No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They love me? Do they also love daddy? Package deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
      LOL. It’s always impressive when you heap praise upon yourself, speaking in the third person.

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/new...south-carolina
      He was one step away from "Erik Stevenson is only one man."
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• It will be interesting to see how the NCAA handles the players transferring 2 years in a row. Caleb Grill said he wasn’t sure if he would be able to play right away at Iowa State or sit out a year.

Comment

• "“They’re going to see a guy who has his confidence back, has his swagger back but they’re going to get a competitive dude who doesn’t take anything from anybody. That’s going to wear off on the team and we’re going to have the attitude that we’re going to punch somebody in the mouth.”"

With Erik's attitude and temper .. he means a literal punch in the mouth ... not a figurative one.

Comment

• “I wasn’t really healthy for about a year and a half. I wasn’t playing to my full capabilities of being athletic and quick and being able to move how I want to move. Now I’m back healthy it’s bringing back my confidence,” Stevenson said.

“With reps with Division I guys in practice that confidence is going to go skyrocketing. I hope that wears off on the team so we all have confidence to make plays and try to win that SEC and get into the tournament.”
            hahahahaha. He got benched on a team of non-D1 players.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• "Stevenson is ready to get back to a “tough, hard-nosed” program like South Carolina where he can guard and play in a structure on the court similar to what he played while at Wichita State."

Interesting comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                "Stevenson is ready to get back to a “tough, hard-nosed” program like South Carolina where he can guard and play in a structure on the court similar to what he played while at Wichita State."

Interesting comment
                I really can't decide what the best part of this article is...it's all rich....

I JUST WISH THERE WAS A VIDEO!!!!:)

I'm also going to go with Loyola as his 4th school when this does not work out...and it won't...

Comment

• Oh my, where to even begin with that garbage. He's blaming injuries now?

I loved this part:

“People can say what they want, but I’m a much better shooter than what my numbers have shown.
                  We don't need to say anything dummy, the numbers speak for themselves. And it's a LARGE sample size. You are not a better shooter. You are what the numbers over three years say you are. It's not like it was one season.

This is going to be fun to watch play out...

Comment

• “The only thing I want a coach to promise me is he’s going to coach me hard, he’s going to hold me accountable and the other 12 or 13 guys on the team are all going to be held to a standard of excellence and play ball.”

If only Wichita State had a coach who could’ve done that for TP...
                    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      Oh my, where to even begin with that garbage. He's blaming injuries now?

I loved this part:

We don't need to say anything dummy, the numbers speak for themselves. And it's a LARGE sample size. You are not a better shooter. You are what the numbers over three years say you are. It's not like it was one season.

This is going to be fun to watch play out...
                      yep. Erik could be a better shooter but his ego gets in the way and he starts doing stupid stuff like he's auditioning for the NBA. I'm not sure that will ever change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

yep. Erik could be a better shooter but his ego gets in the way and he starts doing stupid stuff like he's auditioning for the NBA. I'm not sure that will ever change.
                        This is correct. If we are hones, Eric is a quality player who can play a role most of the time, and sometimes, when hot, drive the bus. His problem is that he wants to drive the bus all the time. He's a 10 ppg, 3-4 rpg, and 3 Assists pg player who should play 20 mpg most of the time. He's ok on defense but not great. He will never play in the NBA, but will play overseas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This is correct. If we are hones, Eric is a quality player who can play a role most of the time, and sometimes, when hot, drive the bus. His problem is that he wants to drive the bus all the time. He's a 10 ppg, 3-4 rpg, and 3 Assists pg player who should play 20 mpg most of the time. He's ok on defense but not great. He will never play in the NBA, but will play overseas.
                          In other words...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Bingo. He can be a solid D-1 player as the 4th-7th man. Unfortunately, he is disillusioned as to his capabilities.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Bingo. He can be a solid D-1 player as the 4th-7th man. Unfortunately, he is disillusioned as to his capabilities.
                              I agree that ES is a "solid D-1" player and I also believe that he responds well to positive reinforcement from his teammates and coaches. IMO his problem(s) stem from his apparent inability to handle "aggressive" criticism from his coach(es); fortunately, I will be able to attend several SC home games this coming season and can witness first hand how Coach Martin manages ES's successes and lapses on the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

In other words...

He certainly is “All hat, no cattle”

TTP should know by now, you are what your numbers say you are.
                                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X