Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocks02
    replied
    I really don't think the scout on Temple will be very difficult. Don't let Alani Moore get anything at the 3-point line. Put your best on-ball defender on Quinten Rose, I'd go Dexter for the majority of the game. Other than that, don't let Nate Pierre-Louis drive the lane or get out in transition, and then run De'vondre Perry and JP Moorman off the three point line.

Leave a comment:

• ROOT ANGRY!
    replied
    My favorite Dick Vermiel quote: "Keep losing teams losing."

Leave a comment:

• Maizerunner08
    replied
    Another grind. The team and fans will be extra motivated. We’re the Super Bowl again

Birds: 67
    Wheat: 71

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post

Guessing Liacouras - on campus arena that I dont believe has ice underneath it.
    Yes, it is at the Liacouras Center per the schedule.

LIACOURAS CENTER   HOME OF TEMPLE MEN'S AND WOMEN'S BASKETBALL Rededicated on February 13, 2000, and named in honor of former Templ...

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    I'm beginning to think that we should just start from the premise that every AAC game will be a toss up. There certainly is the potential to lose any of our 15 remaining games. A lot just depends on which Shocker team will show up and which opponent team will show up for any given game. Plus as long as the Shocks are winning and are ranked we have that target on our backs and will get a superior effort from the opponent in most games.

Temple certainly will be motivated to break a 3-game losing streak and they certainly want to avoid losing 3 in a row on their home court.

So far I have been impressed by the athletes the AAC has throughout the conference. Some teams aren't as deep as others but everyone has some good looking athletes and players. And the guy who hasn't made a 3 all year always seems to find the range against the Shockers. Temple is no different. The Owls wills start 2 seniors (5-10, 180 G Alani Moore and 6-8, 195 F Quinton Rose) and 2 juniors (6-7, 205 F J.P. Moorman and 6-4, 205 Jr. G Nate Pierre-Louis). These 4 have started all 15 of Temple's games. 6-7, 220, Jr. De'Vondre Perry has not started a game this year but he is Temple's best 3-point shooter at 43.2%. The other 5 guys in their rotation include 2 juniors, a sophomore and 2 freshmen.

Quinton Rose is leading the Owls in scoring at 14.4 PPG although he is only shooting 36.3% from the field and 25.9% on treys. However, he gets 30% of his point from the line where he is shooting 81.3%. Nate Pierre-Louis is the Owls only other double figure scorer at 10.6 PPG but he has been pretty inefficient so far this season. He is shooting 38.8% from the field but only 18.9% on his treys and his only hitting 58.7% of his free throws. Both Rose and Pierre-Louis have shot 75 free throws this year by far the most for the Owls. Pierre-Louis also leads the Owls in rebounding at an impressive 8.8 per game.

Here are Temple's 2019-20 stats: https://owlsports.com/sports/mens-ba.../stats/2019-20

Temple has been at home and will have an extra day between games and the Shockers are travelling and coming off a very tough double OT game where 5 Shockers played over 30 minutes (4 of those over 37 minutes) of grind it out basketball.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 13, 2020, 12:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Pickle
    replied
    Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
    Where will this be played? The Palestra? Hope to be done with covered hockey rinks!

I have a feeling our team's mindset will be ferocious coming out of the UConn game.
    Guessing Liacouras - on campus arena that I dont believe has ice underneath it.

Leave a comment:

• ROOT ANGRY!
    replied
    Where will this be played? The Palestra? Hope to be done with covered hockey rinks!

I have a feeling our team's mindset will be ferocious coming out of the UConn game.

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    And don't forget they got a little anger for the shocks beating them in AAC tournament last year. This is not the time to let your guard down. Shocks need to go back to controlling the boards. Play angry and get it done.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Temple motivated after 3 straight losses and a young team coming in.

Leave a comment:

• kcshocker11
    replied
    Again another tough close game. Look for Dex to still improve. WE win by 7

Leave a comment:

• B1ShockFan
    replied
    I believe Sunday's game will help prepare the team for this one. We are getting better with each game and are WINNING.

Leave a comment:

• Triticum aestivum L.
    replied
    Another tough, close win for the Shocks. Have no clue who will lead us in scoring and neither do the Owls!

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    started a poll Wichita State at Temple Pre-Game Discussion

Wichita State at Temple Pre-Game Discussion

Shocks Win by 10+
    34.21%
    Shocks Win by 5+
    43.42%
    Shocks Win by 1+
    10.53%
    Toss Up - Could Go Either Way
    7.89%
    Shocks Lose by 1+
    1.32%
    Shocks Lose by 5+
    1.32%
    Shocks Lose by 10+
    1.32%

The poll is expired.

Description: WICHITA STATE AT TEMPLE
    When: JAN 15 (WED) 8:00 P.M
    Where: PHILADELPHIA, PA. LIACOURAS CENTER
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM https://keyn.radio.com/
    TV: ESPNU

Summary:
    Temple was picked to finish seventh in the preseason coaches' poll. Senior guard Quinton Rose has been selected to the Preseason All-American Conference First Team for the second straight season while junior guard Nate Pierre-Louis earned a spot on the preseason Second Team. The Temple Owls (9-6, AAC 1-3) are currently on a three game losing streak. They recently lost to: at Tulsa, vs. Houston, and vs. Tulane.

Odd Makers:
    Vegas: WSU by 3.0
    DRatings: WSU 80% by 5.0
    ESPN: Temple 53%
    INCCSTATS: WSU 62% by 3.0
    KenPom: WSU 66% by 4.5
    Massey: WSU 64% by 4.0
    Nolan: WSU by 5.0
    Sagarin: WSU by 6.5
    Torvik: WSU 72% by 5.3
    Wilson: WSU 69% by 7.0
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; January 15, 2020, 03:59 PM. Reason: Updated Prediction Models
Working...
X