No announcement yet.

shocker lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ranger panties went away last night, but Dexter’s shot did not appear.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

You have over 5k posts on this forum....LMAO you're right....someone needs a hobby...
      Did I strike a nerve?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
        The asiseeit analysis may be the worst ever written on Shockernet..
        Shocker Net has a long and illustrious number of horrible posts but still far fewer than many other message boards. An excellent example would be the Redbird message board.

Comment

Back to the topic which is weird I know. The starting line up against the little arkansas team was one I have no problem with. Liked JB at the point and GS at the SG. GS at the shooting guard seemed to work in his favor as far as shooting and he is still tough on D. Bringing Dexter off the bench did not help his outside shooting but we gained a little more intensity on D when he came in. Watching Dexter shoot in the shoot around he hit everything he put up. It reminded me of ES last year. DD's shot during the game seems so much more flat than during warm ups. Seemed like ES had the same problem last year and at the start this year. I believe that at some point (hopefully on Sunday) that he regains that touch.

Comment

Tell me what was so bad about the suggestion of playing two big guys together? If you understood the entire context that
            was the point. I didn't say JE was our #4 best center I said he may be more valuable at times at PF. To be more clear I
            think he is our best at both C and PF but he can't play both at the same time. What I said was maybe we should play him
            more, even start, at PF but, of course, be able to play center, as well, depending on game situations. If MO, AM and IC
            can be effective at center it gives us the luxury of experimenting with JE or IC at PF playing with another big. JE is the best
            outside shooter of the four centers who could potentially stretch the defense allowing more room inside for drivers and
            post up play plus he is tall/long enough to make effective passes inside. As for horrible posts maybe you should look at so
            many over the top negative posts made by many during the games ?

Comment

I'm not willing to give up on Grant at the Point. He is still young and he has been relied on as a scorer in the past. A scoring point guard can work but he needs to balance his scoring with his distribution of passes. Marshall still refers to him as a Point guard also, so I don't think he has given up on him either. Grant is a good passer too, so if he can figure it out, he could be a dynamic point guard. I might add that some of the best teams that go a long way in the NCAA Tournament have very good scoring (both 3 point shooters and who can also penetrate to the basket) and shooting point guards. One last addition, is that Grant's 6'2 or 6'3 size can help a dynamic point guard and he is also a good defender.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                The starting line up against the little arkansas team was one I have no problem with. Liked JB at the point and GS at the SG. GS at the shooting guard seemed to work in his favor as far as shooting and he is still tough on D.
                While GS did play some 2 during the game, TE was the starting 2.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  Back to the topic which is weird I know. The starting line up against the little arkansas team was one I have no problem with. Liked JB at the point and GS at the SG. GS at the shooting guard seemed to work in his favor as far as shooting and he is still tough on D. Bringing Dexter off the bench did not help his outside shooting but we gained a little more intensity on D when he came in. Watching Dexter shoot in the shoot around he hit everything he put up. It reminded me of ES last year. DD's shot during the game seems so much more flat than during warm ups. Seemed like ES had the same problem last year and at the start this year. I believe that at some point (hopefully on Sunday) that he regains that touch.
                  The volleyball team uses (or at least has in the past) a ball "tracker" like the golf shot-tracker that Lamb used to track consistency of the ball flight on setting passes. I wonder if any of the basketball players utilize the machine to track the consistency of the flight of their shots in extracurricular practices. Seems it might be helpful.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Would really like to see ES get an extended run at the point. He appears to be the best on our team at actually creating offense for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                      I'm not willing to give up on Grant at the Point. He is still young and he has been relied on as a scorer in the past. A scoring point guard can work but he needs to balance his scoring with his distribution of passes. Marshall still refers to him as a Point guard also, so I don't think he has given up on him either. Grant is a good passer too, so if he can figure it out, he could be a dynamic point guard. I might add that some of the best teams that go a long way in the NCAA Tournament have very good scoring (both 3 point shooters and who can also penetrate to the basket) and shooting point guards. One last addition, is that Grant's 6'2 or 6'3 size can help a dynamic point guard and he is also a good defender.
                      Grant, like all freshmen before him, is still learning the system. He’ll be a good PG halfway through the conference season. Just like JB last year.

Comment

Stats on per game basis through 8 games grouped somewhat by position:
                        MU,IPBC,JE,AM DD,DG,TW ES,TW,GS,NF,JB
                        MP 45.5 56.9 94.5
                        FG 6.0 6.4 14.1
                        FGA 11.9 17.9 33.9
                        FG% 0.505 0.357 0.417
                        2P 5.9 3.9 8.4
                        2PA 11.3 9.8 18.1
                        2P% 0.522 0.397 0.462
                        3P 0.1 2.5 5.8
                        3PA 0.6 8.1 15.8
                        3P% 0.200 0.308 0.365
                        FT 3.1 3.4 7.9
                        FTA 4.3 4.6 11.1
                        FT% 0.735 0.730 0.708
                        ORB 5.4 3.6 1.6
                        DRB 6.3 9.0 10.6
                        TRB 11.6 12.6 12.3
                        AST 1.0 3.0 11.9
                        STL 1.0 1.6 4.9
                        BLK 2.3 1.6 0.6
                        TOV 2.6 2.8 5.1
                        PF 7.9 4.1 6.6
                        PTS 15.3 18.6 41.9
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                          Would really like to see ES get an extended run at the point. He appears to be the best on our team at actually creating offense for others.
                          Let Eric create offense from his natural 2 and 3 spots. He’s a good all around player but not a bring-it-up-the-court-start-the-offense point guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Let Eric create offense from his natural 2 and 3 spots. He’s a good all around player but not a bring-it-up-the-court-start-the-offense point guard.
                            Agreed.

Eric is hella' good, but he ain't an every down point guard (been watching conference championships today).

Comment

Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post

When NF and JB were both out he got some run at point and was not good. OTOH, he makes a great second or third guard. The truth is, I’m not worried about the backcourt at all. They need to improve, but they are so young! JB, ES, and maybe GS and DD can play two positions, and we still have TE and NF and can handle one. I like ES and JB off the ball with their skill set to help the freshman PGs and JB at the 1 when we have one dimensional scorers TE and DD on the floor.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Looks like the starting lineup has been found:

PG - Burton
                                SG - Etienne
                                SF - Stevenson
                                PF - Wade
                                C - Echenique

-----

Crazy to see how fast things can change. At the end of last season, it would have been tough to imagine not starting Dexter Dennis.

Nothing wrong with being a great 6th man. Hopefully, he can become the best 6th Man in college basketball.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X