No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Gardner-Webb (North Carolina) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked to see if I could find any reporting from the Gardner-Webb perspective regarding the WSU game but the only thing I found was this write up from the Gardner-Webb athletic site. No quotes from their coaches or players.

Comment

• In addition I love some J. Burton interview and qoutes. "I am not going to be complacent on my 3 point shooting since I had a good game. I am going to keep working. " And man that interview after the game when he answered Dave Dahl''s question on mid range shooting was priceless. His answer was I was watching K. Leonard in the playoffs last year and said if I could get a midrange shot like that I would be set. Lol Keep grinding young man. Hard work pays off and bet on yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

I kind of prefer the kick it back out. Interior rebounds like that lend themselves to lots of flailing about by offenise and defensive players, and rarely is a foul called. SO unless you're skilled at putting it in the basket....funny how where we were sitting I heard "kick it back out quickly" and it turned out OK, except once where he traveled I think. Know your strengths. Play to them.
        I can see where you're coming from. I was just expecting too much from AM. I figured by his 3rd year here, he would be more inclined to put the ball back in the hoop. I thought he did that more last year against better competition.

Then again, last year, if he threw it back out, who was it that could shoot it and make it consistently. So I could see him, maybe, putting it back up more last year than this year where we have multiple players who can make the outside shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Looked to see if I could find any reporting from the Gardner-Webb perspective regarding the WSU game but the only thing I found was this write up from the Gardner-Webb athletic site. No quotes from their coaches or players.

https://gwusports.com/news/2019/11/1...e-tuesday.aspx
          Their local newspaper didn't have anything. The only thing I found was this article that was posted the Monday before the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Taylor Eldridge‏ @tayloreldridge 1h1 hour ago

More
            Here is possessions played % breakdown for WSU position by position last night vs. Gardner-Webb:
            PG: Sherfield 47%, Fernandes 25%, Burton 21%
            SG: Stevenson 58%, Etienne 36%
            SF: Dennis 47%, Burton 44%
            PF: Wade 64%, Gordon 22%, Dennis 14%
            C: Udeze 58%, Midtgaard 29%, IPBC 13%
            The best I can determine, JB played the PG only 2 times. I based this on when JB was in the lineup, but neither NF or GS were. I came up with 8:53 minutes or 21.3% of the time.

During those 2 stints, the points scored were WSU 19, GW 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by chitown_shocker View Post

I've been calling him "EZ Money" - which is ironic in that he works that block, but also not ironic because his layups are straight cash. and "MO-tar" (like the Geico Ad) because of said motor possess by Mo.

Fun game.
              E-Z Udeze
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
                Also I see the Big Midt gets missed when he's open more than anybody I've ever seen since... Well not sure.
                this^^^. There was a collective frown when Dexter missed AM open in the first half. AM still requires on-time and on-target passes to be efficient.

Comment

• Which one was the Delivery of the Game. Erik to Mo #1. Jamarius to Poor Bear, Erik to Mo #2 or Grant to Wade.

My opinion:

Tie: Erik to Mo #1 and Grant to Wade followed by Erik to Mo #2 and Jamarius to Poor Bear. Loved all 4 of them.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 21, 2019, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• How about Uzi Udeze?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
                        No gun violence please!

I’m honestly not sure if either of those are California compliant.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

this^^^. There was a collective frown when Dexter missed AM open in the first half. AM still requires on-time and on-target passes to be efficient.
                          I think part of that is that he is quick to return to screening. Sometimes I think he needs to hold his post up just a little bit longer. I have a lot of faith this group of guards will get better and better at feeding all our post guys.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Which one was the Delivery of the Game. Eric to Mo #1. Jamarius to Poor Bear, Eric to Mo #2 or Grant to Wade.

My opinion:

Tie: Eric to Mo #1 and Grant to Wade followed by Eric to Mo #2 and Jamarius to Poor Bear. Loved all 4 of them.
                            Who is Eric?
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Who is Eric?
                              Pretty good basketball player from the same school as Rob Barker and Fred VanFleet

"It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Who is Eric?
                                My bad. Spelling correction made. My apologies to Erik.

Comment

Working...
                                X