Wichita State vs. Gardner-Webb (North Carolina) Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’ve never taken offense to the term “bible thumper” and had no idea anyone else would.
    Completely agreed...but it's the world we live in today...

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Now you know. I identify as an Evangelical and that is a disrespectful term.
      OK boomer

Comment

I identify as a Mennonite, and I was not offended.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          Ditto and ditto

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            First time I read this I thought it said meteorite...

Comment

We may have set a SN record for taking a thread off topic.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Ditto and ditto
                Q: What's an Amish woman's favorite fantasy?

A: Two Mennonite.

Last edited by Kung Wu; November 18, 2019, 05:03 PM.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Gosh! I hope I don't start needing to know everyone's "pronoun" here.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Q: What's an Amish woman's favorite fantasy?

A: Two Mennonite.
                    FIFY

Comment

Not sure if this goes on this thread or not but I'll post it here anyway.

Quotables: Pre-Gardner-Webb

Wichita State head coach Gregg Marshall addressed the media ahead of Tuesday's matchup with Gardner-Webb. Marshall talked about new signee JaDun Michael, Jamarius Burton's improved shooting touch and the dangers of underestimated the 0-3 Runnin' Bulldogs.

… Gardner-Webb:
                      "Don't let 0-3 fool you. Watching them play, they're very talented. They're very well-coached. They won a couple of big games on the road last year. They won the Big South Conference tournament and beat the 1, 2 and 3 seeds to do it. They led Virginia at halftime in the first round last year. I know there's nothing less important than the score at halftime, but if you're Gardner-Webb out of the Big South, that's a pretty good accomplishment, especially when you're a 16-seed against Virginia who went on to win the whole thing. Now, Gardner-Webb has played one of the toughest schedules in the country. They played a very good Furman team. Then they go to Western Carolina, and this looks like the best Western Carolina team I've seen in a while, and I've known them for a while. Then they go to North Carolina. They're 0-3, but they've played a tough schedule and have a preseason player of the year and multiple all-conference guys. This could be (one of?) the best teams that have come in here."
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 18, 2019, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Not sure if this goes on this thread or not but I'll post it here anyway.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shockers Ready for Runnin' Bulldogs

SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS:
                          • Gardner-Webb (located in Boiling Springs, N.C.) made its first ever NCAA tournament appearance last spring after upsetting regular season champion Radford in the Big South tournament final. Seeded 16th, the Runnin' Bulldogs held a 14-point first-half lead over eventual national champion Virginia before falling 71-56.
                          • All-conference guard and leading scorer David Efianyi and BSC Tournament MVP DJ Laster both graduated, but the Bulldogs otherwise return three starters and five of their top-seven scorers.
                          • Gardner-Webb is picked second in the Big South Conference. The Bulldogs earned more first-place votes than preseason favorite Radford (14 to 13), but lost in overall points (299-295). Gregg Marshall's former team, Winthrop, is picked third.
                          • The Bulldogs (0-3) opened with a 70-63 home loss against Furman (WSU's 2019 NIT first round opponent) then dropped road games at Western Kentucky (71-59) and No. 6 North Carolina (77-61).
                          • GWU plays four of its first five games this year against KenPom top-100 opponents. In addition to Furman, UNC and WSU, the Bulldogs also have a Friday date at South Carolina (WSU's Cancun semifinal opponent).
                          • 6-foot-5 sophomore guard Jose Perez leads the team in points (14.7), assists (3.3) and minutes (35.3). He was named first team preseason all-conference after landing on the Big South's All-Freshman Team last spring. Perez scored 19 points against Virginia in last year's NCAA tournament.
                          • 6-3 junior wing Nate Johnson -- a second team preseason all-conference pick – averages 8.0 points in 32.3 minutes. He has a team-high eight steals.
                          • Ludovic Dufeal is the team's leading rbounder (6.0) and shot-blocker (6).
                          MATCHUP MASHUP:
                          • GWU's Kareem Reid and WSU's Tyson Etienne played together last year at Putnam Science Academy in Connecticut. Both players were rated as four-star prospects. The team went 38-2 with a No. 2 national ranking and reached the semifinals of the National Prep Championship.
                          • G-W joined the Big South in 2008-09 – two years after Gregg Marshall left Winthrop from WSU. Marshall faced the Bulldogs three times in non-conference games, winning twice.
                          • GWU won the 2019 Big South Tournament. Marshall did it seven times in his nine seasons at Winthrop.

Comment

https://www.vegasiVegasnsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/gardner-webb-@-wichita-state.cfm/date/11-19-19

Vegas is taking the Shocks by 15.0 points.

Comment

Comment

I am a devout Christian and I take no offense to the term.

Comment

Working...
                                X