"Wichita" Eagle calls Wichita State "Midmajor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
    I read it yesterday and didn't read it as mid-major. It was tough to follow though. Poorly written.
    Pretty much agree with all the posts after mine. I don’t think it’s intentional. This article isn’t saying we’re mid major or necessarily a back handed compliment.

While I was reading it I kept thinking, “what the hell happened to Taylor? He is not usually this lazy or sloppy.” Come to find out it wasn’t Taylor.

It reads as a homework assignment that the student didn’t give a crap about and just threw something together at the last minute. Not malicious or negative but poorly thought out, researched, executed, and clearly written by someone with little to no knowledge of Wichita State, Tulsa or American conference basketball.

Comment

• Mid major author.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        D II author.
        FIFY
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Its not coincidence - not unintentional. Its a pattern of behavior.

Comment

• 5 years ago shares of the McClatchy company, parent of the Eagle, traded at almost $30 per share. Today it is trading at less than a dollar. We can only hope a worthy news organization picks up the Eagle when McClatchy goes belly up.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
              Its not coincidence - not unintentional. Its a pattern of behavior.

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.
                Or you are a proctologist. But if you aren’t then you’re the asshole.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  5 years ago shares of the McClatchy company, parent of the Eagle, traded at almost $30 per share. Today it is trading at less than a dollar. We can only hope a worthy news organization picks up the Eagle when McClatchy goes belly up.
                  saw the stock shot up after coming to an agreement with pbgc.. if this company survives the next 24 months, i'd be super surprised. at this point, they are in danger of being delisted and banished to the pink sheets. after that, liquidity dries up, ability to borrow is pretty much gone, and then they're gone....

coldblooded is a trader too... i'm guessing since i typed the @coldblooded and his name didn't show up that he got banned again. if not, i'd be interested in hearing his take / opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post

Or you are a proctologist. But if you aren’t then you’re the asshole.

Comment

• Classic MKRulz. Thanks for the smile.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• I hope that mook isn’t being “groomed” to take over as the WSU beat writer. Why is he writing about the Shox?

Comment

• Taylor is way too good for the Eagle.
                          Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                          X