Wichita State(#16) at Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Anybody have a link to the post-game presser?
    Do you ever actually read the threads?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So. Little. Perspective.

It is ok to think last night was a stinker though. No doubt about that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
        In two road conference games, WSU beat the #10 team in double overtime and lost to the #8 team in the standings. I don’t mind if you count me down as being concerned.
        Uh, I'll take double OT wins on the road every night. Besides, we dominated UConn. Should've been a double digit win if we had competent refs and passed the ball. Do you really think Temple is an 8th-place team? Standing order means nothing 4 games into the season.

We aren't in the Valley anymore. We ain't gonna be drubbing teams by 20+ night in and night out anymore, ESPECIALLY on the road.

15-2, 3-1. Definitely a reason for concern.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm just going to Bill Belichick this loss and say, "we're on to Houston".

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Uh, I'll take double OT wins on the road every night. Besides, we dominated UConn. Should've been a double digit win if we had competent refs and passed the ball. Do you really think Temple is an 8th-place team? Standing order means nothing 4 games into the season.

We aren't in the Valley anymore. We ain't gonna be drubbing teams by 20+ night in and night out anymore, ESPECIALLY on the road.

15-2, 3-1. Definitely a reason for concern.
            #RoadGamesAreHard #ConferenceRoadGamesAreHarder
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• There is never a season without ups and downs, and if you don't expect to have some adversity happen during a season, you aren't looking at life with a proper perspective. It doesn't take a basketball genius to see last night that we played ok in the first half, and stunk up the second half. I just hope that this doesn't turn into a long term downward funk that a very young team finds difficult to recover from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Hell, he probably would have jumped up and called it himself!
                It wasn't complicated. Call time. Tell players to throw the damn ball to JE.

Temple shot 27 free throws and made 20. They shot 50% from inside the arc and 25% outside.

It seems logical to me to play zone against a team like that. Cuts down the fouls on drives. Make them prove they can score from outside which they can't.
                I know I beat a dead horse but it's not rocket science.....just bull headed stubbornness.
                While I would like to see us play some zone in the right circumstances, I'm 3G would say #1 we are not good at zone defense and #2 our defense wasn't the problem (forced 20 TOs), it was our offense. I still woulda liked to see us plant AM in the middle and prevent all that sloppy stuff in the lane. Put Ech at the 4, which woulda helped us on the rebounding front. Maybe next time he'll have a better idea how to play them.

Comment

• Still 3-1 on this tough 5 game stretch. Last night sucked but these types of games will happen in a tough conference on the road. There will probably be at least one or two more of these. On to Houston and I am confident that HCGM and the staff will have the boys ready for Saturday. I'm not all that concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    So. Little. Perspective.

It is ok to think last night was a stinker though. No doubt about that one.
                    Exactly.

I have been a little worried that a team this young could hit a mental wall at some point. Hopefully we are not there already and can bounce back strong against Houston making this just a blip.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                      In two road conference games, WSU beat the #10 team in double overtime and lost to the #8 team in the standings. I don’t mind if you count me down as being concerned.

sorry you are going through this.

thoughts and prayers!

Comment

• Just now forced myself to look at the box score.

Jamie and Jamarius: 14-27 (51.9%) from the field including 2-4 (50.0%) on treys and 6-6 from the free throw line for 36 points (67.9% of the team total) and 18 of the teams 36 rebounds.

Rest of the Team: 5-36 (13.9%) from the field including 1-17 (5.9%) on treys and 6-10 from the free throw line.

That is stunning. Not only is it about as bad as you can get, and with all due credit to Temple's tenacity on defense, it can't be all that easy to be that bad either.

Hopefully, this proves to be one of those out-of-body experiences and the Shocks essence will merge back with their bodies by Saturday.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 16, 2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• The team I saw last night has talent and a big upside. The difference from the past is FVV and company would have kept their cool and slowly executed each time down the court.. I saw panic in our players reactions ,, we will grow out of this.
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                            The team I saw last night has talent and a big upside. The difference from the past is FVV and company would have kept their cool and slowly executed each time down the court.. I saw panic in our players reactions ,, we will grow out of this.
                            I never saw any panic. I just saw players that couldn't make shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                              The team I saw last night has talent and a big upside. The difference from the past is FVV and company would have kept their cool and slowly executed each time down the court.. I saw panic in our players reactions ,, we will grow out of this.
                              Did Fred and company execute vs. UNI at home or in the Valley tournament in 15-16?
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• When everything broke down, Fred knew how to get in the lane and use his body to draw contact to get to the line. He was also really good at finishing many of those shots. So far, we don’t have anyone that can do that. Jamarius is close and I think Grant has potential, but nobody doing what Fred did from his Soph season on.

Comment

Working...
                                X