No announcement yet.

shocker lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eldridge's film breakdown on WVU's D made what happened pretty easy to understand. WVU defended our PG tight and about 5' further out than our PG wanted to be. Dribbling toward the sidelines was cut off, which messed up passing angles. Defenders were cheating on the wings by fronting them, which made passing to them impossible. Result? Lots of dribbling left and right by the PG. Instead of cutting to the basket, the wings tended to move toward half court to get in front of their defenders to receive a pass. That put everybody out of position with the shot clock running down.

Result? Frustrated attempts at shooting with the shot clock expiring.

More experience between PG and wings would have led to a lot of back door cuts and some crossovers to get in position to make the pass. The pass also needs to be made to lead the cutting wing - like a QB throwing a crossing route to a WR. That type if understanding, coordination, and timing requires some experience, and that's something this team doesn't have a lot of with a true Fr PG.

WVU was bigger and appeared quicker, and probably a little irritated, angry, and motivated after what Huggins will have said to them after they pretty much hardly even tried until the last minute of the UNI game.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

WVU was only one game but it's been our only one against a top 40 team. I am a long term thinker that not only
      wants to make the dance but be very competitive against the BIG boys. I am hoping we trend this way:

C - MO, AM, IC and JE occasionally depending on foul situation
      PF - JE, IC,TW, DG
      SF - DD, ES, TW, JB
      SG - ES, TE, JB
      PG - GS, JB, NF ( ES or TE? ) )

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        WVU was only one game but it's been our only one against a top 40 team. I am a long term thinker that not only
        wants to make the dance but be very competitive against the BIG boys. I am hoping we trend this way:

PF - JE, IC,TW, DG
        SF - DD, ES, TW, JB
        SG - ES, TE, JB
        I don't see JE as the primary PF until MO can show he can stay on the floor and score. Outside of 2 good games against Webb and UTM (where he also had 4 fouls in 13 minutes of play), the other 5 games he's averaged 11 minutes, 3 rebounds, 3 points, and 3.6 fouls.

Also do not see TW ahead of JB at the 3. An intangible is that he is valuable to the freshmen PGs when he's on the floor with them. Think of Armstead when FVV was a freshman. For example, in the Dance 5 games, Fred played almost 20 mpg. Armstead played 32 mpg, 12 of those at the SG (60% of FVV's total minutes).

DD is probably going to find himself on a short very soon unless he gets his offense in gear. His D is outstanding, but ES is pushing for minutes there as TE may be the future at the SG.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

PF - JE, IC,TW, DG
          SF - DD, ES, TW, JB
          SG - ES, TE, JB
          So you think after 7 games, of which most of them Trey has been one of if not our most consicstent player that he is no better than 3rd on the depth chart at any position?

Comment

Only ONE relevant game IMHO and he was totally ineffective on BOTH ends. I wouldn't count him out by any stretch, BUT he
            is an under sized PF and/or a slow SF. Want to see his heart in future tough match ups to see if he can over come what he gives
            up at PF. I am a long term optimistic thinker. JE has a nice outside shot. We don't play a high / low post where the PF plays at
            the elbow and has the option to shoot 15 footers or distribute to a post up center. With his length he would be a great passer to
            the post or free throw line shooter and still be available to go higher to screen. I just feel he will get exposed again against very
            good teams that play TWO big men and I want to prepare for these kinds of teams.. Wade may have a double double next game
            but that won't mean a thing to me. If you want to play with the big dogs you better prepare now and not in March.

Comment

Need a dislike button.
              Livin the dream

Comment

The asiseeit analysis may be the worst ever written on Shockernet..

Comment

I was just gonna suggest moving Asbjorn Midtgaard to the point........

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                    The asiseeit analysis may be the worst ever written on Shockernet..
                    Glad you said it first.

The guy that grabbed 11 rbs. against the Mountianeers is our 4th pivot?

Comment

You guys are not comprehending the FULL context - I am suggesting JE starting at PF and only playing center when MO and AM
                      are in foul trouble. He may be our best option at PF in March against the big boys and he did play some PF last game. Now, if
                      TW proves he can bang with OSU, OU and VCU effectively I will reconsider. I mentioned we only have one legit sample so far and
                      he didn't fare well. Don't get so excited over his stats against the level of competition we have played thus far. He may pan out but
                      we better have a plan B - that is all I am saying.

Comment

So TW gets demoted for posting double doubles against weak competition, but AM is reliable while missing layups and boxouts against same said competition?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Odd comment. Why is everyone worried about his shorts?
                          Don't think anyone is worried about his shorts. However, some of us are worried about how much HE IS WORRIED about his shorts.

Comment

That is correct. The real point is it appears to be effecting his play. One of the coaches need to take control and set some ground rules

Comment

Originally posted by Steve78 View Post
                              That is correct. The real point is it appears to be effecting his play. One of the coaches need to take control and set some ground rules
                              So you registered an account and logged on to make your two posts about Dennis's shorts? WGAF? That has nothing to do with anything,
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I really doubt it's his shorts that is affecting his play. They're a good scapegoat for the fans though.
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X