Wichita State at Temple Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

If we lose, we have to be ranked lower than Liberty. They only have one loss.
    Fine by me. I believe following your logic would actually improve WSU's ranking. Talk about your strawman logic-backfire.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      According to kenPom we have to have at least 67 points and Temple has to have at most 64 points, or this one goes in the L column, if we even care to keep track of such things any more.
      Wow. That kenpom really has the analysis thing down pretty good.

Our chances are really good if we score 67-64? Who'd thought of that?

But, what if Temple scores 67? What would we have to score then? Or could we? And is J. Burton only effective against inferior competition?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yes, but what is their possession efficiency vs. the Shox. If our possession efficiency is better, we have to be ranked higher.
        Right now, we are more efficient by about 3.5 points/100 possessions. So yes, we would have to be ranked higher even if we lost this game.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Fine by me. I believe following your logic would actually improve WSU's ranking. Talk about your strawman logic-backfire.
          By his logic, the Shox should be no worse than 8th in the polls correct?

Comment

I'd probably use win% with his logic, so 7th. But 8th if following it directly.

Comment

Wins and losses matter, do they not? That's what I'm being told. They are the ultimate metric.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Wins and losses matter, do they not? That's what I'm being told. They are the ultimate metric.
                No, possession efficiency is all that matters.

Comment

LOL

Alright Kel Varnsen MikeKennedyRulZ I'm calling for a cease-fire in this thread so we don't torpedo it any more. We can carry on in the rankings thread.

Comment

I think they both matter.

I am also exhausted. Haha.

Comment

Shox[ sits back and lights a cigarette] themonkey.
                      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

I just want to know when they are going updated our stupid outdated arena.

I mean the scoreboard is clearly still showing points instead of efficiency metrics. So embarrassing.

Comment

Interesting Pre-game talk...anyways the Owls...should be a tough out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                            Shox[ sits back and lights a cigarette] themonkey.

Should have saved one; oh, what the heck...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              Tougher matchup on paper than UCONN was, I believe.
                              So you're saying these refs will be even worse?
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

So you're saying these refs will be even worse?
                                If they're worse, you might find ole WstateU heading to the 'funny farm'...
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X