X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE beating Tulsa!!!
    Go Shocks!

Comment

I thought Coach Marshall qoutes on Etienne was pretty interesting on his driving to the basket. Basically he said that Etienne has to learn when to go all the way to the cup or learn to pull up and take the midrange shot. He also said it would be good if he got more free throw shots. Probally because he is a good free throw shooter.

I recall this is the issue that SHJ had to learn from his 1st year to his second year. In SHJ first year he went to the cup alot and got his shot blocked many times. He was fearless but did not exercise good judgement. In his second year he learned to shoot the midrange shot better. This caused the defense to pause and he was quick enough to get to the rim more because they were not sure what he was going to do. He also was an outstanding free throw shooter from the line.

If Etienne can improve this phase of his game he will be even more of a contributor this season. Go shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Most of their fan base as amoeba like as it are very decent to talk to. One jack wad on their message board is not real life.
        Contrasted with Creighton folks...

Comment

Originally posted by Power Outlet View Post
          On his radio show tonight, Coach fondly recalled the game in Tulsa a couple of years ago when the home team called a time out to “quiet the crowd” during a Shocker run. Would be great to have the kind of WSU turnout again Saturday.
          I think that happened at OU too ...

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
            I thought Coach Marshall qoutes on Etienne was pretty interesting on his driving to the basket. Basically he said that Etienne has to learn when to go all the way to the cup or learn to pull up and take the midrange shot. He also said it would be good if he got more free throw shots. Probally because he is a good free throw shooter.

I recall this is the issue that SHJ had to learn from his 1st year to his second year. In SHJ first year he went to the cup alot and got his shot blocked many times. He was fearless but did not exercise good judgement. In his second year he learned to shoot the midrange shot better. This caused the defense to pause and he was quick enough to get to the rim more because they were not sure what he was going to do. He also was an outstanding free throw shooter from the line.

If Etienne can improve this phase of his game he will be even more of a contributor this season. Go shocks.

Fred had to learn that also; I recall numerous times when his shot was blocked. I actually watched Fred last night play against Trae Young and the Atlanta Hawks; he was driving to the hole in the first half, but got his shot swatted away several times... it still happens to guys that make a living taking it to the basket into the trees. Oh, Fred had a solid 19 points and sat out the final 8 minutes of the game. Atlanta made a run towards the end of the 3rd quarter and Fred made a couple of 'in the trees' layups and then hit three three's and basically sealed the win for the Raptors. Getting his shot blocked a few times in the first half didn't phase "Steady Freddy VanVleet"...
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Totally agree that Fred had that same problem here. I cant believe how good a 3 point shooter he is today. The man works. !!!!!!And yes he is still fearless going to the cup. Go Shocks.

Comment

Nolan Richardson = 72

Gene Smithson = 75

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

#23 Wichita State at Tulsa.jpg

Get there early Shocker Fans to get your glow bracelet.

Comment

Tulsa Weather Outlook for the Weekend.JPG

Looks like just about perfect weather for the drive and game.

Comment

This is a game I would like to attend...a game where the Shox take over someone else’s arena!

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                        This is a game I would like to attend...a game where the Shox take over someone else’s arena!
                        Koch Arena South baybay!! We'll post pics!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          #23 Wichita State at Tulsa.jpg

Get there early Shocker Fans to get your glow bracelet.
                          I've watched a couple of Tulsa games. I've been able to actually count the people in the first 7 rows behind the visitor's bench. In one game I was able to count the people in the first 7 rows behind the Tulsa bench. In the brief time the camera had the right shot, I had time to count the people.

In their games against anyone not named WSU, you can hear individual voices on the crowd mic.

Super Bowl Bay-bay!
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I like that the Tulsa rivalry has been renewed. Nothing would be better than an arena full of Tulsa and Shocker fans screaming at each other. I'm glad this is basically the Super Bowl of basketball games for them. Hope the outcome is in our favor. Go Shocks!

Comment

This is gonna be fun. This is THE rivalry I grew up with. Glad to see it returning to that status. See y'all in Tulsa on Saturday. Go Shox!!!
                              Go Shocks!

Comment

Has the rivalry been renewed? What if we go in there and win by 15 again on Saturday?

Comment

Working...
                                X