Shocker Fans very toxic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesONCurry View Post
    Just proving my point. Insulting Oklahoma state degrees (like Wichita is any better). Rubbing in your win when our point guard and best player was out. I guess this is just what Wichita state’s fan base is. I remember you always used to talk about KU fans. Well you have become what you hated. Congrats.
    Hi, I would like to come onto your board, tell you all that you act like trash and are assholes and I can't stand being in your general vicinty without puking. And if you disagree or don't treat me with respect, then you are proving my point. Now apologize for not accepting my broad generalization based on a handful of incidents and agree that I am better than you and beg for forgiveness and maybe I'll change my mind.

--- this dude
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for you JamesOnCurry

Comment

Ok. “***** you lose.” “Shut the **** up (when cheering). Flipping the bird. I can’t really say the actual words on here. But if you want to bury your heads in the sand, go for it. I even heard one guy say he wanted to punch someone in the face. If this were posted on an osu board it would be full of apologetic fans. Not people defending this behavior. Proved my point really. Good luck the rest of the season. You guys played well today.

Comment

In my experience, it's rude fans who get treated rudely.

The complaints about WSU fans on THE OSU BOARDS were that there were so many of them and they were loud.

If the visitor posting here was a referee at the game, he may have been the subject of some abuse from WSU fans.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Seems suspect. I find it unlikely that we happen to have found one of the 12 OSU fans in attendance today, and even less likely that it's one of the 3 that cheered. The odds just seem low.

Comment

I have no doubt in my mind that it's possible that a WSU fan used thd F word.

I also have no doubt in my mind an OSU fan used the F word. I would even lay a wager those words were said to fans on both sides. Unfortunate as that is, to come out and throw stones on behalf of your fanbase to our fanbase from your fanbases glass house is quite frankly,

Horseshit.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I obviously can’t prove or disprove what this guy is saying but it’s just plain silly to insinuate all OSU fans are saints. I’m sure like anything else, we could do some digging and find some not pleasant things about the OSU fan base. If this did happen, I’m sorry to hear this guy had to deal with a small minority of the fan base that does horrible things.

Comment

Until there’s any specifics on this, all I’m hearing is “How dare your fans travel well to GIA and cheer loudly as your team went on to victory. How dare you chant ‘left, right, left’ when a cowboy fouls out.” I won’t deny that we’ve got our share of assholes, but what fan base doesn’t? I for one won’t be losing any sleep over it. The Shocks gave us a W on good ol DJ’s birthday, regardless of who played or didn’t play.
                  Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Ok. “***** you lose.” “Shut the **** up (when cheering). Flipping the bird. I can’t really say the actual words on here. But if you want to bury your heads in the sand, go for it. I even heard one guy say he wanted to punch someone in the face. If this were posted on an osu board it would be full of apologetic fans. Not people defending this behavior. Proved my point really. Good luck the rest of the season. You guys played well today.
                    Not sure I think anybody would do that unless they were provoked previously. What seating sections did this occur in?

Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If someone says "shut the **** up" while cheering, I believe that is a response. Typically following something like "sit the **** down" or "Go back to Wichita, you *******".

It's prety rare that someone cheering uses the term "shut the *** up" to one of the Shox who's celebrating a made 3 or creating a turnover. It don't work that way.
                      Last edited by Aargh; December 8, 2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

They are Okies. Probably just words he heard from his shitty driving.

Comment

Just proving my point. Insulting Oklahoma state degrees (like Wichita is any better). Rubbing in your win when our point guard and best player was out. I guess this is just what Wichita state’s fan base is. I remember you always used to talk about KU fans. Well you have become what you hated. Congrats.
                          "Rubbing in your win"

It seems like you might be new to the internet and well sports in general. I believe you got confused and thought you were on an Oklahoma State board. This is the Wichita State board. Yes we are talking about humiliating your team today. That's because this is a Wichita State board.. got it?

Oh and our best player scored zero points today... Still had OSU down by nearly 30 before taking our foot off the pedal. So maybe your team isn't that great if one player makes 20+ points difference

Comment

We might be missing some context here. Could the whole story have gone something like this? I'm going to give our guest every benefit of the doubt.

After a made 3, some WSU fans distracted me from following the scores of the football games, so I politely asked them if they could be a little quieter because I was having trouble following the action in the Cowboys game. They were incredibly rude and responded to my very polite request by telling me to "shut the **** up". My snowflake ears and ego were permanently bruised.

Comment

Two observations seem to be in play here. I will only cite the first as established fact to reinforce the validity of the second.

1. No one has ever won an argument on Facebook. There is no point in attempting to enter one.

2. No one has ever had a good result by going on to an opponent's board and criticizing their fan base.

In both cases, even if you're right, you lose.

Comment

I have plenty of personal examples of OSU fans being nice and plenty examples of them being total douchebags . . . go melt your snowflake.

Comment

Working...
                                X