Wichita State vs. Gardner-Webb (North Carolina) Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Now you know. I identify as an Evangelical and that is a disrespectful term.
    I’m Baptist and can think of no better explanation of the sermons I attend than bible thumping.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Maybe fire and brimstone? It’s the word of God! Appeal to authority is a pre-requisite.
      Livin the dream

Comment

In classic Shockernet fashion, this thread has jumped the tracks. At least there is still some game discussion amongst the sociological discourse.

Go Shocks!
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Oh, for the record, I am an Episcopalian so I need gays, cocktails, and Ivy League educated women priests within my congregation. But at the end of the day I just want to love my neighbor Evangelical, heathen, or none of the above.

Go Shocks!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Shocks by 20+
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Here are some stats about us so far:

46.4 eFG% - 119th
              44.9 eFG%D - 87th

11 TOR - 2nd
              23.4 TORD - 60th

35.4 ORB - 53rd
              20.5 DRB - 25th

29.8 2P% - 325th
              38.7 3P% - 52nd

70.6 Adj. T - 177

We are great at ball control, rebounding, and defense. If we can shoot the ball, we are a Top 25 team. How are we so bad at 2 pointers? JE being out is really hurting us, I guess.

If we win by 15+ against Webb and ORU, beat South Carolina and WVU/UNI, I am putting us in the Top 25 in my User Poll on Reddit. I'm an official voter btw.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                http://barttorvik.com/trank.php#Wichita_St_
                How are we so bad at 2 pointers? J
                We shoot a lot of 3 pointers and miss way too many bunnies. JE will certainly help curb this stat. I also think the emergence of Udeze is going to help.

Comment

They only lost by 16 points at North Carolina. So this will be our toughest game so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                    They only lost by 16 points at North Carolina. So this will be our toughest game so far.
                    Nebraska-Omaha is underrated around here I guess.

Comment

It will be difficult for GW to play us tougher than Texas Southern did, but they have the talent and experience to do it.

And by the way, as a Presbyterian I was SO offended by the bible thumper reference that I thought I'd share some Presbyterian jokes:

A Presbyterian is a Baptist who likes to drink but doesn't have enough money to be Episcopalian.

Three ministers - a Presbyterian, a Methodist, and a Baptist - and their wives were on a cruise. A tidal wave came up and swamped the ship; they all drowned, and before long, they were standing before St. Peter. First came the Baptist and his wife. St. Peter shook his head sadly. "I can't let you in. You loved money too much. You loved it so much, you even married a woman named Penny." Then came the Methodist. "Sorry, can't let you in, either. You loved food too much. You loved to eat so much, you even married a woman named Candy!" The Presbyterian turned to his wife and whispered nervously, "This doesn't look good, Fanny."

The nice thing about Presbyterians is that when you put 4 in a room together you'll always get at least 6 opinions.

How many Presbyterians does it take to change a lightbulb?
                      • One to change it.
                      • Another to reprimand the first for changing on the theological grounds that lightbulbs are predestined to go on and off and humans should not interfere with providence.
                      • A third to bring the issue to the session.
                      • The session to divide and bring it to presbytery.
                      • A committee at presbytery to also divide and bring the issue before general assembly.
                      • A committee and two subcommittees at general assembly to draft a report, do a study, and come up with a position.
                      • General assembly then votes and passes the resolution.
                      • Before the change can be implemented, the disgruntled minority then votes to leave and form the Presbyterian Church of Non-Lightbulb-Changing.
                      • A professor to write a scathing indictment against the politics of the presbytery, inspiring every armchair theologian to flood popular blogs with responses.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Why is it that Pin no longer advises us bitches that it's game day????

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Why is it that Pin no longer advises us bitches that it's game day????
                          Because it’s offensive

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Because it’s offensive
                            To female dogs or those that identify as female dogs?

Comment

NM
                              Last edited by Aargh; November 19, 2019, 04:35 PM.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Game Day.jpg
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X