Wichita State vs Abilene Christian Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    They are better than you think or expect. I smell a trap.
    We can’t be looking ahead to ECU.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Appears based on what I’m seeing from GoShockers that Sunday’s game is sold-out already. Also only 60 tickets left on StubHub, when some of the other games this season have had 800-1200 at this point. This all deserves a big pat on the back for one of the best fan-bases in the country.

Comment

We will by 17-25, and everybody gets in on the fun. Abilene Christian has some nice players, but not enough horses to keep it going for 40 minutes. Against our unrelenting pressure, this spells Doom for them.

Comment

They may be motivated, but they're still rated in the 264-265 range on KenPom/Torvik, and their best win is over KP #247 Nicholls State, with a loss to KP #240 Drexel.

They allow opponents to shoot 54.9% from 2 point range (ranked 315th in the country), so our bigs should have a field day. This is a game where Midtgaard can play and help quite a bit.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

This team doesn’t belong on the court with us. Of course, don’t look ahead...100 percent focus on the task at hand. WSU 20+
            Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; December 27, 2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              Appears based on what I’m seeing from GoShockers that Sunday’s game is sold-out already. Also only 60 tickets left on StubHub, when some of the other games this season have had 800-1200 at this point. This all deserves a big pat on the back for one of the best fan-bases in the country.
              Another game where the tickets scanned may lag tickets sold by a significant margin considering the opponent and the weather forecast. Temps in the high 30's and winds of 15 to 25 mph will make the walk to and from the arena a bit on the chilly side. We'll see.

No doubt those that do show up will represent well as they always do.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

oh the days of sirs beavis and butthead.

Comment

Difference for me between being in the Valley and the American. When in the Valley the out of conference schedule was the highlight, now I just want to get it over to get to the conference play.
                  Last edited by kcshocker11; December 27, 2019, 11:53 AM.
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                    Difference for me of between being in the Valley and the American. When in the Valley the out of conference schedule was the highlight, now I just want to get it over to get to the conference play.
                    Yup amazing the difference ... i mean compare these two schedules coming up. First is WSU sitting at 10-1 ... 1-1 Q1 and 3-0 Q2. With TWELVE Q1/Q2 opportunities left, including 5 Q1 (at least assuming others don't move up) ...
                    WSU.JPG

And now look at 9-1 UNI (1-1 Q1, 1-0 Q2). Only TWO Q2 games left (no Q1) .... the rest are Q3 and Q4 ....

UNI.JPG

Just amazing the difference in feeling between the two conference ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yup amazing the difference ... i mean compare these two schedules coming up. First is WSU sitting at 10-1 ... 1-1 Q1 and 3-0 Q2. With TWELVE Q1/Q2 opportunities left, including 5 Q1 (at least assuming others don't move up) ...
                      WSU.JPG

And now look at 9-1 UNI (1-1 Q1, 1-0 Q2). Only TWO Q2 games left (no Q1) .... the rest are Q3 and Q4 ....

UNI.JPG

That is a stark difference. After the noncon in the valley, it is a walk through the minefield. Nothing really to be gained.

Nice work Stickboy.
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

oh the days of sirs beavis and butthead.
                        Sad thing it's better than much of the garbage on tv now.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

WSU.JPG

UNI.JPG

lol at the q1 opportunities for UNI. And they have 1 Q1 win altogether?

Read the UNI board and they're (of course) confident in an at-large bid even if they lose 4 conference games. Do they not understand that 4 Valley losses are all bad losses? In 2017, we were sweating it at 17-1 as a name program with a thousand times more pedigree than them and they think they're getting in with FOUR conference losses? LOL.

If they cruise through Valley tournament, their ceiling is about an 11 seed. Life of the obscure mid-major.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

That is a stark difference. After the noncon in the valley, it is a walk through the minefield. Nothing really to be gained.

Nice work Stickboy.
                            Yup, even if you go through the whole thing with 2 losses .... that means 1. You didn't get either of your Q2 wins .... OR you got your Q2 wins but dropped 2 Q3/Q4 games .... Neither of those are positive outcomes lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol at the q1 opportunities for UNI. And they have 1 Q1 win altogether?

Read the UNI board and they're (of course) confident in an at-large bid even if they lose 4 conference games. Do they not understand that 4 Valley losses are all bad losses? In 2017, we were sweating it at 17-1 as a name program with a thousand times more pedigree than them and they think they're getting in with FOUR conference losses? LOL.

If they cruise through Valley tournament, their ceiling is about an 11 seed. Life of the obscure mid-major.
                              Yup ... going 18-0 through conference gives them a grand total of.... 1-1 Q1 and 3-0 Q2 .... 30+ games ... only 5 that mattered ...

Toss in the fact that they scheduled 2 D2 or less games ....

Comment

Dyess Air Force Base - 61

McConnell Air Force Base = 88

Go Shockers!!!

Shock and Awe.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X