No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Cincinnati Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take care of this.... I literally cant hit bets to save my life, was going to stop for a while...but i'll bite the bullet and straight bet Cincy ML on Thursday!

Comment

If we continue to Play D we have a chance because our shooters will eventually hit 30-35% from 3. ETN, DD, JB, GS, and ES are better than what they showed in that Tulsa game. It’s time they showed it again! Shox by 3...Go Shox!

Comment

How on earth did we lose three games in a row in the Valley in 2013? That still baffles me...and we got a single digit seed

Comment

I see little to no reason at the present time to be optimistic based on the the way our offense has performed as of late to predict a win against any of the top half of our Conference teams.

That being aside, I am too much of a Homer to pick us losing, at home, to Cincy.

Comment

Cincy lost to Colgate for Pete's Sake, we have to win this at home. Geesh!

Comment

I've seen the future and we're gonna win...

"That ain't no guess, that's what it's gonna be."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                And they also beat Houston, which was the last game they played.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not good harbinger for the rest of the season if WSU can't win a tough game at home....

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                    Pete Seeger or Peter Brady. Or St Pete

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      How on earth did we lose three games in a row in the Valley in 2013? That still baffles me...and we got a single digit seed
                      After that we won 5 straight only to play horrendous and lose at home to Evansville. Squandering the regular season title in the process. Then we proceeded to lose 2 of the next 4 to Creighton.
                      Expectations were not particularly high entering the tournament.

Comment

while the defense is on point, i took cincinnati by 5+ until the offense can get it together.

Comment

I'm as nervous as Bill Self before a lie detector test.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Cincinnati at Wichita State Preview - 247 Sports (the Bearcat Journal)

BY BRENT YOUNG
                            posted: 02/04/20, 11:15pm cst

https://247sports.com/college/cincinnati/Article/Cincinnati-at-Wichita-State-Preview-143356162/https://247sports.com/college/cincinnati/Article/Cincinnati-at-Wichita-State-Preview-143356162/

"The 14-7 Cincinnati Bearcats look to build on their longest win streak of the season Thursday night when they hit the road to face the 17-4 Wichita State Shockers at Charles Koch Arena or more famously “The Roundhouse” 7pm on ESPN.

Fear, doubt, excitement, exhilaration and confidence are all words that can describe the whirlwind of emotions that everyone in Fifth Third Arena felt on Saturday night in the 64-62 comeback win against the Houston Cougars. Chad had a little extra bite to his account of the biggest win of the season to date here and Justin Berg sprinkled some of his basketball expertise in a great synopsis of the season to this point and in the coming weeks here. There were clearly many things to unravel following the big win but it was defense down the stretch that yet again secured the big win.

Cincinnati held a top 25 opponent to one made field goal in the final 11:30 of the game. Go ahead and reread that sentence again because it is simply a fascinating stat considering how well the Cougars shot the ball the first 25+ minutes. In the end it was another evolution of this team to showcase the resilience to not give up and have each other’s backs. It was another step in the process that John Brannen has preached and the performance has the fanbase chomping at the bit to see the team back in action (sorry I had to).

Things do not get any easier when the Bearcats travel to west to face the Shockers one game after they suffered an emotional defeat at Tulsa. Wichita State is known to have one of the most electric environments in the country but don’t tell Jarron Cumberland, Tre Scott and Keith Williams that. Since joining the AAC in 2018, Gregg Marshall’s teams have lost 6 conference games in the Roundhouse but only one team has managed to take down the Shockers twice. Cincinnati is that team and as a matter of fact the Bearcats are 4-1 against Wichita in that time frame with the lone loss coming at BB&T Arena.

This year’s Wichita State team is sure to remember those results and the 10th most efficient defense in the country will look to clamp down and defend their home court against the Bearcats for the first time since joining the AAC. It is another typical tough and aggressive Gregg Marshall team that will crash the boards on offense. Another conference battle is brewing so let’s take a closer look at Bill Parcells and The Big Show’s alma mater....

By Thursday night around 9:30pm we will all know a little more about this Cincinnati team. A win at the Roundhouse in front of Lynn Marshall and the Shocker faithful would put them completely in the mix to extend a Tournament streak that Wichita State lost last year. KenPom predicts a 4 point win for the bad guys. Head over to the Holy Grail Banks for the BCJ Watch Party at 7pm and order something with a little extra bubbles. "

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                              I'm as nervous as Bill Self before a lie detector test.
                              or Bill Self in a windstorm

Comment

Cincinnati basketball's trip to Wichita State provides AAC/NCAA Tournament opportunity - Cincinnati Enquirer

Fletcher Page, Reporter
                                Published: 10:48 a.m. ET Feb. 5, 2020

"...UC's run continues Thursday at Wichita State (7 p.m. ET, ESPN), against the previously ranked Shockers (17-4, 5-3) who have dropped three league games after opening the season with a 15-1 record. Familiarity can breed contempt or respect. This clash leans to the latter, as Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall was an assistant on staff when Brannen played at Marshall. "Great coach, phenomenal program, has influenced me in terms of some things that I've done over the course of my coaching career in terms of our communication," Brannen said. "It's not dread or more excited about it. It's part of the deal."

The Bearcats have been to nine straight NCAA Tournaments; the Shockers have appeared in seven of the past eight. Their paths to postseason relevance this go-round collide twice, Thursday and again later this month at Fifth Third Arena. "This will be a dogfight," said Bearcats' junior guard Keith Williams. "We've got to keep our composure."

...Cincinnati is running thin on opportunities to make an impression. Two games against Wichita State, next week's home meeting with Memphis and a trip to Houston March 1 are the Bearcats only remaining games against teams projected to make the NCAA Tournament, according to Bracketmatrix.com. "Me, Tre and Jarron," Williams said, "just the experience helps the team, just to keep the guys calm and tell them how to approach games like that."

..."I could give you coach-speak up here and not acknowledge that, but that wouldn't be truthful. We understand it, we know what it looks like, but it still can't stop us from accomplishing what we've got to accomplish." Brannen says Wichita State is true to Marshall's consistent calling card: big on physicality, elite defensively, tough on the boards. That's the description of a team that Cincinnati would likely encounter in mid March. To get there, the Bearcats must first win here. This proving ground is what February is for in college basketball.

"It's the next game to try to put ourselves into position to win the regular-season championship," Brannen said. "Wichita State is talking the same thing. The teams that are in a position to do that, which there are several in our league, I'm sure they're having the same conversation."

Comment

Working...
                                X