Wichita State (#23) at Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post

I agree with you. I thought Marshall liked saving timeouts for situations like the last 72 seconds. Now I am not sure why he saves them. Does he think he is going to earn some S&H green stamps or something for unused TOs?
    He's never called timeouts. Every year a percentage of the fan base freaks out because he doesnt call time outs.

In the mean time they continue to win a whole lot more than they lose. And that percentage of the fan base continues to cry about it.

Comment

• I really like our team on the court and in a back alley fight.

Comment

• Shockers: I’m gonna almost ruin your Sunday! But just kidding!
        Chiefs: hold my beer

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
          Players also have to take some responsibility for blowing a 9 point lead with 72 seconds left
          Indeed, Blackmag -- there was some pretty shaky stuff going on out there that Marshall wasn't directing. But I agree with Royal regarding the possible foul in the closing seconds. Go ahead and give up a guy if necessary -- the odds of there being a third OT are pretty minimal.

Comment

• I love how Wade got teed up, yet Hurley screamed at the refs. We might be in the American, but the refs aren’t up to snuff. More like MVC refs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
              Shockers: I’m gonna almost ruin your Sunday! But just kidding!
              Chiefs SPECIAL TEAMS: hold my beer
              FIFY
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                I love how Wade got teed up, yet Hurley screamed at the refs. We might be in the American, but the refs aren’t up to snuff. More like MVC refs.
                Well, one was Pollard....so.....yeah. MVC refs
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

every opponent from now on will see this tape
                  And what? Come to the conclusion "do all but physically assault the Shockers, and you might eke out a win (at home no less, and the last conference game they'll ever play together)

Comment

• Hey, a win is a win. Should’ve been a 10+ point win in regulation but oh well.

-Very strange game for Sherfield. His turnovers and inability to make a simple pass to beat the press marred what was otherwise a good game for him. Can’t wait until his 3 point shot starts falling.
                    -Great game for Dex. Found his range from three but even better was driving the hoop! Good effort on defense and the boards. Great time for him to find his groove.
                    -Refs were awful.
                    -Someone please punch Dan Hurley.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                      This game will- without a doubt- pay massive dividends come late February and March. I'm okay with Marshall keeping Grant -- he's our guy these next 4 years, so get him some lumps early.

I'm not okay, however, with 3G's game handling. Note to all: Gregg Marshall is not beyond reproach. We are allowed to criticize all on this board, and Gregg should be the first in line today.

How do you not foul up three with under 10-seconds left? How do you not call a timeout to set up a play to win the game (TWICE)? Really questionable stuff, and the university has provided over 3 million reasons why we are allowed to critique Gregg Marshall, so please stop your Gregg Marshall virtue signaling.

Happy to see my beloved Shockers win. If UCONN plays like that (and if they get those whistles), they will beat dang near everyone in Storrs.

Go Shox
                      I'll take a stab:

No foul: playing the percentages. The guy that made it has only taken 3 all season. Additionally, Dex got tripped when going to close out, resulting in him getting there too late to contest. Final note, with deep foul trouble, might have been problematic depending on who fouled.

Not calling timeouts to set up plays: If you have been coaching all year, your team should know what to do in those situations. A timeout is exactly what the defense wants you to do. iI alows them to set up and matchup. I much prefer tio attack a defense in disarray. Coaches calling timeouts in late game situations are poor at coaching during the week, or are looking to show the world they are "coaching" AND they are shifting blame. If the team exucutes after the timeout, the coach is brilliant, if they don''t it is the players fault. If the coach has done his job during the week, doesn't use the timeout, and the team succedes, the players get the reward for executing, if the team doesn't succede, the coach gets the blame for not calling a time out. Which leader do you want to play for: the one that puts you in position to win, and receive the credit, during the week, or the one who calls a timeout and shifts blame for a loss to the player and the credit for a win to themselves?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I normally agree with this. But Marshall could have done a lot to help with this. Time outs....substitution....etc.

Today wasnt Marshalls best days. Especially at the end of regulation.

He is human. It happens.
                        I don’t disagree, I would like to have seen some zone but that’s not us. Fouling players prior to 3 point attempts is always judgemental

Comment

• WSU - 89
                          UCON - 86

Bye Felicia

Comment

• g
                            Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                            Sherfield with a very up and down game. The end of regulation I blame Marshall more than Sherfield.
                            Yeap with this game on the line, you got to give the ball to J.Burton. GS is good but he is still a FRESHMAN. Lots of mistakes made by lots of players. Learn our lesson and move on. Lots of dumb stuff happen on the road. The floor was a joke. Some of the UCONN message board people knew the court was going to be trash because its over a ice hockey ring. I am just glad nobody got hurt.

Coach Hurley for UCONN is a crybaby pu$$y. He whines all during the game like his team should be granted some kind of special privilege. I am so glad we beat those punks.

Comment

• Lotta bitchin after a win at UConn. Sure end game could've gone better in a number of ways, but we freakin WON!

That was a ton of adversity. And I guarantee you Grant will learn a TON from this press. Even Fred struggled some under pressure his freshman year, and that was late season. And was this UConn press the most intense we've seen so far this year? I think maybe.

We have so many guys making Championship plays. WE ARE 15-1!

Stop bitchin, commend our guys for their play angry, MTXE ROAD WARRIORS WIN.

If we want perfect play we'll give Jordan, Kobe and LeBron a call, but until then I'm gonna love watching our awesome TEAM grow and mature into a devastating unit come March.

And Coach? Thanks for your brilliant preparation of these young men to succeed in this hostile situation. They believe. And so do I.

Comment

• Lol

salty boneyard user:

”This is just WOW. I wish the worst on WSU the rest of the way. And goodbye AAC. Freaking joke. Wish my coach put me in and told me to knock him on his a##
                                because I would gladly. Bulletin board material. Crush them next time boys.”

Comment

Working...
                                X