No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Central Florida Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taylor as usual has a good breakdown of the Xs and Os, this time on our getting too many shots swatted away at the basket.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Shocks pull away in the second half!
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
        Taylor as usual has a good breakdown of the Xs and Os, this time on our getting too many shots swatted away at the basket.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...239593483.html
        Just some additional thoughts ...

UConn is ranked number 5 in the country in blocking shots.
        Memphis is ranked number 7 in the country in blocking shots.
        Houston is ranked number 14 in the country in blocking shots.

UGone blocked us 6 times.
        Memphis blocked us 9 times.
        Houston blocked us 9 times.

Half of the teams we have played are in the top 20 in the country in blocking shots, and we had to play those three within the first 5 games of the conference.

We definitely have work to do in this regard, but it's been a tough out lately.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...239593483.html
          Yeap. Many of us have been saying for sometime how weak our players finish around the rim. I am so happy Taylor provided data to show what many of us have been saying.. And I liked what Coach M said. He talked about how weak and non athletic our guys are in the paint ant that they fail to follow through around the rim. And I fully admit that there have been sometimes when our players were assaulted and battered by hard fouls. And the foul was not called!!!!!! We don't even get the respect from the refs.

The simple truth is our guys must get tougher around the rim or we need to recruit players that are mean and nasty in the paint. I will never forget that Coach M said last year that JE and AM are good people but they are too nice on the court. For example that clown center for the chickenhawks does not have the skills that JE has. Its not even close. But you don't see any opposing player trying to prevent him from dunking. He throws down so ****** hard you would not dare to stick your arm in there to prevent it. If you did you would get your arm broke. When you shoot nothing but dunks you can shoot over 70& from the field. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yeap. Many of us have been saying for sometime how weak our players finish around the rim. I am so happy Taylor provided data to show what many of us have been saying.. And I liked what Coach M said. He talked about how weak and non athletic our guys are in the paint ant that they fail to follow through around the rim. And I fully admit that there have been sometimes when our players were assaulted and battered by hard fouls. And the foul was not called!!!!!! We don't even get the respect from the refs.

The simple truth is our guys must get tougher around the rim or we need to recruit players that are mean and nasty in the paint. I will never forget that Coach M said last year that JE and AM are good people but they are too nice on the court. For example that clown center for the chickenhawks does not have the skills that JE has. Its not even close. But you don't see any opposing player trying to prevent him from dunking. He throws down so ****** hard you would not dare to stick your arm in there to prevent it. If you did you would get your arm broke. When you shoot nothing but dunks you can shoot over 70& from the field. Go Shocks.
            Hey, not sure you know it, but you're turning into our #1 comedian...
            "clown center"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Spent my time at the “U” during the prohibition days, but Ross and I still found a way to sip some barley and hops (we called it giggle water back in our day), chase the bearcats with the big bubs and get some whoopee... always took some edge off the daily grind. Seldom did we go on a toot or get ossified and we always stayed away from the panther piss (too much whiskey would get us the icy mitts with the Sheba’s). Forgot where I was going with this and I’m sure you’re thinking this is a bunch of ‘phonus balonus’.

Go Shocks! Just win!!

P.S. Sheba's - those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end.

Is this for real? Are you really 88 years old? If so, hats off to you.

Last edited by Topshock; January 24, 2020, 11:17 AM.

Comment

That would make him more like 105 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Your right. Forgot to add his college age to the years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

"Don't Let The Old Man In"...

Comment

You're 105??? Funny cause I was wayyyyyy off. Pictured you being in low 80's all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        The good news is that we match up with UCF size wise, I think that’s been one of our biggest issues the past few games.
                        YEP

Comment

This will be my first game at Koch in 4 years. Looking forward to a fun atmosphere and a win.

Seems to be a favorable matchup for us as they are not overly large. This could be a game for AM to get some run against Smith, as I'm not sure Smith is too agile for him to guard.

Hopefully this is a game Stevenson can get going and carry forward. His offense has been limited, but to me it seems as if he is not getting to as many loose balls, rebounds, and seems to be constantly in foul trouble (just observation - could be totally wrong). We are going to need help from him the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

You're 105??? Funny cause I was wayyyyyy off. Pictured you being in low 80's all these years.
                            You're thinking of pinstripers; think he played with the Bambino...

Comment

I had the good fortune of taking the field with a lot of great ballplayers, but not the Babe,

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X