No announcement yet.

shocker lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is Dexter going to figure out that his shorts are not the most important thing about his game. We need the old Dexter back.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve78 View Post
      When is Dexter going to figure out that his shorts are not the most important thing about his game. We need the old Dexter back.
      Odd comment. Why is everyone worried about his shorts?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Not everyone forget this is the 300 and something youngest team in D1. Out of all the young /inexperienced team GM ran out. This looks like the most talented in my opinion. They will be fine tuned come January should he fun.

Comment

Could the WVU game be an aberration? Were the Shockers overconfident due to their domination of South Carolina?

Clearly DD is in a scoring funk but his defensive play is excellent. TW's all round game has exceeded expectations (mine anyway) except for the WVU game.

HCG3 is very unlikely to change his starting lineup but will continue to substitute freely in search of finding the most productive lineup for each given game.

Central Arkansas will open against GS, ES, DD, TW and JE; coupled with a lot of substitutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve78 View Post
            I'm kinda under the impression Dexter might've peaked offensively last year as a Freshmen. But that's okay. Still a heck of a defender!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

1) don't make ANY judgements based on what happens vs CAU - very weak team
              2) who starts against OSU and other good teams will tell you more and who gets the most minutes
              3) JB, DD and TW have to play better - we don't depend on back up centers to carry us offensively
              4) need IC or DG to be dependable help at PF
              5) move the ball, move without the ball, see the court and find open team mates...….assists !
              6. who starts doesn't matter

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

I'm kinda under the impression Dexter might've peaked offensively last year as a Freshmen. But that's okay. Still a heck of a defender!!!
                I doubt very much Dexter thinks that is the case and I certainly don't think Dexter will accept that. Dexter is just 7 games into his sophomore season. He has a long way to go before he maxes out his talents and a good bit of time to make that happen.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 9, 2019, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                  Could the WVU game be an aberration?.
                  Was the game with WVU vs. UNI an aberration when UNI outrebounded WVU by 5?

If your answer to my question is YES then the answer to your question has to be YES.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If your answer to my question is YES then the answer to your question has to be YES.
                    My answer is yes. Thanks for confirming my impression of the WVU game;

Comment

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                      Here's my stab at it.

PG: GS (last chance for top mins for GS), JB, NF
                      SG: ES, TE, NF
                      SF: DD, ES, JB
                      PF: TW, IPBC, DD
                      C: JE, MO, IPBC, AM
                      Has NF played SG this year?
                      How about GS? Has he played SG?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Agree all. WVU played a better game than us, for one game only.

The fact the UNI out-rebounded WVU by 5 and led for 38+ minutes kind of reveals the story of the game. Our game had the opposite results, concerning the glass. The results are evident. The board stats are glaring. The Mountaineers were the better D for just one game than the Shocks.

There is an age old platitude in sports/basketball; Defense wins games: Rebounding is defense. Play the players who go get the ball...

GGG likes board getters... Shocker fans like board getters... Unschooled fans put their money on the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Agree all. WVU played a better game than us, for one game only.

The fact the UNI out-rebounded WVU by 5 and led for 38+ minutes kind of reveals the story of the game. Our game had the opposite results, concerning the glass. The results are evident. The board stats are glaring. The Mountaineers were the better D for just one game than the Shocks.

There is an age old platitude in sports/basketball; Defense wins games: Rebounding is defense. Play the players who go get the ball...

GGG likes board getters... Shocker fans like board getters... Unschooled fans put their money on the offense.
                          It's true that defense wins games, but WVU had a better offensive game (offensive rebounds) as a result of our lack of defense (defensive rebounds).

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            my wish is for Etienne to develop into a PG. He’s playing the 2 and at 6’1”, it’s not ideal. He played some PG in HS and is gonna have to be a PG if he plays at the next level. I’m still not convinced we have what we need at the point. Sherfield is just too methodic and is not creating like he needs to. We hear about his shooting but I haven’t really seen it yet. Start JB at the 3 and Erik at the 2. Until Dennis starts playing like he can, we need guys out there that can put points on the board and I don’t think we’re giving up much on D the way ES and JB play.
                            I see your logic and it makes sense. However, I think in time with a few games under our belts we have chance to be very solid at the point with JB / GS / NF

I want TE working without the ball to get open to drain 3's

Comment

Originally posted by shelback View Post
                              Not everyone forget this is the 300 and something youngest team in D1. Out of all the young /inexperienced team GM ran out. This looks like the most talented in my opinion. They will be fine tuned come January should he fun.
                              There are younger teams - Duke, Kentucky, Florida, Virginia Tech, and Utah to name the few. The youngest team in the NCAA.......

Memphis

Comment

Wade's extremely early exit from the first half changed and defined the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X