No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Gardner-Webb (North Carolina) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could have won by a lot more but you can tell 3G is still tinkering with different combinations and playing some guys more than he should. We could have played 8-9 guys tonight and really ran up the score, I think.

Comment

The ceiling for this team is insanely high.

The floor is higher than I thought.

Curious to see how the bench shortens against tougher competition, but I don't think we've been this deep since 2012. I see a lot of guys bringing some great things to the table.

The deflections, defense, effort, togetherness.... With Marshall, I see greatness.

Comment

2pt baskets:
        Morris Udeze 6
        Gardner Webb 5

Comment

I would like to hear GW coaches comments. They have played a pretty nice schedule and it would be nice to hear on some comparisons to other teams the have payed.

Comment

Fun game. All game long I thought if we could keep them under 50, coach would be brimming with pride. Late bench gave up 3 straight open 3 balls. That upped their pct quite a bit.

Defense both individually and as a team was outstanding at times.

The pass from Sherfield to Wade was OFF THE CHARTS. That late shot clock play by Eric to find MU was selfless and a pleasure to watch. All in all this is a superior passing/ shooting/ ball handling/ defensive team over last season. If they continue to play together and unselfishly, and PLAY HARD every possession it could be a fun ride. Just win and advance.

Comment

I find going to games this year are so much more enjoyable than last year. Seeing the whole team playing together, actually sharing the ball, and its only going to get better.

Comment

Shot out to a quick lead with lots of passing, interior presence, etc. and then kinda got bored coasted the rest of the way. This team does have some serious potential.

Marshall definitely calling out "hero ball" a lot. That hopefully will fix itself out.

I know a few on here had some Tate Busse mancrushes. Not seeing it at all.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  GW shooting 53% from 3.

Trailing by 23.

I'm going to bore many on this fine forum throughout the year, but I really, really like the way this team plays.

Together, hustle, effort, passion. This is a really fun team to watch and support.
                  The first few game of a season teams, and players are just getting their legs under them so individual games don't mean much. This team is going to be special and if it stays together the next couple of years, we could be talking Villanova special.

Comment

Nice win for our beloved Shocks. Never fear, Burton and Mo are here and they are here to play bully ball. My favorite play was ES diving over the table and the assist by DD to go the same route to get him and make sure he was okay. I love watching our Frosh guards play. Wade is a Keeper for sure. Burton is shooting lights out compared to last Season. He always D's it up and when he is playing the 2 or 3, he gets us even more rebounds. Our foe tonight Danced last year with 3 returning starters back. Their best player was only 1 for 10 tonight and our D. played a part in that.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• How hard is it for Midtgaard to take the ball back up when he gets an offensive rebound? I saw at least two instances where he should have shot it, but instead threw the ball back outside.

Comment

• Solid game on both ends. Defense is solid and offense getting better and better. Guess I have to defend AM again for the guy
                        that asked what he does well. GM says he is the best screener on the team. I realize some who haven't played the game probably
                        don't realize the importance of effective screens. Just like last season he has started slowly on offense but last season he was
                        just a few shot attempts short of leading the country in FG % and tonight he tied for high team rebounds with five in only 12
                        minutes. He also played solid defense so there you go. Kudos to the entire team though. We have 10-11 guys who play
                        defense and JE is pretty good, as well. Still sticking to the 24 W's I predicted at the start. There were only a few of us that picked
                        that many.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          How hard is it for Midtgaard to take the ball back up when he gets an offensive rebound? I saw at least two instances where he should have shot it, but instead threw the ball back outside.
                          How frequently is Mitdgaard in the top 3 offensive options on the court? If he can get an offensive rebound and safely get it back out for another possession, I say job well done, big man!

Comment

• Love the effort! We are deep and unselfish. Gonna be a fun season with all the home games this year.

Comment

• Asbjorn is what he is but you can't question his heart and desire to do the best he can. His five rebounds in 12 minutes of play tied Trey for team high honors although Trey played 24 minutes. Asbjorn led the Shocks in offensive rebounds with 3. He gives the Shocks what he has to give as best he can. Fortunately, we don't need him to be a game changer but he can and does fill a role although that role may necessarily diminish when Jaime returns but we very well may need him next year to fill in a little more when the need arises.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 20, 2019, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Mitdgaard will help us win games we wouldn't have won without him this season. Book it. There are a lot of pieces to winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X