VCU Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
    Weird this comes out less than an hour before tip-off.
    VERY strange timing.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Why are you assuming the worst
      Because a "personal reasons" statement is never good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

VERY strange timing.
        I'm guessing they have known before this morning and chose not to make it public until the last minute so VCU would have as little time as possible to adjust their game plan. If not, then hopefully it's not a tragic situation with someone in his family.

Comment

• Mike Kennedy said that he practiced with the team yesterday, and then made his decision following the practice. He kind of hinted there was an incident but gave no details. Kennedy went out of his way to say that the coaching staff have a good relationship with Dennis and have been very supportive. Kennedy also said that Dennis finished the semester with 4.0 GPA.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I'm guessing they have known before this morning and chose not to make it public until the last minute so VCU would have as little time as possible to adjust their game plan. If not, then hopefully it's not a tragic situation with someone in his family.
            Good point. But still... damn.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I love how they speed-dub the MK Marshall interview on the pregame.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Taylor seemed to indicate in his quicky article that Dex didn't show up for the game today, Marshall did not address the issue in the pregame with MK because they were still crafting the statement. May have caught several off guard.

Comment

• I’m freaking down.

Comment

• Hope Dexter Dennis is ok. He’s been having a down shooting year, but damn, he does so many positive things. I hope it’s nothing too serious and he’s ok.

Comment

• Post game Marshall said they’re hoping he’s back on the 26th and ready to contribute for the rest of the season.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• nm
                        Last edited by Kung Wu; December 21, 2019, 07:16 PM.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                          #ready
                          You got set up but good!

Comment

• Just rewatching the game. We have such deep talent this year. We have a point guard that could start at a lot of D1 schools, that only saw 6 minutes today. We have what we all thought was going to be our best player out indefinitely. Our leading scorer for the year doesn’t get double digits. And we still beat a damn good team.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              Just rewatching the game. We have such deep talent this year. We have a point guard that could start at a lot of D1 schools, that only saw 6 minutes today. We have what we all thought was going to be our best player out indefinitely. Our leading scorer for the year doesn’t get double digits. And we still beat a damn good team.
                              DD is not really out indefinitely. He should be back for the game on the 29th.

Comment

• The crowd was very good and I'm sure HCGM had to be impressed with the number of cell phones lit up during introductions. Again impressed with the defense our young guys are playing. Great movement and anticipation. Tremendous footwork and not reaching or grabbing. TE is a great catch and shoot guy, GS pushes the ball into the paint so well and JB is just a horse with the ball. JE is so fluid on the baseline and Poor Bear really showed some inspired play today. ES had his typical blue collar game and spent more time diving on the floor than he spent upright. NF was better at handling the ball and on ball defense than I have seen today against some pretty good players. Coming along nicely. I'm sure many are revising their expectations about this young team and the number of games they will win this year but a tough conference season is coming up with two non conference games left. I hope all or our guys and all other student athletes are able to take this time off to spend with family or loved ones and especially DD for him to sort things out and find peace. Merry Christmas to all of you here at Shocker Net which is truly a complex and interesting family of fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X