No announcement yet.

Mike Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problem with getting on the opponent- and hard. I just thought the specfics in this case were a bit much.

But fair enough: add K State fans to my list of those we shouldn't have any trouble being better than.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
      I understand your point, but surely you realize the crowd will be more likely to boo the officials in that 10-3 scenario. That's what I was trying to say. Also I think we go back to the "hot button" thing. The grabbing and shoving 30 feet out was not called on UAB much. Nor was the traveling, as SB said. Probably had we been traveling and mugging 30 feet out, it coulda gone uncalled as well, dunno.
      Pin,
      Yes, they are going to boo. I certainly understand it and accept it. They paid money to get in and if they want to spend their time booing, it's their choice. Most knowledgeable fans are there to support their team and enjoy the game. If others feel the need to boo based on their feelings, I really don't have a problem with it. Most officials subscribe to an old Arabic saying regarding crowd noise... "The dogs may bark, but the caravan moves on." 8)
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShox
        A few years ago, I went to a K-State-Colorado football game in Boulder. The CU band played "The Low Brass Cheer" and then in unison 50,000 people chanted:

"F**k 'EM UP!
        F**k 'EM UP!
        GO CU!!!

The enitre stadium did it. 50,000 people.
        I've been at 3/4 of the games in Boulder since 1991 and I can ASSURE you that NEVER have 50,000 chanted anything in unison, not even "boo". The students do chant what you say, anywhere from 5,000-10,000 depending on the time of game and degree of drunkenness. The remainder who chant anything at all during the Los Brass Cheer, probably no more than 1/2 the remaining 40,000 fans, repeat the original words, "Ruff 'em up, Buff 'em up, Go CU."

Still, CU is not proud of those students, but students anywhere cannot be controlled, including WSU.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

i like how you say we were booing good calls at the lsu game when you listened to it on the radio....

Comment

I agree that too many fans do boo the good calls that go against us. Some calls I can understand as they may appear questionable or just plain bad. But nobody is perfect and officials will call what they see most of the time.

Personally, I actually get a kick out of fans booing or yelling things at me when I work. Occasionally, not very often, something witty is said and it makes me chuckle. Normally, I'm just amazed at how little many people actually know about the game. The crowd has very little, if any, influence on calls.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              .... Occasionally, not very often, something witty is said and it makes me chuckle.
              One of my favorites occured at a high school JV game. The official walked to the scorers table. A nearby fan asked him how he could sleep with all these lights on. It brought a smile.

Comment

i agree there, i find it funny. some guy behind me yelled at the ref that he was the worst ref that he had ever seen in his entire life. over-exaggerations are the best. i just got tired of coach davis getting mad when they were getting away with slightly more than we were.

Comment

Originally posted by skyshocker30
                  i like how you say we were booing good calls at the lsu game when you listened to it on the radio....
                  I don't watch games and watch the officials thru a magnifying glass like a lot of our fans do. I honestly feel some of our fans go to the games just to get on the refs... or they watch the refs more than the team itself. My point was that the arena sounded poor with a ton of booing on the radio IMO compared to other college games I have heard.

Comment

I don't understand why so many have a problem with heckling him about something that happened in his PROFESSIONAL life. He wasn't being heckled about losing a job in another field or anything from his personal life. It would absolutely hurt in a very personal way to hear about losing your job, but isn't the point of heckling to affect someone emotionally. I have never been, nor will I ever be, a heckler, but for a rowdy student section to heckle about previous failure as a division one coach is, IMO, relevent and fair game.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock
                      Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                      I think the officials did blow the 5th foul on Vaden. I didn't see the play, but I did listen to it on the radio
                      Your offering an opinion on a foul you didn't see...That's hilarious. Did you happen to stay at a holiday inn express.
                      Typical Coach's show caller: "I wasn't at the game, but it seemed like Player X was always looking over his shoulder."
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef
                        Most officials subscribe to an old Arabic saying regarding crowd noise... "The dogs may bark, but the caravan moves on." 8)
                        I prefer the Confucian maxim "Man who stand on toilet is high on pot!"
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• you are right about how our fans boo louder. i've only been able to go to the last two home games and the umkc game because i go to KU, but that is noticeable, you are correct. however, i have not seen any refs as bad in lawrence as i have here this week... perhaps the quality of mvc refs has something to do w/ the boos?

Comment

• Keep in mind us Wichitians love to complain...

Maybe that's why the boos are so loud...
                            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                            Students > Alumni
                            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

• Originally posted by skyshocker30
                              you are right about how our fans boo louder. i've only been able to go to the last two home games and the umkc game because i go to KU, but that is noticeable, you are correct. however, i have not seen any refs as bad in lawrence as i have here this week... perhaps the quality of mvc refs has something to do w/ the boos?
                              You go to KU and no one on here has blasted you yet for it?

Comment

• ha i'm as surprised as you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X