No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Central Florida Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track your college basketball team's Quad 1 wins and their record in the other three quads. An important piece of their tournament resume.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• That's pretty neat . Haven't seen that before. So 25th according to that. That's including conference game too though

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yup you are right. Was thinking our only conference Q1/Q2 win was Memphis. Forgot that ole Miss fell to Q3 and UConn was Q2. Also I put Q1/Q2 for wins because we have a couple that have been fluctuating between 1 and 2 (Oklahoma State and VCU) and OU is within striking distance of Q1 also.

Point still stands. There is a reason a lot of bracketologists had us seeded 3-5 coming out of the non con.

Other notable non cons

Gonzaga - 3 Q1/Q2 wins (though all Q1) and 1 Q1 loss

Duke 4 Q1/Q2 wins and 1 Q3 loss

Arizona 1 Q1/Q2 win and 3 Q1/Q2 losses

Louisville 3 Q1/Q2 wins and 2 Q1/Q2 losses

That's just in the Top 10 of NET ... I'm sure I could continue and find more but there are only a handful of teams that did better in the non con than WSU. Gives us a lot of buffer to play with.
        But that’s not the point. There’s constant fluidity with a resume. Sure it looked ok at the end of the non con, but that was a month ago. Now it looks rather sad. So no, it’s currently not one of the better non-cons in the county and that’s the only thing that matters now.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

But that’s not the point. There’s constant fluidity with a resume. Sure it looked ok at the end of the non con, but that was a month ago. Now it looks rather sad. So no, it’s currently not one of the better non-cons in the county and that’s the only thing that matters now.
          Did you read anything I wrote? Looks sad? Are you just trying to be a Debbie downer?

It looked REALLY good a few weeks ago... It now just looks good. Seriously, go look at other teams non cons... I listed 4 of the Top 10 in NET that ours is as good or better than... RIGHT NOW.

For bubble teams we are way ahead in that category

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            I hated the T on Ingram. First it was a tough call...I THINK it was the right call, but it was close at a minimum. Second, he ran to the other end. Was it demonstrative? Yes. But he deserved some leeway in that spot, PLUS the charge was his 4th. And then the official waited until he got all the way down to the other end to hit him. If that happened to Dex, we'd have gone BALLISTIC. Not the best managed game this year.

Everyone else has said it, weird game. 17-3.

I submit we've been "broken" since the ECU game. Memphis was likely broken here so it masked our shortcomings. We're better, but we're not fixed.

Tulsa twice, Cincinnati twice, at Memphis, at Houston, at SMU.

Tulane at home, USF at home, at UCF and Temple at home.

Honestly, I don't care how well we're playing, 12-6 in conference looks pretty darned good to me right now.
            I agree on all counts. Especially the T. Seemed like the officials were a bit touchy.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

I agree on all counts. Especially the T. Seemed like the officials were a bit touchy.
              Yeah, that T on Ingram was bunk. Their fans could beef about that one and I wouldn't take issue.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Did you read anything I wrote? Looks sad? Are you just trying to be a Debbie downer?

It looked REALLY good a few weeks ago... It now just looks good. Seriously, go look at other teams non cons... I listed 4 of the Top 10 in NET that ours is as good or better than... RIGHT NOW.

For bubble teams we are way ahead in that category
                Uh ya I read what you wrote. That's why I responded to it. You said we had one of the best non-con resumes in the country so we shouldn't have to worry about being a bubble team. We have zero Q1 wins right now. How many of those Top 10 NET teams have zero Q1 wins? For some reason you added Q2 to the total to probably try and beef up your point. I'm pretty sure Q1 will be the most important wins they look like. Q2, while nice, is still not Q1. And honestly taking quadrants out of it, VCU is majorly underachieving. OSU is gonna finish last or 2nd to last in the Big 12. OU is decent I guess. Ole Miss is a poop that'll finish bottom 1/3 of a weak SEC. Did I miss anything else? The only really good team on our resume in the non-con we lost to by double digits. Are you saying that home wins over VCU, OU, and Ole Miss make our non-con resume "one of the best in the country"?

If we only have 22 or 23 wins come selection sunday, that means we'll be a midpack AAC team pounding out a lot of L's in conference with VCU, OU, and Ole MIss supposedly being our tipping scale. Yah, I don't think so. We'll be sweating it like hell if not already making our NIT plans.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Uh ya I read what you wrote. That's why I responded to it. You said we had one of the best non-con resumes in the country so we shouldn't have to worry about being a bubble team. We have zero Q1 wins right now. How many of those Top 10 NET teams have zero Q1 wins? For some reason you added Q2 to the total to probably try and beef up your point. I'm pretty sure Q1 will be the most important wins they look like. Q2, while nice, is still not Q1. And honestly taking quadrants out of it, VCU is majorly underachieving. OSU is gonna finish last or 2nd to last in the Big 12. OU is decent I guess. Ole Miss is a poop that'll finish bottom 1/3 of a weak SEC. Did I miss anything else? The only really good team on our resume in the non-con we lost to by double digits. Are you saying that home wins over VCU, OU, and Ole Miss make our non-con resume "one of the best in the country"?

If we only have 22 or 23 wins come selection sunday, that means we'll be a midpack AAC team pounding out a lot of L's in conference with VCU, OU, and Ole MIss supposedly being our tipping scale. Yah, I don't think so. We'll be sweating it like hell if not already making our NIT plans.
                  You are severely over estimating everyone else's non con.

I put Q1 and Q2 because those are the most important wins. We also have three non con games that are borderline Q1

OSU is 1 spot away from being Q1. Very possible to end up there. VCU (38) and OU (45) are both within a reasonable distance that they could end up Q1.

For us to not have one of the better non cons, there needs to be 15-20 better ones out there. Remember we were NET 10 coming out of the non con. I challenge you to find 15-20 non cons better than ours. I already pointed out 4 in the top ten that are about the same or worse..

As far as the 22-23 wins comment.. as I said, that puts us on the bubble. 22 wins would mean we would go 5-7 the rest of the way including a first round loss in the AAC tourney. We've gone 17-3 so far.. do we really think we are regressing THAT much? OU and VCU by pretty much every ranking are better than every AAC team outside of Houston and Cincy. Our only loss to a team that is "worse" than us in most rankings is Temple .... Out of 20 games. We are better in those rankings for all but one remaining game. So now we are magically going to lose more than 50 % of those games??

Some major overreacting and disconnection from reality here
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

• Yes there is some disconnection from reality. I don't have time to look through 20 resumes to see if they are better or not but I find it hard to fathom that OU, VCU, and Ole Miss hold up as one of the best resumes in the country. You do understand a 75 road win is different than a 15 road win, correct? Sure they break all of this up into these magical quadrants but if you think a road win at Oklahoma State is equal to a road win at Duke then I think we should stop the debating.

You definitely went overboard with your "we have one of the best non-con resumes in the country" comment.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yes there is some disconnection from reality. I don't have time to look through 20 resumes to see if they are better or not but I find it hard to fathom that OU, VCU, and Ole Miss hold up as one of the best resumes in the country. You do understand a 75 road win is different than a 15 road win, correct? Sure they break all of this up into these magical quadrants but if you think a road win at Oklahoma State is equal to a road win at Duke then I think we should stop the debating.

You definitely went overboard with your "we have one of the best non-con resumes in the country" comment.
                      If you don't have time to back up your claim.. Don't shoot down others. I did my research. If you aren't going to do yours then shut it.

Comment

Yes there is some disconnection from reality. I don't have time to look through 20 resumes to see if they are better or not but I find it hard to fathom that OU, VCU, and Ole Miss hold up as one of the best resumes in the country. You do understand a 75 road win is different than a 15 road win, correct? Sure they break all of this up into these magical quadrants but if you think a road win at Oklahoma State is equal to a road win at Duke then I think we should stop the debating.

Did a bit of research on your Top 75 vs Top 15... First of all.. duh yes it's better. You know how many teams have a non con road win over a Top 15 team?

Four... That's it.

​​​​​​Stephen F Austin over Duke
                        Duke over Michigan State
                        Gonzaga over Arizona
                        Michigan State over Seton Hall

So not like there is some huge collection of teams out there with a bunch of crazy good non con wins out there...

Comment

If you don't have time to back up your claim.. Don't shoot down others. I did my research. If you aren't going to do yours then shut it.
                          My, my stick, why are you being so prickly? Because you went a tad overboard and got called out for it?

Back up my claim? It's not a claim. It's a pretty easily recognizable fact. If you think VCU, OU, and Ole Miss is considered part of the best non-con resumes in the country, then you got the homer glasses on a bit too tightly. Not sure why you wanna go on with this when you're really not gonna find anybody in America with a half a brain arguing the contrary.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Did a bit of research on your Top 75 vs Top 15... First of all.. duh yes it's better. You know how many teams have a non con road win over a Top 15 team?

Four... That's it.

​​​​​​Stephen F Austin over Duke
                            Duke over Michigan State
                            Gonzaga over Arizona
                            Michigan State over Seton Hall

So not like there is some huge collection of teams out there with a bunch of crazy good non con wins out there...
                            You missed the point markedly. OSU sitting at 76 right now and if by some magic work of numbers, jumps over to 75, that's really not gonna make our resume awesome all of a sudden. The committee digs a bit deeper into things other than just quadrants. I know you're not that myopic to dispute that.

So when you just throw out a random Q1/Q2 stat and say we have the best resume in the country based on that one figure, you lose an insane amount of credibility, stick. Dig a little deeper and become more well-rounded the next time you make such a statement.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

My, my stick, why are you being so prickly? Because you went a tad overboard and got called out for it?

Back up my claim? It's not a claim. It's a pretty easily recognizable fact. If you think VCU, OU, and Ole Miss is considered part of the best non-con resumes in the country, then you got the homer glasses on a bit too tightly. Not sure why you wanna go on with this when you're really not gonna find anybody in America with a half a brain arguing the contrary.
                              Yet... Nearly every single bracketologist had us in the Top 15-20 seeds coming out of the non-con.

If you wanna die on this hill .. go for it. You are just looking like an idiot trying to stir the pot right now. I keep posting facts yet you are "too busy" to research your own claim. Yes it's a claim not a fact like you want to say. Might look up what the word fact means.

​​​​

Comment

• one q1 game...

Comment

Working...
                                X