Grand Canyon U student section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Canyon U student section

Here is a piece from The Athletic about how their student section evolved. I put it here instead of the NCAA forum due to the recent criticisms of WSU's in-game experience.

https://theathletic.com/1397407/2019/11/21/grand-canyon-u-basketball-student-section-party/

GCU, which played in the NAIA until the 1990s and didn’t become an active member of Division I until 2017, has proven that a school doesn’t need a perennial NCAA Tournament team to throw a hell of a party around a basketball game. So listen up, Power 5 athletic departments. If your basketball games are boring, it’s your fault. GCU created the ultimate hoops party from thin air, and if you take some notes, you probably could too.

Better watch out for the thread nazi's to scold you for posting here.

Comment

Do we have a phone light app this year? I know they tried it in previous years and it didn't work all that well.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
        Do we have a phone light app this year? I know they tried it in previous years and it didn't work all that well.
        According to my season ticket package, yes. I haven't tried it yet.

I will save ShockerFever an aneurysm by not posting the flyer that came about it, as that was the most ridiculously unprofessional thing I have literally ever seen in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

According to my season ticket package, yes. I haven't tried it yet.

I will save ShockerFever an aneurysm by not posting the flyer that came about it, as that was the most ridiculously unprofessional thing I have literally ever seen in my life.
          lol!

I could only imagine...

But now I’m extremely curious.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

pic.jpg

Comment

Unless People Pixel is vastly better than the last time, this was poorly executed in the arena. They need to do one that uses the flash of the phone, I've seen some pretty cool ones online. Most of them coordinate by ultrasonic sound rather than via wifi.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I downloaded the app last year and followed the instructions but it never worked.

I just ended up using my phone flashlight instead.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I couldn't read past the first sentence, lol, I'm dying because it's funny but sad because we seriously put that out??

Comment

Working...
                  X