Mike Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newshock1234
    Yup, we were taunting him just like a normal student section were, and as he was walking on to the court for the 2nd half,i kept taunting him, i was chanting " you got fired" and then he told me "You need to shut the **** up you stupid mother ******" talk about losing your compusure and it reflected on his players as well
    I think you what you said to Coach Davis was very mean and classless. But thanks for getting him all riled up, I think you might have helped us win the game.

Comment

Every coach yells at the refs. He went through a real ordeal at IU- not all of it his fault.

Comment

and im not a coach or player.
        but thanks.
        And sitting there b4 every game whats what we do.
        nothing personal.
        just getting in their heads.
        and when i remember it was mike davis i was like. YOU GOT FIRED!
        and i was honestly shocked that he responded so negatively. i mean come on its a college basketball game. Coaches get taunted its part of the game.
        "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
        CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by Harold_Shox
          Every coach yells at the refs. He went through a real ordeal at IU- not all of it his fault.
          Thats funny i dont think ive seen coach marshall pull one aside and yell at him yet.

Its not that he yeleld at the refs
          and it was more than yelling he had to be restrained by his assistants. he was gonna go after him.

Its whining.
          its being a sore loser.
          Its being classless in a suit as the head coach of a major institution.

Comment

and i was honestly shocked that he responded so negatively.
            You are surprised he reacted negatively to that ? I'm not.

Comment

dude, being fired is pretty personal

Comment

I understand, student section and all. But maybe you should try getting hired as a basketball coach before heckling someone else for getting fired two years ago!

And RipEmUp, how can that crap not be personal? It's very personal. Kudos to the coaches that can ignore it, but when they don't what do you expect? It's completely classless both directions, but the complaining here sounds like some of you can dish it, but can't take it.

Comment

Im suprised a D1 basketball coach yelled [profanities removed] at a student.

Comment

like i said royal I am a fan. I even told Jim Shaus about our cheer and he said either way its unacceptable for a coach to act that way.
                    He said taunting is just part of college basketball atmosphere.

You respect Jim Shaus opinion right royal?

Comment

And it's time to quit quoting it. F-bombs are no-nos here regardless of who said it.

Comment

fans yell at coaches and players, coaches yell at refs, it's all part of the game. I do my fair share of heckling during the NBC tournament (baseball). Sometimes it does get out of hand though.

As for coaches having to be restrained by refs, as an officials standpoint you could say it's classless, but you have to remember, these coaches are fighting for their jobs. If the team doesn't perform to their abilities, the coach gets the blame, no matter if it was bad officiating that caused a loss. I don't blame Coach Davis a bit for being aggravated with the officials, because from a coaching standpoint, he's fighting for his team and his job. Heck, I'd do it too. It's a part of sports, just like fans heckling other teams coaches and players. That can be considered pretty classless as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                          Im suprised a D1 basketball coach yelled #### at a student.
                          Yes, we all know if you were in his position, you would have taken the high road and just ignored everyone.

Comment

If you saw him at the airport or restaurant or somewhere without a big bouncer looking dude in a 'CROWD CONTROL' shirt and a barrier between you and the coach, would you be so brave to say that ?

Comment

I respect Jim Schaus but do not respect his opinion on this if it is truly that all taunting should be accepted as normal.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                                And it's time to quit quoting it. F-bombs are no-nos here regardless of who said it.
                                I didnt say an F-bomb or quote one. I censored it.

Comment

Working...
                                X