Shocker Nation has your back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Nation has your back

OK, I'll start this one. If our team and coaches read this forum, which I'm sure they do, I want them to know we truly are your sixth man. There are thousands of us beyond those of us at the games that "have your back". This will never waiver whatever slump you're in and we are all in pain when we see you struggling. We have complete confidence in you as outstanding young men so know no matter what we are behind you. These are your brothers for life and you will always be in our hearts long after you are gone from the program. Hold each other accountable and close out this season with wins like we all know you can.

Part of having someone’s back is demanding accountability. If I have a friend and he gets into a bar fight, I got his back. If he gets into a bar fight 6 of 7 times we go out, I got his back by telling him he has a problem.

edit
    If the 7th time, he just walks into a bar, does a shot, talks **** to the biggest dude, and then rolls up into a ball when it goes down we have a real problem.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
      Part of having someone’s back is demanding accountability. If I have a friend and he gets into a bar fight, I got his back. If he gets into a bar fight 6 of 7 times we go out, I got his back by telling him he has a problem.

edit
      If the 7th time, he just walks into a bar, does a shot, talks **** to the biggest dude, and then rolls up into a ball when it goes down we have a real problem.
      How long does a "friend" like that remain your friend?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

How long does a "friend" like that remain your friend?
        Terrific question. Depends on how much history we have. Me and the Shockers have a lot of history.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Having someone's back shouldn't have a caveat, A friend would find an alternative to always letting that friend put himself and you in the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by MTXEShox View Post
            OK, I'll start this one. If our team and coaches read this forum, which I'm sure they do, I want them to know we truly are your sixth man. There are thousands of us beyond those of us at the games that "have your back". This will never waiver whatever slump you're in and we are all in pain when we see you struggling. We have complete confidence in you as outstanding young men so know no matter what we are behind you. These are your brothers for life and you will always be in our hearts long after you are gone from the program. Hold each other accountable and close out this season with wins like we all know you can.
            Great post.

This is the most rational and considerate perspective. Hopefully GGG expressed the obviously called for same sentiment after the game to his troops.
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 10, 2020, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I think most fans have their backs, however this "I don't know what's going on" from 3G is wearing thin.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcatmo21 View Post
                I think most fans have their backs, however this "I don't know what's going on" from 3G is wearing thin.
                Agreed. It's alright to say a player missed an assignment, or box out, every now and then, in the name of accountability, sure.

But it makes me cringe to hear a coach endlessly blame his players for a "lack of execution" and, ultimately, losses.

Comment

I’ll support my alumni until the day I die. There were bad times and I’m sure there will be bad times again...I’ll be there for better or worse. Right now is not a bad time. Having a a sub-.500 record is bad times. Are we in a mini free fall? Yes. Are we a horrible, no-good, no hope team? No

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                    I’ll support my alumni until the day I die. There were bad times and I’m sure there will be bad times again...I’ll be there for better or worse. Right now is not a bad time. Having a a sub-.500 record is bad times. Are we in a mini free fall? Yes. Are we a horrible, no-good, no hope team? No
                    Good post. Some of us have lived through those "bad times". These are still the best of times.

Just a little 'bump' in the road...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I've been a Shocker fans since 2013. Thanks to some good ticket season holders that introduced me to the Wichita State shockers. I support these guys no matter thru what. even when some games are hard to watch. But what i have learned from 3G is that he finds a way. So for me i have their backs no matter what. Especially now since we have way more competition. Go Shockers.

Comment

I hope he is able to drag the truth out of them. Because this disconnect and not knowing what's behind it will prevent this team from moving forward and this will be 2006-2007 all over again.

Something tells me some of the players hate one another and even being part of the program. I have my suspicions absent of any real knowledge.

Comment

I have been a fan since 1983, my earliest recollection of watching Shox games on TV at age 7. I even watched the sh!tty 1990 teams. I bleed black and yellow and converted my Nebraska wife too. It’s mental guys. MTXE and Play Angry is all you need to focus on.

Comment

Ha Ha Like you know? This isn't like a problem with a definite answer and zero variables. There are a lot of opinions that I have read, but no one knows for sure.

Comment

college kids are gonna do what college kids do.. they'll rise high when things are good (https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...239149328.html) and low when things aren't (https://thesunflower.com/48873/sport...-marshall-era/). i expect this.

what i don't expect is a highly compensated coaching staff that is "clueless". i'm not mad or bitter.. as any fan should, we ask questions. and we expect to find the right answers.... soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X