Wichita State at Temple Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Tougher matchup on paper than UCONN was, I believe.
    I disagree. UConn is the best shot-blocking team in the league and we've struggled against bigger, physical teams for the last several years. Temple is not nearly as big and physical and Jaime should have an even better advantage on the blocks then he did against UConn.

Comment

We need to clean up our foul situation and quit sending teams to the line. Memphis and UCONN we’re living at the line and it kept them in the game. Look for Temple to pressure Sherfield, I think he needs to do less dribbling in heavy traffic. I look for a 10 point win, we won’t be over looking them after the near meltdown at UCONN

Comment

#16 Wichita State at Temple.JPG

Comment

Rose will likely be guarded by Wade and Dexter. Watch the fouling here. If we can shut down his drives, I think we'll be ok. I would put Tyson on the 5'10" Alani Moore. Moore is their big 3 point threat. We might see Jamarius guard him due to height differences, will be interesting to see how 3G handles it. I expect another big game from our post players in this one.

Comment

Temple is likely to play out of their minds with their poor conference start and playing a top 20 team at home. We just have to weather the initial storm, and stick to our bread and butter: defense and rebounding.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              I really don't think the scout on Temple will be very difficult. Don't let Alani Moore get anything at the 3-point line. Put your best on-ball defender on Quinten Rose, I'd go Dexter for the majority of the game. Other than that, don't let Nate Pierre-Louis drive the lane or get out in transition, and then run De'vondre Perry and JP Moorman off the three point line.
              Good observations. The Shocks seem to have done a pretty good job this year with their scouting and game planning. The key is how is that game plan executed by the players. For the most part the Shocks have done well this year. Although not sure that they seemed quite ready for the UConn press. The certainly did not handle it very well.

Glad we have Dexter back and playing well. I agree he is probably the best match up for Quinten Rose. I assume Trey will probably get some time on Rose as well.

I wonder if this match up might be favorable for Poor Bear seeing some time. Seems like he might match up decently against Moorman. I don't know if Poor Bear just hasn't recovered fully form his illness or if he just isn't showing 3G what he needs to see in practice. OTOH Poor Bear has only played 3 minutes since the December 21st game against VCU in which he played 14 minutes.

Deantoni is also a guy who physically somewhat mirrors Rose but he has only played a couple of minutes since his 21 minutes against Abilene Christian on December 29th. I don't know if 3G has lost confidence in these guys to be able to contribute in AAC games or not? Seems like he shortened his bench quite a bit against UConn. It doesn't seem like an Asbjorn friendly match up either.

Seems like 3G has really shortened his rotation over the last four games to 8 players. Against ECU it was basically 7 players because Dex was not yet back. In the past 4 games (ECU, Ole Miss, Memphis and UConn) the 7-8 man rotation has played 829 of the 850 minutes with only 21 minutes played by the deep bench (Asbjorn, Poor Bear, Noah, and Deantoni). Perhaps at this point he has determined that is how he is going to have to approach it. Perhaps this is what was behind the speculation by WuDrWu that taking the redshirt off of Josephat could still be in the cards this year.

Comment

Still can’t believe we’re #16 in the nation...somebody pinch me!

Shox by 7. Deeper bench this game I think due to road weariness. 12 will play including DG and IPBC.

Comment

Because the Shockers are so good this year, Philadelphia 76ers have invited the entire team to try out. At least I think that's why they are in their practice facility.

Comment

Bump
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I voted 1+ but it better be plus cuz only 1 isn't a win and we don't need another motherscratchin loss.
                      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

This will be like their “Memphis” game. Buckle up, it’s going to be loud.

Comment

According to kenPom we have to have at least 67 points and Temple has to have at most 64 points, or this one goes in the L column, if we even care to keep track of such things any more.

Comment

Will Temple sell a lot of tickets? We should win this but there certainly is a chance of a letdown following the UConn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              According to kenPom we have to have at least 67 points and Temple has to have at most 64 points, or this one goes in the L column, if we even care to keep track of such things any more.
                              If we lose, we have to be ranked lower than Liberty. They only have one loss.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

If we lose, we have to be ranked lower than Liberty. They only have one loss.
                                Yes, but what is their possession efficiency vs. the Shox. If our possession efficiency is better, we have to be ranked higher.

Comment

Working...
                                X