddy Allen wasn’t knucklehead?”

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Feed them a kettle of baked beans and then have them watch Blazing Saddles... it would at least ‘loosen’ up the mood.

Comment

Working...
                                X