No announcement yet.

Wichita State(#16) at Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since GM doesn't listen to anybody about timeout. Can the fans help by shouting "time out" when they think it's time to call one?
    Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post
      Since GM doesn't listen to anybody about timeout. Can the fans help by shouting "time out" when they think it's time to call one?
      I would argue that his methods have worked fairly well thus far in his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        When everything broke down, Fred knew how to get in the lane and use his body to draw contact to get to the line. He was also really good at finishing many of those shots. So far, we don’t have anyone that can do that. Jamarius is close and I think Grant has potential, but nobody doing what Fred did from his Soph season on.
        You don't have to sell me on FVV being great. But you do have to use real data. Burton and Sherfield are at or above FT rate and 2PT% from FVV's last 3 seasons. Against a more talented schedule.

No, that doesn't mean I think they are better than Fred at winning games. We like to sensationalize those teams, and rightly so. It can be useful to go read some of the threads from that era though. Lots of the same bitching, even when we LITERALLY didn't lose.

Comment

Since GM doesn't listen to anybody about timeout. Can the fans help by shouting "time out" when they think it's time to call one?
          Marshall will probably stare you down and you will be asked to leave, if the past is any indication.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

My suggestion would be to let Coach Marshall call timeouts the way he wants to for the teams he coaches and let the fans call timeouts the way they want to for the teams they coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Marshall will probably stare you down and you will be asked to leave, if the past is any indication.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Come again? Do you know what I am referring to?
                Last edited by Kel Varnsen; January 16, 2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• I just felt bad for ETN, who had 16 people in the stands there to support him and he laid an egg. Oh well, that’s life and he will bounce back from it because he is a baller and this team needs him now more than ever!

Comment

Gregg or Lynn?

Comment

Come again? Do you know what I am referring to?
                      I know exactly what you are referring to.

Comment

Did Fred and company execute vs. UNI at home or in the Valley tournament in 15-16?
                        Like Fred and Company did against the Chickens (remember, without Cle), no. There might be a Fred on this team, but it'll take 2 or 3 more years to know for sure. But I think I understand your point.

How did that Panther team's season end? I don't remember. Did they beat anybody else who was any good after beating Fred and Company? You're a stat guy.

Comment

• As I watched this game, we probably had 15 really good looks that didn’t go in. Some were air balls and some were halfway down and came out but they were largely uncontested shots. Not sure what the usual pct is of those we are supposed to make but I guarantee you it would have been enough to win this game. As bad as our passing and movement was, We still had enough chances. We also had some really bad looks and some long range threes that were very low percentage but somehow that is all we remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            As I watched this game, we probably had 15 really good looks that didn’t go in. Some were air balls and some were halfway down and came out but they were largely uncontested shots. Not sure what the usual pct is of those we are supposed to make but I guarantee you it would have been enough to win this game. As bad as our passing and movement was, We still had enough chances. We also had some really bad looks and some long range threes that were very low percentage but somehow that is all we remember.
                            Sounds a lot like the ISUr game in Normal in 2017. We proceeded to beat them by 41 the next game, and 20 the game after that.

Comment

• Nobody asked 3G, but our luck at Temple makes me wonder if there's something odd with the arena, the background of the rims or something to this affect. It's just so strange how much worse we play in that arena. I doubt he would admit it even if there were something to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Like Fred and Company did against the Chickens (remember, without Cle), no. There might be a Fred on this team, but it'll take 2 or 3 more years to know for sure. But I think I understand your point.

How did that Panther team's season end? I don't remember. Did they beat anybody else who was any good after beating Fred and Company? You're a stat guy.
                                In the 2015 NCAA tourney, UNI beat Wyoming in the first round, and then lost to #17 Louisville by 13. They were a #5 seed that year; WSU was a 7 seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X