• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Honey bbq sauce??????
    Wait you too??? I thought I was the only one!!

Leave a comment:

• Shocker1976
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Whooaaa. Be right back I need to check something ...

... hmmm, nope, wife isn't laying naked on the bed, slathered up in honey-bbq sauce.

So hell didn't freeze over.

But this has to be close.
    Honey bbq sauce??????

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Check out the top right corner of the Kansas City Star!

IMG_20200113_173124.jpg
    Whooaaa. Be right back I need to check something ...

... hmmm, nope, wife isn't laying naked on the bed, slathered up in honey-bbq sauce.

So hell didn't freeze over.

But this has to be close.

Leave a comment:

• Bluzrover
    replied
    Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

"Nationally broadcast" is a bit deceiving. There are about 5 people watching that channel who aren't fans of either team. And the broadcast crew is just one of the reasons.
    Okay, I’ll bite. But perhaps you’re right and there were maybe 22 folks watching that game. I submit there were far more people watching that broadcast than any of our MVC games.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerDropOut
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I needed a cigarette after those two games.
    Me too. and I don't smoke!

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

IMG_20200113_173124.jpg
    Wow, they've been reading Shockernet also...

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

The only criticism I have with JE is that sometimes he makes too many moves. He is very good going to left or his right. And sometimes he just needs to go up with his shot. Most of those guys guarding him do not know which side he is going to shoot so just go up with it. And then sometime throw the fake in there. But no question about it he is good around the basket.
    I don't disagree with that. He also isn't great at finding and kicking out to perimeter shooters as he showed when he tried unsuccessfully a couple of times against UConn. He is pretty good with the hook pass to a teammate cutting through the lane. I think the thing with Jaime is that he is still learning the game. He hasn't played high level basketball very long.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

IMG_20200113_173124.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

And he in fact did go left against UConn with a beautiful left hook shot. It wasn't Jaime's fault that UConn allowed him to go towards his dominate hand. If they are going to give it to you, you take it.
    The only criticism I have with JE is that sometimes he makes too many moves. He is very good going to left or his right. And sometimes he just needs to go up with his shot. Most of those guys guarding him do not know which side he is going to shoot so just go up with it. And then sometime throw the fake in there. But no question about it he is good around the basket.

Leave a comment:

• Maizerunner08
    replied
    The announcing crew on CBSSN is not good. I found their comments to be uninformative, biased, and not to sound rude but the northeast accents made it hard to focus on the game. Nothing personal against the guys, just not a fan of them calling games.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by moshock View Post
    After watching the replay again - I have a question....Is their mascot the "Huskies" or is "Husky" a description of their cheer squad

Leave a comment:

• moshock
    replied
    After watching the replay again - I have a question....Is their mascot the "Huskies" or is "Husky" a description of their cheer squad

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by bighouse View Post

To be fair, JE can go over either shoulder, dont drink the east coast bias cool-aid that he is a one trick pony. He is smart and takes what the D gives him. Those announcers were aweful, it they could coach at all they still would be.
    And he in fact did go left against UConn with a beautiful left hook shot. It wasn't Jaime's fault that UConn allowed him to go towards his dominate hand. If they are going to give it to you, you take it.

Leave a comment:

• bighouse
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    So much to comment on but most have already been made. I would have fouled but I'm not the coach.
    Got to get JE working on his left hand cause everyone is going to be over playing his right from NOW ON !
    Mistakes were made by everyone and most everyone made lots of big plays, as well. Bottom line a W !
    For as young as we are and the atmosphere we were in I'm really proud of the freshmen. Good win. Good
    timing by DD for his return.
    To be fair, JE can go over either shoulder, dont drink the east coast bias cool-aid that he is a one trick pony. He is smart and takes what the D gives him. Those announcers were aweful, it they could coach at all they still would be.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
    1. I thought our guards handled UConn's press fairly well, until there at the end and then they didn't. What a great lesson for all of them. That tape will get worn out today.
    2. I was shocked that 3G's game plan was to get it into the post, given that UConn leads the league in blocked shots. Just goes to show what I know. But clearly Dan doesn't know how to scout, or his bigs don't listen to him, because Jaime kept taking it to his left and burning them.
    3. Not a huge fan of the "Coaches Clinic" but I will say this: Remember it wasn't that long ago when we were in the Mo Valley Clown conference and ESPN didn't even have talent in the arena during their broadcasts. Gillen and Lappas were annoying but no where near as annoying as that old bald-headed fart Dickie V. I'll take an experiment like that for a nationally broadcast game any day of the week!
    "Nationally broadcast" is a bit deceiving. There are about 5 people watching that channel who aren't fans of either team. And the broadcast crew is just one of the reasons.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X