• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really, really, really...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Really, really, really...

Lol - well...as a big fan of Coach Marshall and Wichita St...I'm hoping he will.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I do not expect Coach to play zone.
        I do not expect Coach to call time outs.
        I do not expect Coach to change his offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          I do not expect Coach to play zone.
          Nor do I. But perhaps a wrinkle or two to compensate for lack of length and athleticism. We've GOT to "steal" a couple games to finish out AAC schedule.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Nor do I. But perhaps a wrinkle or two to compensate for lack of length and athleticism. We've GOT to "steal" a couple games to finish out AAC schedule.
            Maybe play more guys and press

Comment

• I just watched Marshall’s presser and am more concerned than before. He utterly seemed perplexed, which is rare. Lots of “I don’t knows”. Not like coach to not have a pulse on the team...unless he does know and it’s staying internal.

Comment

• Well that was torture!
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Taylor Eldridge: ‘I can’t get anything from them’: Marshall says there’s a disconnect with WSU players

A fractured locker room and a disconnect between the players and the coaching staff seem to be the culprits of Wichita State’s tailspin following a 15-1 start to the season.

The Shockers hit rock bottom Sunday in the form of a 76-43 loss to No. 25 Houston at the Fertitta Center, the worst loss in Gregg Marshall’s 13-year tenure and WSU’s worst since 2003. It was the third straight defeat for WSU (17-6, 5-5 AAC) and its fifth in its last seven games.

There is no shame in losing at Houston, the top team in the American Athletic Conference. But Sunday seemed to bring out the worst in the Shockers: from poor body language to porous shooting to lack of competitive spirit.

All of those things frustrated Marshall, but not as much as the fact that he couldn’t get an answer from his players following the performance.

“It was one of the most thorough whippings we’ve had in my career,” Marshall said. “It’s disappointing. I don’t know how to explain it honestly at this point. I can’t get anything from (the players). So I don’t know.”

When asked if there was a disconnect between the players and the coaching staff, Marshall replied, “Yep. I guess, I have no idea. I’ve never experienced this.” When asked what needed to change, he replied, “I’ll take all suggestions.”

This doesn't sound good. Needs to be fixed in a hurry. It may be up to the players to fix this as Coach Marshall doesn't seem to have any answers at this point.

The turnaround from "I love coaching this team" commonly heard in the 1st half of the year to "I can't get anything from the players" is pretty stunning.

If the coaching staff is clueless on what is going on and how to fix it I don't know who is in a position to give Coach Marhall any suggestions outside of the players. It may be up to the players to fix this at this point.

Looking ahead at the schedule — WSU plays three straight lower-tier teams in the conference — WSU has the opportunity to stabilize itself and restore its chances of earning an NCAA Tournament bid.

Hopefully, this was just a poor response to the 2 heartbreaking losses to Tulsa and Cincy. I guess we will find out soon enough.
                  This sentiment from 3G is bothersome coming on the heels of the mass exodus of last season. We knew many of those guys were gone, but the surprises like Reaves still make me wonder what the heck is going on behind closed doors. This team has issues, some likely beyond physical/mental court-related stuff. It has to get sorted out quickly. Yikes.

Comment

• That Tulane game can’t get here fast enough

Comment

• It’s a mental thing. 100%. Coaches and players. Say whatever you want about roster talent and recruiting, but damnit we were 15-1 and ranked 16th. We are 30 seconds away from 19-4 and likely still ranked if we used our brains at the end.

Ego is part of mental issues I believe. I am so sick of passing the ball a few times and dribbling down the shot clock to 5 and the chucking up a 3 by our PGs.

As for end of half/game: If anybody is going to take the last shot, it should be ETN or DD. Why? They are the only ones I have seen make one.

MTXE and Play Angry...where art thou?

Comment

• Slalom, can you really not tell that the Coach is trying?

Comment

• At this point i believe it's all mental. I've coached competitive soccer and recreational. So i somewhat understand what is going on. Going from rec to competitive is way different i had to change coaching styles in order to accomplish things. My players had to change mentality as well. We would win so many times in Rec. but when we went to play competitive we lost many games. Both ends need to change and coach does need to listen to player and vise versa. They both need to come to an agreement on what they can improve. to make the situation better. I hope that they find something. because Sundays game was a whole team situation. Go Shoxs.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            I do not expect Coach to play zone.
                            We did 2 of those 3 in the past 2 games.

Comment

• You know who really has to step up and suck it up are the fans. Yes, us. These are the times that test us and I’ve been here for 55 years. So lighten up on the entitled fan comments like “Is this what we get for 3.5 million?.Unless you are CK, STFU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                                It’s a mental thing. 100%. Coaches and players. Say whatever you want about roster talent and recruiting, but damnit we were 15-1 and ranked 16th. We are 30 seconds away from 19-4 and likely still ranked if we used our brains at the end.

Ego is part of mental issues I believe. I am so sick of passing the ball a few times and dribbling down the shot clock to 5 and the chucking up a 3 by our PGs.

As for end of half/game: If anybody is going to take the last shot, it should be ETN or DD. Why? They are the only ones I have seen make one.

MTXE and Play Angry...where art thou?
                                We just seem to have no idea how to pass. We miss open cutters all the time, we rarely get it into the post until after everyone has been waiting 5 seconds for us to get it there so it's easy for the defense to adjust.

Comment

Working...
                                X