Shocker Fans very toxic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Someone needs to call in and tell HCGM he needs to rein in Lynn she's giving the rest of us a bad name.
    I was going to say that the camera panned to her a couple of times and she was as perfect as perfect gets. Every fanbase has their share of jackwaggons. But I've always witnessed road ShockerNation as pretty darned good even through my rose colored specs.

JamesOn, likely owner of the @i_karstenmelton twitter feed, seems to be a youngin with a desire to report sports. Pro tip James, if you're going to pin a tweet touting your writing skills, might want to make sure it's still live.

Sorry somebody hurt your feelings young man. Maybe walk outside your safe space and grab an alternative view at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesONCurry View Post
      First off congrats on the win. But I have to say. I’ve been appalled at the behavior of shocker fans. It feels like ever since the final four appearance the behavior of the fans has been shocking. A shocker fan shoved me and tried to fight me on my trip to Wichita (3years ago?) Two years ago I purposely sat far away from shocker fans in Gallagher iba, despite us having much better seats than where we sat. But honestly the behavior of some of your fans in Stillwater today was utterly appalling. I used to really like the shockers. And always cheered for you. But man. The fans have become so toxic the last four or five years. I am far more comfortable around OU fans or KU fans any day the week. I want to say that obviously many shocker fans are very nice people. But I decent chunk seem to have taken their passion for basketball to a confrontational level. To the point that I will not attend anymore OSU v Wichita games as the fans make me feel that uncomfortable. The last two times I’ve sat around shocker fans I’ve been utterly unable to enjoy the games due to their behavior. Just fruit for thought from an opposing fan, that used to really like Wichita. No reason for your fandom to be so toxic.

Comment

Edited
        Last edited by AZ Shocker; December 8, 2019, 11:48 PM.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

As I said. I was treated far worse than today when we won comfortably in Wichita. I just chalked that up to upset fans and bad apples. But after today it’s clear that win or lose roughly 25% of your fans are extremely toxic.

Here my take. Who gives a fuk what you think or feel. Anybody who comes on this board and talks about he would rather be around chicken hawk fans has no credibility.

Comment

Just proving my point. Insulting Oklahoma state degrees (like Wichita is any better). Rubbing in your win when our point guard and best player was out. I guess this is just what Wichita state’s fan base is. I remember you always used to talk about KU fans. Well you have become what you hated. Congrats.
            ***. Silly okie
            Last edited by Kung Wu; December 9, 2019, 09:27 AM. Reason: Just no.

Comment

My son’s favorite song this holiday season...

Comment

Sounds like someone that talks smack before a game and tries to instigate stuff. He got his face rubbed in it and can’t take it.

Comment

Toxic Shock Syndrome. What do I win?
                  One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                    Toxic Shock Syndrome. What do I win?
                    The Internet!

Comment

maybe hes gotten one of those darn sandusky pokes one too many times. i know eddie was quite the drinker so anything is possible.

Comment

I used to really like the shockers. And always cheered for you.
                        Not a true OSU fan. OSU fans don't like Shockers, Shockers don't like OSU. OSU fans, players and coaches when they came to Stephenson Stadium were always very rude and obnoxious.

Comment

All those supposed instances were clearly responses to being yelled at by home fans, who obviously didn't like having a large group of opposing fans at a game where their team was getting smacked around. I get it. That's not fun and feels quite insulting. But perhaps at least try to understand how it got to that point instead of ignoring the circumstances that led to it.

To say you won't go to another of your team's games against a specific opponent would make anyone question your fandom.

Comment

I think JamesONCurry may have had a little too much Jameson last night.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                              This Shocker fan looks pretty salty.
                              JamesOn hates babies. That says it all.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Remember, beer is good and people are crazy...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X