X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmyShockerFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    What I think is so hilarious is that they keep saying the AAC sucks...but if you have a losing record in a league that sucks, what does that make you? But next year they are going to kill it in the Big East.

They even make the comment, congratulation you beat a team that lost to USF by 15.

Leave a comment:

• Blackmag
    replied
    Izzo’s head lol, of course they maybe calling for head also

Leave a comment:

• Blackmag
    replied
    I’m sure Michigan State fans are calling for head along with Selfs up in Lawrence...

Leave a comment:

• wsu789
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mattdalt
    replied
    Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Did Izzo foul at the end of the game today or not?

I'll hang up and listen.
    THAT is funny!

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied
    Did Izzo foul at the end of the game today or not?

I'll hang up and listen.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by ABC View Post
    WSU 4-2 all time vs UCONN?
    Scoreboard.

Only losses were KembaGate in 2011 and last year there.

Leave a comment:

• wsu789
    replied
    Just jumping in today and apologies if this has been posted before; a buddy sent me a Kenpom analysis that concludes defending and not fouling when up 3 late is statistically a superior strategy. It is from 2013. Is that view no longer in the majority? Again, sorry if this had previously been debunked.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    I’ve had some time to think about the foul or not question. While I still agree we should’ve fouled, the most probable worst case scenario if we don’t is we go to OT. If we do foul, they go to the line with say five seconds left (probably about when we would’ve fouled).
    They make both.
    We still have to get the ball inbounds and with refs letting them get away with all types of contact it is a realistic scenario they steal the ball and score, it would actually be possible to lose the game. The other bad play that could transpire is the make the first free throw, miss the second and the ball gets batted out for a three attempt, another way to lose. We could get pushed out of position to get the rebound (no call) and then we allow a tip out, not probable but still a way to lose.

Still the high pct play to foul but given the game circumstances, our coach knowing our team better than anyone on this board, and the amount of time we would probably still have on the clock when we fouled, it is not as cut and dried as it sounds.

Leave a comment:

• ABC
    replied
    WSU 4-2 all time vs UCONN?

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    Too bad UConn is leaving the American. This is getting fun!

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Agreed that both approaches can succeed or fail on any given day.

I’m sure there is an answer to which approach has been successful more often over time.
    And I would wager that there is little statistical difference between the two.

Leave a comment:

• Blackmag
    replied
    That’s some funny reactions from the UCONN fans, they sound ku-ish. They really think there stepping up in competition? Don’t really see it in today’s basketball environment.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Sure. Just like the probability of going to OT or losing in regulation after fouling is also not zero.
    ​​​​​
    Agreed that both approaches can succeed or fail on any given day.

I’m sure there is an answer to which approach has been successful more often over time.

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    I believe it would not have mattered if Dexter hadn’t slipped on the hockey rink. The pass probably never even goes to that player and even if it does he would have been more closely guarded.
    FIFY. And, agreed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X