X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double post

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyShockerFan View Post
      Illinois State has a funny thread on WSU right now. It is a 180 from the last couple years. Reality has finally sunk in for them, it's hilarious. They have fallen very far from "We're actually better than WSU" to "Now we will win the Missouri Valley" to "We'll never have a program like WSU, we've won 3 total games, all time, in the NCAA tournament."

Of course one guy is crediting Koch as the reason why WSU has been so successful.
      Here is some fun stats they dug up themselves over there in Redbird land...

"Looked it up. Since we last danced. Marshall took over Winthrop the following season, he has had 16 seasons of 20 plus wins, 19 conference championships, 18 post-season appearances, 14 NCAA Tournament appearance, 8 NIT wins, and 11 NCAA Tournament wins."

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Here is some fun stats they dug up themselves over there in Redbird land...

"Looked it up. Since we last danced. Marshall took over Winthrop the following season, he has had 16 seasons of 20 plus wins, 19 conference championships, 18 post-season appearances, 14 NCAA Tournament appearance, 8 NIT wins, and 11 NCAA Tournament wins."
        Illinois State is the only Valley team I really dislike. So it's kind of funny. I think their fans have started to drop the bravado after being putrid for a couple of years, though, so I'm a little more sympathetic than I was 2.5 years ago.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Illinois State is the only Valley team I really dislike. So it's kind of funny. I think their fans have started to drop the bravado after being putrid for a couple of years, though, so I'm a little more sympathetic than I was 2.5 years ago.
          That's why I laughed at them when they thought they were the next big thing and would dominate the Valley after WSU left. It's all cyclical with these mid-majors. They thought they were comparable to WSU. They have a random year of success and then it's gone. The even funnier thing with Illinois State is their random year of success only resulted in a 2nd round NIT appearance. That's their ceiling.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I don't think Illinois State has ever reached its potential. They have a decent arena, decent fan support and they are just two hours from Chicago, where there at 50+ division one prospects every year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

That's why I laughed at them when they thought they were the next big thing and would dominate the Valley after WSU left. It's all cyclical with these mid-majors. They thought they were comparable to WSU. They have a random year of success and then it's gone. The even funnier thing with Illinois State is their random year of success only resulted in a 2nd round NIT appearance. That's their ceiling.
              We are very fortunate that Gregg has built the program he has here. Can you imagine drudging through the Valley and beating everyone by 20 each game? Stands would empty at halftime and there wouldn't be near as much to talk about. Not to mention the outside risk of a bad loss derailing our at-large hopes.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

We are very fortunate that Gregg has built the program he has here. Can you imagine drudging through the Valley and beating everyone by 20 each game? Stands would empty at halftime and there wouldn't be near as much to talk about. Not to mention the outside risk of a bad loss derailing our at-large hopes.
                Look at UNI this year .. that is WSU every year in that league. They had a relatively good non-con (besides scheduling 2 D2 games for some reason) and lost 1 game in conference to a team tha that hasn't done anything in decades and is off the bubble for now

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  I don't think Illinois State has ever reached its potential. They have a decent arena, decent fan support and they are just two hours from Chicago, where there at 50+ division one prospects every year.
                  They have 6 NCAA appearances all-time and have never won more than a game in it. They're going on nearly a quarter century without being relevant. At some point, you are what you are.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      Maybe what they are is their potential.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        Ouchies.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post

Comment

You get two thumbs up for this one.

Comment

Working...
                            X