Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is winning the American regular season conference title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is winning the American regular season conference title?

Projected records are per Barttorvik.
    Houston (14-4)
    73.85%
    Tulsa (12-6)
    3.08%
    Cincinnati (12-6)
    0%
    Wichita State (12-6)
    23.08%
    SMU (10-8)
    0%
    Memphis (10-8)
    0%

The next 3 games will tell us if we’re a contender. This will be the 3rd time this season where we come into a crucial stretch of games. 3 games vs the top 3 teams will tell us a lot about who we really are.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      The next 3 games will tell us if we’re a contender. This will be the 3rd time this season where we come into a crucial stretch of games. 3 games vs the top 3 teams will tell us a lot about who we really are.
      Indeed. Fitting that the results will be truly telling. If we fall 2 of the next 3, then we finish around where we were predicted I'm the preseason.

If we win 2 of the next 3, then I predict we tie for 1st with Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Houston and Cincy also play on Saturday .. so we will learn a lot all around

Comment

It's good to be in a league that actually prepares a team for the NCAA tourney - and weeds out those who probably can't make a run in the tourney any way.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Wonder if we can get 4 bids. Houston, WSU, Cincy, Memphis

Comment

I voted Houston. Same team I predicted to start the season (had to go back and check). I also had 2. Memphis 3. WSU 4. Cincy.

Don't know if Memphis is gonna pull off a #2.

Comment

While winning a conference title would be nice, I just don't want to be 'shocked' on Selection Sunday.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Can't vote against our Shocks!
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Houston is on another level athletically. I don't think we match up against them at all. We have to play a near flawless game and hope they are cold to win in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        It's good to be in a league that actually prepares a team for the NCAA tourney - and weeds out those who probably can't make a run in the tourney any way.
                        Was WSU unprepared for the NCAAT from 2013-2017?

Did the AAC prepare WSU for the NCAAT in 2018?

I agree it's nice being in a league where quality wins are available to help your resume, I'm just not sure I buy this particular reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Was WSU unprepared for the NCAAT from 2013-2017?

Did the AAC prepare WSU for the NCAAT in 2018?

I agree it's nice being in a league where quality wins are available to help your resume, I'm just not sure I buy this particular reasoning.
                          Bingo. There's no correlation between playing a tougher schedule and success in the tournament. The strongest correlation is between team quality and success in the tournament.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

The AAC's unbalanced schedule may come into play this year.

The games left against each other of the above 6 named teams:

WSU - 7
                            Houston - 7
                            Cincinnati - 5
                            Memphis - 5
                            SMU - 4
                            Tulsa - 4

This will devalue a conference championship for some teams and make it more impressive for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Bingo. There's no correlation between playing a tougher schedule and success in the tournament. The strongest correlation is between team quality and success in the tournament.
                              I'll disagree/nuance with this just a little bit. A tougher schedule is more likely to get you a better seed, which does correlate to better success. So there is some merit to tough schedule helping tournament results, but I contend by virtue of improved seeding and matchups, not preparing a team for the tourney.

Still, I think we agree that the overriding factor is team quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X