Wichita State(#16) at Temple Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
    Yes that was my bad, a knee jerk reaction. Just worn out with that effort tonight.
    Understandable. SN is the diehard of diehard fans. It’s hard not to get completely wrapped up after a loss like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Claiming we should drop from 16 out of the rankings because of a Q1 road loss is.....kindof freaking out.
      Nah...it’s just an opinion on a sports message board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

I agree with you....I don’t see anyone freaking out...but there are always people who seem to freek out about people freezing out. They freek me out.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'm not into high-dollar sippin' whiskeys (can't afford that). I'm fairly fond of a Canadian blend, R&R Special Reserve that's close to Crown, but at half the price.

It's situations like these where it's time to do something I love rather than concentrate on a loss, I'm hitting my basement and seeing if I can actually play some keys . Even if I can't, it's going to take my mind off a losing game.

I'm unlikely to ever do the song I'm working on in public and am unlikely to ever work up a recorded version, but having something to do after a disappointing game is pretty therapeutic.

I'll put a link in Off-Topic to the song I'm working on, Traffic's "Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys". My sheet music is accurate for the sound, but not for the way it was played in the original version.

we all need something to take our minds off the game after a loss.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Hopefully we have a return to mean versus Houston. Of course, with how bad we sucked today fully returning to mean may require breaking some records but I'd take it. Certainly can't afford another game at this level this season, or even many like the UConn game.

Least positive thing is how little our non-Burton guards mattered. I'm not talking Stevenson forgetting how to shoot and fouling, or even Fernandez's double foul. You could have replaced our guards with chairs on some offensive possessions. Stevenson gave himself a chance to play a FAR better game than Wade, Dennis, Etienne, or Sherfield, he just missed open shots. The others didn't take them, didn't make them, didn't create them, didn't pass into them, didn't screen for them, didn't move for them, and most importantly didn't threaten them. We played 2v5 on offense at best.
            ​​​​

Comment

• Have we ever had a player play good in a Road game in their home town?

Comment

• Why did a team that got an at-large bid last season just storm the court against the #16 team? Have a little pride.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Probably the last we'll see of Noah (not just this game).
                  I know its just a small clip of his ability, but he just doesn't look AAC level. There is a league close by that would probably be a better fit for him.

Just sayin'

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Hats off to Jamie and JB for playing hard all night when things weren't going well. Nothing concerning, just a bad, bad, bad, bad, awful night.
                    Agreed. Just went at it without much support.
                    Our offense set is soooo predictable. No adjustment, no altered sets. We flash JE on the high post to screen. He thens rolls and we reverse the ball.
                    Then...
                    When nothing opens on the roll, we dribble for 5 seconds and finally reverse the ball.
                    Then...
                    More dribbling until the shot clock winds down and a 25' bomb is detonated.
                    And so it went on and on and on tonight.

Not hard to defend that type of offense.

That is all.

Comment

• "That is all" such a Machiavellian way to post, dismissive and condescending. ..however when you use it in two consecutive posts 15 minutes apart, it is laughable as well as irritating!
                      My apologies to all, especially to Ref and beg forgiveness for my ignorance... I'm afraid the Bourbon had bested me! Thanks Aargh
                      Last edited by MrsHenryLevitt; January 16, 2020, 05:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsHenryLevitt View Post
                        "That is all" such a Machiavellian way to post, dismissive and condescending. ..however when you use it in two consecutive posts 15 minutes apart, it is laughable as well as irritating!
                        That's just his sign off. It's neither dismissive nor condescending. It's just the way he ends posts and has for as long as I've been on SN.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

"That is all" such a Machiavellian way to post, dismissive and condescending. ..however when you use it in two consecutive posts 15 minutes apart, it is laughable as well as irritating!
                          My apologies to all, especially to Ref and beg forgiveness for my ignorance... I'm afraid the Bourbon had bested me! Thanks Aargh
                          Your 2 posts last night, on the other hand, have been quite impressive.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Didn't get a chance to watch the game as I was working late last night.

It sucks to lose, for sure, but the reality is that if we never had these games, every season would be like the undefeated season.

Based on the analysis of some posters, it sounds like we went cold, but that there isn’t too much cause for concern. I’d probably agree with that, as we have played a lot of other games that tell me this is more of an anomaly.

We still have the chance to redeem ourselves somewhat with a win against Houston Saturday. That would go a long way, but a losing streak would hurt us. Both in terms of seeding and as a team.

Go Shocks.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Mrs Levitt,
                              No big deal. Just hope it was a top shelf bourbon. Maybe Woodford Reserve?
                              Thanks Aargh, appreciate the explanation.

I watched the game via DVR after getting home from mine. I didn't need to scroll ahead to know HCGM just would not call a TO at the start of the second half despite Temple going on a 11-0 run the first 4:06. It was as predictable as their offensive sets.
                              This "let them figure it out" approach looks great when you have two veteran future NBA players running the show.
                              However, FVV has exhausted all of his eligibility and Toronto isn't going to release him anyway to come back to WSU. RB is also still busy doing his thing.
                              The last two games in a row he has displayed the ol "I'm the coach and I'll be as stubborn as I want" attitude.
                              Well, results are not backing up the approach.

I know he thinks this manner of working through the tough times will pay dividends down the road. But the time to win a game is now and when a process is not working, adjustments are necessary, even when it doesn't fit your modus operandi.

I know he is busy running his own successful program, but just wonder if CJ would have stood up and suggested a time out after Temple ripped off so many points.

That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                                Hopefully we have a return to mean versus Houston. Of course, with how bad we sucked today fully returning to mean may require breaking some records but I'd take it. Certainly can't afford another game at this level this season, or even many like the UConn game.

Least positive thing is how little our non-Burton guards mattered. I'm not talking Stevenson forgetting how to shoot and fouling, or even Fernandez's double foul. You could have replaced our guards with chairs on some offensive possessions. Stevenson gave himself a chance to play a FAR better game than Wade, Dennis, Etienne, or Sherfield, he just missed open shots. The others didn't take them, didn't make them, didn't create them, didn't pass into them, didn't screen for them, didn't move for them, and most importantly didn't threaten them. We played 2v5 on offense at best.
                                ​​​​
                                i thought Dennis played decent, just missed his shots like everyone else. When the guy with the ball gets double teamed and is trying to simultaneously go around a screener, there should be a couple open players on the court. Figure that out and we should have rolled them.

Comment

Working...
                                X