X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pogo
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    Philly in the rear-view mirror. Shocks by 11. 16-2. Move up 5 spots come Monday to #11 in the AP Poll. Yep.
    I don't know what you are drinking but I like it.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    How do we handle them doubling the post? To me that is the big question. We have people that can guard Mills and Grimes.
    If we keep our turnovers under 12 and shoot 40% or better, I feel the good vibes.
    REALLY? If we hold our turnovers under 12 and shoot 40%or better I would like you to pick a team anywhere that you wouldn't get good vibes.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    College Basketball Expert Picks:... - Sports Illustrated

BY: SI STAFF
    POSTED: 01/17/20, 7:30am cst

Season-Long Standings
    Pat Forde: 71-48
    Max Meyer: 70-49
    Molly Geary: 69-50
    Michael Shapiro: 66-53
    Jeremy Woo: 59-60

Houston at No. 16 Wichita State (Sat., 4 p.m., ESPN2)
    Michael Shapiro picks Wichita State: Is this Gregg Marshall’s best team since Wichita State’s 2015 Sweet 16 squad? The Shockers have sprinted out to a 15–2 start, led by a trio of dynamic scoring guards. Winning on the Kansas plains is never easy. Doing it against this specific Wichita State squad is increasingly difficult. Houston may struggle to keep this one in single digits.

SI Expert Picks - UH at WSU.jpg

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    I don't like to bag on individual players and hate to belabor the point, but one of our big men has to start making more free throws. When he missed two in a row in the second half of the Temple game, coach Marshall immediately turned to his assistant coaches and said something... I couldn't tell what he said because his back was to the camera and his assistant coaches were nodding. I'm guessing it went something like this, "he's killing us; one of you better get him in the gym and get this figured out fast... it's turning into an automatic turnover every time he's fouled in the act of shooting." You could tell coach Marshall was...

Leave a comment:

• Blackmag
    replied
    This will be mind over matter. Have to forget last game and play with more energy. Keep turnovers down, hit free throws, and stay out of foul trouble. Will be a dog fight, Shocker faithful have to bring it like we did against Memphis. Start a new streak and forget about Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• ShoxRoxMySox
    replied
    I'm glad this one's here in the dub. Go shox, I predict they respond as well as they did the last time we lost.

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    This game concerns me for several reasons. First, you could see our shooters lost their confidence last game. Have not
    re watched it but it didn't seem to me like they were getting good looks at all and generally pulled up short of the basket
    when driving rather than attacking the rim aggressively. Just looked like we were playing scared on offense. If we are
    going to win this game we better move the ball better to create better opportunities both inside and out. If we can't regain
    our confidence shooting it will be another tough night and Houston's defense is better than Temples. Secondly, our PF's and
    backup center were non factors. JE was it on the inside and JB was it on the outside. We need to have everyone
    contributing. After a game like the last one it's difficult to get your swagger/confidence back. I see us struggling early.
    I think our defense will have to make them un comfortable too until offense can come around. Think it will be a low
    scoring game. Only wishful thinking makes me pick the Shox but I will 58-55 with more balanced scoring and defense key.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    We rebound!
    Literally and figuratively...

Leave a comment:

• kcshocker11
    replied
    We rebound!

Leave a comment:

• Shox The Revenant
    replied
    Three games in seven days, against tough competition, 3,500 miles of travel and a double OT game in between, that's got me a little worried about Saturday. Plus, if we lose, we'll get dropped out of the top 25. Hopefully, they'll be completely refreshed mentally and physically by game time.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    They'll double the post, we gotta hit threes. They'll drive the paint and we won't play zone, gotta have a friendly whistle. They'll trap Sherfield, he's gotta step up.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    Philly in the rear-view mirror. Shocks by 11. 16-2. Move up 5 spots come Monday to #11 in the AP Poll. Yep.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    How do we handle them doubling the post? To me that is the big question. We have people that can guard Mills and Grimes.
    If we keep our turnovers under 12 and shoot 40% or better, I feel the good vibes.
    I imagine Houston will take their queue from the Temple game and put heavy pressure on our PG and try to deny Erik and Tyson. Jamie will also have more competition down low. We have to hit open shots and get second chance points. It's gonna be tough. Our defense has to be better than theirs to win this, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Arizona Shocker
    replied
    We are approximately halfway through the season. If you would have given me 15-2 at this point with this young team back in October, I would have said you’re crazy! So hats off to these great kids and HCGM and staff. I am really enjoying this team.

So the Shox had a night off vs Temple...It was bound to happen with a young team. If the team can erase that game from their collective memory banks, and focus on Houston, we win by 10...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X