Wichita State at Houston Slaughter Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
    And to think we were 15-1 at one point. Then people get all salty about ES saying he and our beloved Shox need to act with more class and dignity after a tough emotional win on the road and now crap has hit the fan. You wanted a softer Shockers, you got 'em. I hope you all enjoy the new panties they're wearing. Yes, I blame you soft shoe fans for this losing streak we're on. The players and coaches read the board and your whining arses got into their heads. Am I conflating the two? Yeah probably, but it's no coincidence I assure you.
    I know that I am terrible at my job when Fever is mean to me....

Comment

• Originally posted by swiltar71 View Post

ES can't handle being guarded by athletes. And his mouth "writing checks his game can't cash" fires up competitors. I don't expect him here next year and I'm fine with that.
      It does seem that way. I think he can handle it but he doesn’t have the confidence right now to handle it. He crawled into a hole today. I’ve been wrong many times and may be wrong again. I just miss having someone with a mean streak. This team is in desperate need of a Jamar Howard type player. I have to remind myself we’re a young team, and that type of toughness develops with experience.

I’m sure you’re not alone in your opinion of ES. I hope he figures it out though.
      Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

And to think we were 15-1 at one point. Then people get all salty about ES saying he and our beloved Shox need to act with more class and dignity after a tough emotional win on the road and now crap has hit the fan. You wanted a softer Shockers, you got 'em. I hope you all enjoy the new panties they're wearing. Yes, I blame you soft shoe fans for this losing streak we're on. The players and coaches read the board and your whining arses got into their heads. Am I conflating the two? Yeah probably, but it's no coincidence I assure you.
        So now you have the #1 AND the #2 worst posts of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
          Dog pile boys and girls. Seems some here don’t remember or never experienced the ‘90s and how long it took to escape that place and time. Yes we sucked and have for a stretch now but man, be careful what some of you torch and pitchfork wielding detractors wish for.
          Or what? Do you think GM is the only person capable of winning at WSU? I don't. In fact, I think that it is much easier to win at WSU than probably 85% of D1 schools out there.

i think the 90's is the outlier. A cosmic storm of shitty admins and 3 poor hires.

I'm not calling for Marshall's job, but I think too many people here think the only thing between us and 10 win seasons is Marshall.

That's bullshit.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Maybe coach has had the come to Jesus meeting with them. Maybe manhood was questioned, and this is the response. Those meetings could go either way.

Comment

I think I saw a piece on ESPN where they pointed out that very thing. Coach was interviewed and said he was amazed that he was being paid $3.5m when he does nothing but have the guys read SN and get their coaching from these hallowed pages. And Erik told his dad that he hopes the next school he goes to has such an intuitive fan base from which he can get his in-game direction.

SMFH

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Obviously, we can't afford to replace 3G even if we wanted to. His future is pretty much in his hands. However, I think we can cancel the automatic rollover that keeps his contract at 7 years.

Not saying we should do that but much more of this might put that in play. The risk is that would piss him off an he leaves which I suppose depends on your opinion of things whether that would be good or bad.
                Do you think Marshall's ego would permit him to continue to coach the Shockers if he got snubbed by WSU AD removing the automatic rollover clause?

IMO there are three quality coaches (already identified) who would jump at the chance to coach the Shockers, so IMO no big deal if Marshall were to leave in a pout.

Comment

• Are you guys seriously calling for Gregg Marshall's job? Man you guys need a hobby.

Comment

• Box score for the Houston Cougars vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from February 9, 2020 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

• This is the most disappointed I've been with a Gregg Marshal coached team. Not because we lost, but because we gave up. Kelvin Sampson has derided Wichita State for being 'fake tough', but we weren't even pretending at points in this game.

That said, aside from playing Houston like we are a DIII exhibition game, we were two possessions from being 2nd in this conference in other games. We've shown we can hang with the teams in this conference except for Houston, and we don't have any more games against them. This is Marshall's hardest test in his entire coaching career. Can he take this team, who has lost any and all confidence in themselves and their team and get 7 wins between the end of the season and the tournament? Or will we take this game into UCF and keep losing?

Comment

• 8.3%. Is that bad?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I heard folks wanting Marshall's head when we lost to Ill State in St Louis during the NIT days. Marshall took a few years to adjust to the Valley. He did say the MVC was tougher than he thought. We are in our third year and have recruited better players, based on ranking. Let's see how the rest of the season goes.

Remember our Sweet 16 year when UNI made us wear our arsts for a hat at their place? And that's when we had two NBA players to their none. This is a game played by children and young adults. A billion people in China don't care. Nor do a billion people in India. Nor does most of America.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

It also happens when you are ****ing awful at shooting. If this team could shoot thsoe assist numbers would be way up.
                            You also have to pass the ball once in a while. This team thinks passing is an incurable disease.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              8.3%. Is that bad?
                              Don't understand how you can spin this shooting performance on the coaching staff.

Comment

• My grandson had a game today at 2. They lost, took second. They went into the tournament with only 5 players, finished a couple games with only 4. They played hard........ I got to a TV in time to watch the final 4 minutes. I guess you guys are saying we laid down and quit?

Comment

Working...
                                X