Wichita State vs. Gardner-Webb (North Carolina) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
    Was actually thinking he reminded me of Hall while watching the game. Mo needs a good nickname.
    Mo Mentum? Or maybe just "Mo" for short?
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I like Big MO.
      How about "Little Big Mo". He is the smallest of our 4 post players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
        Not sure if it was noted...but my favorite part of the game was when Herrs made that floater in the paint and the bench went crazy for him, jumping up and down and cheering. That's great to see.
        It was an interesting game from a fan perspective. There wasn't much energy in the building at tip-off and throughout the game... there was never any doubt about the outcome. Eric jumping over the tables and Dexter immediately jumping after him was a 'feel good' moment and you could see the love between teammates. Herrs' "floater" (I've had a few "floaters" in my day) did the same. The guy sitting next to me had never heard of Gardner-Webb; he thought it was a chiropractic school and that might be part of the reason for the lack of excitement. GW played solid defense from the get-go, but it was obvious they were outmanned in talent, size and depth (wow, we are deep); there just wasn't much to energize the crowd. I enjoyed the game with my wine and cheese.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• It is fun to watch this team play D. There are a lot of ultra-quick players on the roster. The recoveries off screens, switches, ball reversals are intricately choreographed and work best with a bunch of quick-footed and quick-reacting players. We've had a few players in recent years who may not have been ideal defenders in Marshall's system because they lacked the quickness, speed, and reflexes to recover on D.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
            Also I see the Big Midt gets missed when he's open more than anybody I've ever seen since... Well not sure.
            Stutz got missed a lot. My guess is that the guards have half a second to decide to pass it inside and that Midt, like Stutz, can’t always handle the bullet pass while keeping their man screened off.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

How about "Little Big Mo". He is the smallest of our 4 post players.
              But he plays the biggest. He plays best when there is heavy post contact.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• I DO think they miss AM a lot in the post, or just don't trust him to catch it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Mo Mentum? Or maybe just "Mo" for short?
                  I've been calling him "EZ Money" - which is ironic in that he works that block, but also not ironic because his layups are straight cash. and "MO-tar" (like the Geico Ad) because of said motor possess by Mo.

Fun game.

Comment

• Originally posted by chitown_shocker View Post

I've been calling him "EZ Money" - which is ironic in that he works that block, but also not ironic because his layups are straight cash. and "MO-tar" (like the Geico Ad) because of said motor possess by Mo.

Fun game.
                    I thought the Geico guy was Mo-TORE!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I thought the Geico guy was Mo-TORE!
                      It appears Geico spells it Motaur - which DOES make sense in that context. Ergo, we should both feel free to adapt to our preferences :)

Comment

• I really don't care what anyone calls him as long as he keeps answering the bell. Looking forward to what kind of one-two punch he and Jaime will bring to bear.

Where would Mo be if he had been able to work on his game through the summer instead of rehabbing his shoulder. Jamariius, Noah and now Jaime have all missed significant training and practice time as well. Will be interesting to see where this team is in a month if everyone can stay healthy.

Will see how Mo's game holds up against bigger, tougher competition. If he can stay close to his recent level of play I'm partial to the Mominator as a nickname. But usually nicknames develop organically so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

It was an interesting game from a fan perspective. There wasn't much energy in the building at tip-off and throughout the game... there was never any doubt about the outcome. Eric jumping over the tables and Dexter immediately jumping after him was a 'feel good' moment and you could see the love between teammates. Herrs' "floater" (I've had a few "floaters" in my day) did the same. The guy sitting next to me had never heard of Gardner-Webb; he thought it was a chiropractic school and that might be part of the reason for the lack of excitement. GW played solid defense from the get-go, but it was obvious they were outmanned in talent, size and depth (wow, we are deep); there just wasn't much to energize the crowd. I enjoyed the game with my wine and cheese.

I do love seeing the teammate chemistry. I was hard on them the first half of last year because I thought they showed a complete lack of concern/love for their "brothers" at times. So I'm excited that the bonds are being built.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            It is fun to watch this team play D. There are a lot of ultra-quick players on the roster. The recoveries off screens, switches, ball reversals are intricately choreographed and work best with a bunch of quick-footed and quick-reacting players. We've had a few players in recent years who may not have been ideal defenders in Marshall's system because they lacked the quickness, speed, and reflexes to recover on D.
                            Fernandes is fun to watch on D. He really puts full effort in and has the speed to make problems for people. Right now he probably OVER plays a bit, but that will come with time.

Comment

• Can we all agree that we are probably a lot better THIS YEAR, than we thought we were going to be? I mean I don't think anybody on here thought we were going to be bad, that's not what I am saying. What I am saying is, when the lights go off at the end of the season, I think we are going to have a "wow" moment. This team is going to be REALLY dangerous by season end.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge‏ @tayloreldridge 1h1 hour ago

More
                                Here is possessions played % breakdown for WSU position by position last night vs. Gardner-Webb:
                                PG: Sherfield 47%, Fernandes 25%, Burton 21%
                                SG: Stevenson 58%, Etienne 36%
                                SF: Dennis 47%, Burton 44%
                                PF: Wade 64%, Gordon 22%, Dennis 14%
                                C: Udeze 58%, Midtgaard 29%, IPBC 13%

Comment

Working...
                                X