Brilliant (NOT) Marketing Strategy To Sell Ticket Packages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant (NOT) Marketing Strategy To Sell Ticket Packages

The ticket office is offering some small packages to premiere games. Unfortunately, they're selling seats at $83.33 per ticket. One package includes Ole Miss, Memphis, and Tulsa. that package sells for $250.

I can go on vividseats today and get similar seating locations for the following prices

Ole Miss - $41
    Memphis - $49
    Tulsa - $23

Total - $113. Let's see, which would I rather do, spend $113 for 3 games or $250 for 3 games? Such a hard decision.

https://goshockers.com/news/2019/11/...aAUStMMcPcUYJU
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

I fail to see the point of this post.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Yeah, I wondered about this Black Friday “deal.” I could wrap my head around $150 but $250 is way too high.
      78-65

Comment

Program's tryin' to raise funds to support Power facilities and a Power coaching staff in a semi-Power league. You want bargains head on over to Wal-Mart.

T

Comment

The point is that if you're actually trying to sell something, you don't price it over twice as much as others are selling it for.

Price the package at $100 and if it's 100 seats they're trying to sell, they raise $10,000. Price them at $250 and they're likely to get nothing.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            The point is that if you're actually trying to sell something, you don't price it over twice as much as others are selling it for.

Price the package at $100 and if it's 100 seats they're trying to sell, they raise $10,000. Price them at $250 and they're likely to get nothing.
            Even if they priced them at $85 x 100 seats (looks even better) and if they could sell 20 at $250 is $8,500 vs $5,000. Take the 70% increase in revenue and run?

Got to consider how many season ticket holders might drop their SASO and season tickets the next year anticipating this kind of "fire sale" on quality games.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
              Yeah, I wondered about this Black Friday “deal.” I could wrap my head around $150 but $250 is way too high.
              I lol'ed when I saw that on twitter the other day. WTF kind of a "deal" is that?

Do the brainiacs in the athletic dept study any of the secondary market at all? Not to mention they're having a hard time selling out the place as is.

Sure, I'll pay $500 for two people for 3 games.. LOL.Where the hell are these seats? On the bench?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                Program's tryin' to raise funds to support Power facilities and a Power coaching staff in a semi-Power league. You want bargains head on over to Wal-Mart.

T

For 500 more dollars, I could get a seat halfway up in the corner to all 16 games as a season ticket holder.

If you begin to outprice the demand, well you're gonna have a bigger problem on your hands than the original one.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

For 500 more dollars, I could get a seat halfway up in the corner to all 16 games as a season ticket holder.

If you begin to outprice the demand, well you're gonna have a bigger problem on your hands than the original one.
                  My guess is math was never anything you excelled at. But trashing the Athletic Dept was something you could have majored in.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

My guess is math was never anything you excelled at. But trashing the Athletic Dept was something you could have majored in.
                    Great analysis, drone.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

They must test the limits of demand to find the true price and maximize profit. That is the American way; that is the NCAA way.

T

Comment

i really hope this is a joke.. our ticket office / athletic department can't be that clueless can they?

i have full faith in the forces of supply and demand, but they're failing to fill the joint with prices less than half of that on the secondary market. got my vcu ticket for $38... haven't bought the other two yet.

Comment

Secondary market aside, I was surprised given that I've looked at buying tickets to games last year and this year through the box office and the ticket structure every time I've looked has been $40 for upper, $75 for lower. So to see a Black Friday "deal" where the average per ticket is $83 was certainly disappointing. I understand WSU might think these games will carry higher demand, but that's where looking at the secondary market would suggest otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                            Secondary market aside, I was surprised given that I've looked at buying tickets to games last year and this year through the box office and the ticket structure every time I've looked has been $40 for upper, $75 for lower. So to see a Black Friday "deal" where the average per ticket is $83 was certainly disappointing. I understand WSU might think these games will carry higher demand, but that's where looking at the secondary market would suggest otherwise.
                            i’d love to hear how successful this campaign was.. if they sold more than 400 tickets (avg paid attendance so far has been right at 10,100) i would celebrate christmas and eat a big fat crow.

Comment

Working...
                            X