Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pie n eye
    replied
    I’m sure there is a definitive answer, in terms of score and time remaining, to when you should foul vs not foul. I don’t know what it is. Two coaches on the broadcast disagreed on 10 seconds left vs 5 seconds left.

I believe it would not have mattered if Dexter hadn’t slipped on the court. The pass probably never even goes to that player and even if it does he would have been more closely guarded.

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

He may be 0% from three up to that point but that doesn’t mean his chance to make his next three is zero. I know you know that.
    Sure. Just like the probability of going to OT or losing in regulation after fouling is also not zero.
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

No doubt some in game mistakes by players and coaches. It does happen, and when it does, on the road, it usually means a loss.

BUT, the preparation was there that forged a big lead that kept it a tie until they could find a way.

Both teams returned 3 starters from last year's game in Storrs. WSU Burton, Stevenson, Echenique & UCONN Gilbert, Vital, Carlton. All Husky players more highly regarded recruits.

My point is pretty much the same teams matched up again. Except UCONN added 3 top 100 recruits vs our regular guys. And we go from losing by 20 and not being competitive to winning and probably should have won by 10 or more despite a tough whistle.

Gregg gets credit for that. We have winners all over this program. And UCONN can eat a dick at McDonalds with all their priceless recruits in the Bleast. This is a man's conference and the men walked out of Storrs with the DUB.
    Well said!

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

If we're using percentages, they say that player had a 0% chance to make a 3.
    ​​​​
    He may be 0% from three up to that point but that doesn’t mean his chance to make his next three is zero. I know you know that.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    NM

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied
    I like how it's luck they missed the 2nd, but bad coaching that dude with 0 previous 3s hits one.

It's also not always about winning one possession. Sometimes it's about building a player for a career.

Marshall gets lucky A LOT.
    ​​
    I'll take no takes from a ref after watching that one and having a take away that the coaching was the problem.

Sherfield has handled double and triple teams all year. Previously, being tackled has resulted in going to the FT line.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Just wanted to say, eff UConn, eff your whiny ass coach, eff your officiating crew, eff your announcing crew, and enjoy getting effed in the Big East.

SCOREBOARD.
    We all have our little battles with Fever but this is why I love him on our side in the war!!!

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    1. In March it will just look like a W.
    2. 99% of coaches agree you must foul there. I cannot imagine what happened
    3. Sherfield gonna see a lot of double teams now. Hope he steps up
    4. Dex has his motor back. That one defensive sequence was amazing
    5. I really hated the coach's corner thing
    6. Yeah, we got hosed
    7. ETN is REALLY in shape
    8. Poo was ill 6-7 games ago and has like 2 min PT since.
    9. The announcers, the officials, the crowd all against us but......we win
    10. Beatin a whiny lil b!tch like Hurley is about as good as it gets

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

I'm giving him an 'F' for end game management.
    He has demonstrated stubbornness before and thought he was getting away from it. However, it undeniably returned to form today.

The lack of using TO's when his Freshman PG was totally rattled was inexcusable.

The lack of end game smarts at the end of regulation and no foul was abysmal.
    No foul with less than 10 seconds?
    Really?
    But...once wasn't enough.
    End of the 2nd OT and he decided to let them take another trey... which luckily bounced in and out.

Try defending that rationale in earnest and you may be a true black and yellow fan - and also need to put the crack pipe down.

That is all.
    Great post

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied
    Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Wouldn’t have mattered if we had fouled. The percentages for winning when fouling in this situation makes it clearly the smart play. To not do it Twice is just mind boggling
    If we're using percentages, they say that player had a 0% chance to make a 3.

We can pick our numbers all day.
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• ShockAzs
    replied
    Post game pressers?

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied
    Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Also, for the record on not fouling....we gave up the TIE and then STILL got the ball in and drew an extremely obvious shooting foul.
    Wouldn’t have mattered if we had fouled. The percentages for winning when fouling in this situation makes it clearly the smart play. To not do it Twice is just mind boggling

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    We lost by 20 there last year didn't we? Good win.

Stevenson was just granting them a Bon Voyage'. GGG's been known to the let the other guy "have it" every now and then...

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied
    Also, for the record on not fouling....we gave up the TIE and then STILL got the ball in and drew an extremely obvious shooting foul.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X