No announcement yet.

Wichita State at South Florida Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I too just want to see JE go to the basket strong and tear the rim off. Just once. I am so tired of his soft game around the rim. He has the skills and ability. He just needs to play with more passion around the rim.

Comment

• Good grind it out win, wasn’t pretty but to win on the road when you haven’t been playing your best is just what this team needed. Have to keep reminding ourselves how young we are at critical positions. Our guards are a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. If we keep this group together we can only imagine how good this group can be in a few years. We just need to shore up the inside game and the sky’s the limit. 16-3, who would have thought?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
        Good grind it out win, wasn’t pretty but to win on the road when you haven’t been playing your best is just what this team needed. Have to keep reminding ourselves how young we are at critical positions. Our guards are a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. If we keep this group together we can only imagine how good this group can be in a few years. We just need to shore up the inside game and the sky’s the limit. 16-3, who would have thought?
        Very well stated.

Comment

• I would say we exceeded expectations. A conference road win by 13. Only 10 out of 52 of us thought we would win by 10 or more. Good job Shocks!
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• W is W.

Comment

• I remember this one time JE went strong to the rim. One defender hacked his arm while the other took his head off.

Guess it was a travel though.

Comment

• They were some physical dudes, thats for sure. I would have liked to see some Asbjorn that match, but was happy to see IPBC play better.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Proud of the guys for this one. We really needed the win, regardless of who it was. Seems like we are cutting a lot of teeth on physical teams lately.

Hopefully that will pay some dividends soon.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joerg View Post
                    W is W.
                    Love ya buddy! You get it!
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Glad to see that Dexter and Tyson had good games.

Comment

• Win is a win and they have 2.5 straight home games coming up along with a 1 game week.. so time to rest up and work on some things

Comment

• Just got home and I'm watching the game now (around 10:30). I was able to follow the game, so I know what I'm going to see in the first half. I normally don't have the whiskey poured at the start of a game, but I'll make an exception for this game. I'm using the big glass.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            46 is probably enough to win. Holy crap USF is bad
                            Prescient call, And.

Comment

• I haven't had a chance to do my breakdown of the inequities of the unbalanced league schedule yet. But it's worth noting that they just finished 5 games in 12 days, 3 on the road, the 2 at home against the preseason favorites, with travel between every game. The 3 road games were to the 3 most distant league opponents.

I know the league is tough. But that's a hell of a stretch.

Probably good to take a step back and think about how new and difficult that is for a young team. My guess is that we magically start looking a lot better over the next couple of weeks.

For some perspective; Houston will play their 5th game in 16 days on Thursday , with one of those against a presumptive contender. Memphis will play their 4th game in 13 days tomorrow.

I'm not saying the schedule is unfair; as I said I haven't had the chance to do all the comparisons. I am saying WSU just finished a relatively brutal stretch. Everything is still on the table.
                              Last edited by Cdizzle; January 21, 2020, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                I remember this one time JE went strong to the rim. One defender hacked his arm while the other took his head off.

Guess it was a travel though.
                                I love how you always defend the weak play of our players by finding one single incident. I am talking about JE general play around the rim. JE plays soft around the rim. Other fans see it too. AM is just plain brutal to watch. He cant catch the ball and misses layups.He also seems incapable of guarding anybody. MU fouls like he is out of his mind. And when he gets fouled he goes to the line and bricks the free throw. And sometimes IPBC plays like he is in la la land. {Last night he played more focused. Hope we get more of that) Tre W seems to want to talk to the refs every time he is fouled or he is called for a foul. Wish he would just shut up and play. Our front line was once thought to be a strength of this team. But does anybody believe that now? I hear that Houston pounded us on the glass. It was men against boys. They were physical and we played soft.

I really do like JE. He has some major skills with his shooting and footwork. I love him at the free throw line. I always feel like he is going to make it. But he plays a finesse game. If he was tougher and meaner the other player would not have fouled him like you said in your above post. They would be scared to foul him. But they are not scared of him so they foul him hard because he plays soft. X and AC would have broke the arm off anybody trying to prevent them from dunking. Cleanthony and Claudis Johnson would have done the same. I love the shocks and their players but sometime you have to tell the truth about their play. Go Shocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X