No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. West Virginia Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have anyone coming up before VCU that uses a solidly pressing defense? I think the low shooting percentages last night was at least partially caused by the stress facing that defense. I know Marshall said before the game that he wished he'd had time to better prepare the team... They showed Marshall watching the WVU game the night before and his face showed concern. I also thought the WVU team played really badly against UNI compared to against us. I can't remember what sort of defense OSU uses. I think Marshall will have time to prepare his team for VCU later on and something to base iton. They are different than WVU but they also put enough pressure on to keep the opposing team from getting in to a rythym also.

Comment

• Coach has a week to show them everything they did wrong. We will be fine. We have a lot of talent. Just need to play together.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
        You are a good man!!! Happy Holiday!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
          Coach has a week to show them everything they did wrong. We will be fine. We have a lot of talent. Just need to play together.
          I like the way the schedule for the month of December sets up.

The Shocks have what should be a game the will allow them to get back into a better rhythm and state of mine next Thursday against what appears to be one of the weakest, if not the weakest teams on the non-con schedule in Cental Arkansas. This should allow 3G to work on some things and spread out the minutes with a trip to Stillwater to face what appears to be a very good OSU Cowboys team next Sunday.

After that the Shocks have six days to prepare for the dowtown arena game with OU. Then another week to prepare for VCU in Koch Arena on December 21st.

In between the VCU game and the ECU game on New Year's Day the Shocks will get some time off for Christmas and and still have time to get some good practice work and a get back into the swing of things game against Abilene Christian on December 29th.

By the time the New Year rolls around the Shocks will have had a good mix of practice, several challenging games, a couple of buy games to to work on things, and a little R&R that are all spread out nicely. Hopfully, this is exactly the formula this team needs at this point.

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge‏ @tayloreldridge 10m10 minutes ago

More
            Possessions played by position for Wichita State vs. West Virginia:
            PG: Sherfield 52%, Burton 34%, Fernandes 15%
            SG: Etienne 66%, Stevenson 27%
            SF: Stevenson 48%, Dennis 43%, Burton 8%
            PF: Wade 41%, Echenique 24%, Dennis 14%, Burton 8%
            C: Echenique 46%, Midtgaard 34%, Udeze 20%

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Has some ears now? What that mean?
              Means players tend to listen better after a loss because they realize they might need to learn something and perhaps don't already know it all.

Comment

• Watch film, hit gym, move on. Seasons long and just getting started.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Means players tend to listen better after a loss because they realize they might need to learn something and perhaps don't already know it all.
                  Yeap our guys can improve. But there is nothing you can say about this game but admit that we got an old fashion butt whipping. I can't think of another game where we got dominated on the boards like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yeap our guys can improve. But there is nothing you can say about this game but admit that we got an old fashion butt whipping. I can't think of another game where we got dominated on the boards like this.
                    You better believe it! The Shockers had a front court player who the Mountaineers were going up, down and around. Won't say who it was, but it wasn't Wade. This post in question had zero rebounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

You better believe it! The Shockers had a front court player who the Mountaineers were going up, down and around. Won't say who it was, but it wasn't Wade. This post in question had zero rebounds.
                      Box score don't lie.

Comment

• We all know Marshall likes to play undersized 4s, but looking at the playing minutes Eldridge posted I was surprised JB and DD played so many minutes at the 4.

It would be nice to have a traditional-sized 4, wouldn't it?

Comment

• So, we had one player that allowed the other team to go up, down and around us while all of his team mates were
                          flawlessly handling their assignments, rebounding, assisting, guarding, and shooting it well ? Oh, and this one guy
                          only played 7% of the teams total minutes but somehow allowed all the rebounds and points by their two big guys.
                          Why in the heck did the coach let him play so much? Had the zero rebounder not played made a difference in the outcome?

Comment

• Now those are two excellent questions!

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

You are a good man!!! Happy Holiday!!!
                              If indeed I am (debatable) then I owe much of that success to you, sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                We all know Marshall likes to play undersized 4s, but looking at the playing minutes Eldridge posted I was surprised JB and DD played so many minutes at the 4.

It would be nice to have a traditional-sized 4, wouldn't it?
                                Watching this team over the summer and before the season started, there was experimentation with 2 bigs on the floor at times, along with Trey learning the 3 spot. I've been hoping to see more time for 2 bigs, but it's a tough balancing act between experimenting and winning.

The fact of the matter is you are less likely to be successful if you're the smaller team in D1 basketball. Doesn't mean you can't be successful, just that it's more difficult. If we intend to be successful in March, it's probably not going to be with a lot of 6'5" type 4s.

Something WVU rubbed our collective noses in on Wednesday.
                                Last edited by WuDrWu; December 1, 2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X