• Show
Clear All

• Wichita State vs. Gardner-Webb (North Carolina) Pre-Game Discussion

Description: WICHITA STATE MEN'S BASKETBALL VS. GARDNER-WEBB
    When: NOV 19 (TUE) 7:00 P.M.
    Where: WICHITA, KAN., CHARLES KOCH ARENA
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM https://keyn.radio.com/
    TV: YURVIEW KS https://www.yurview.com

The Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs (0-3, 0-0 Big South) were picked to finish second in the 2019-2020 Big South Conference Men's Basketball preseason poll. The Runnin' Bulldogs, coming off a 23-12 season and, its first Big South title and NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament appearance, collected 14 first-place votes – more than any other team – but were four total points behind preseason favorite Radford (299 points, 13 first-place votes). Gardner-Webb returns 10 letter winners and has six men returning with starting experience from last season's squad – including preseason All-Big South selections Jose Perez and Nate Johnson.

Odd Makers
    Vegas: WSU by 15.0
    DRatings: To Be Added
    ESPN: WSU 82% by 19.0
    INCCSTATS: WSU 90% by 14.0
    KenPom: To Be Added
    Massey: WSU 88% by 14.0
    Nolan: WSU 93% by 16.0
    Sagarin: WSU by 16.6
    Torvik: Winner WSU 93% by 15.1
    Wilson: Winner WSU 91% by 20.0
    Shocks Win by 10+
    86.67%
    Shocks Win by 5+
    10.00%
    Shocks Win by 1+
    0%
    Toss Up - Could Go Either Way
    3.33%
    Shocks Lose by 1+
    0%
    Shocks Lose by 5+
    0%
    Shocks Lose by 10+
    0%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; November 18, 2019, 05:25 PM.

ESPN Power Index: WSU 82.3%

GWebb only averaging 61PPG. Losses to UNC, Furman, Western Carolina - all pretty good teams. Share the ball, play defense, rebound = 4-0 start. Nothing new here.
    Last edited by Shocker85; November 17, 2019, 09:05 AM.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Let's be realistic. The first three games are not games by which the team or individual players should be
      measured. Gardner will be our toughest opponent so far. Don't expect our centers to standout again.
      Good shots will be tougher to come by. Just my opinion but I think JB should start as he, ES and DD
      already have an established chemistry. It will be interesting to see who stands out against a good
      defensive team and a better rebounding team. I'll stick with the Shocks but in a close one 58-53

Comment

Shox by 14

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          Let's be realistic.
          It will be interesting to see who stands out against a good
          defensive team and a better rebounding team. I'll stick with the Shocks but in a close one 58-53
          Really? This Shocker team held in the 50s in a buy game?

LOL.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I didn't miss the score of the last game by much ( 94-64 ) - didn't factor in TE going off. Buy in? Thought it was part of Cancun deal.
            I thought last game would be high scoring but not this one. Maybe 60's though

Comment

GW looks like they are a bit young and thin at the post. More experienced and deeper at guard. Guard play is probably our strength this season. They will defend MUCH better than TnMartin, but maybe not have the inside track on our sets a la TxSo. Don't care who starts, don't care who plays point, but I'm picking the Shocks against the Gardner Webb. I'm looking at it from a color perspective...SHocker colors are black and yellow (Batman) and Gardner Webb is red and black (I'm thinking Webs, thinking Spiderman). Batman beats Spidey by at least 10 points. Nowhere near the offensive game we had against Tn Martn, and nowhere near the "offensive" offensive game we had against Tx So. See how I did that.

Batman 73, Webheads 57.

Comment

The Bible Thumpers (A.D. 2019) = 63
                The Gladiators = 91

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  The Bible Thumpers (A.D. 2019) = 63
                  The Gladiators = 91

Go Shockers!!!

I don't mean to be overly sensitive here, and I don't know you personally or your true beliefs and feelings, but your "Bible Thumper tag" to the Gardner -Webb fan base, tends to be known as a "religious insult" and may have unknowingly resulted in insulting a significant portion of our Shocker Nation. Maybe G-W followers are and maybe they aren't but I would certainly not want to insult another Shocker fan, unnecessarily.

Just my thoughts, and I thought instead of letting my thoughts fester inside, I'd let you know.

Comment

Gardners - 67
                    Wheat Harvesters - 82

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don't mean to be overly sensitive here, and I don't know you personally or your true beliefs and feelings, but your "Bible Thumper tag" to the Gardner -Webb fan base, tends to be known as a "religious insult" and may have unknowingly resulted in insulting a significant portion of our Shocker Nation. Maybe G-W followers are and maybe they aren't but I would certainly not want to insult another Shocker fan, unnecessarily.

Just my thoughts, and I thought instead of letting my thoughts fester inside, I'd let you know.
                      I’ve never taken offense to the term “bible thumper” and had no idea anyone else would.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Gardener-Webb is a religion affiliated college?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Gardener-Webb is a religion affiliated college?
                            Gardner-Webb is a private Baptist university. Total enrollment of 3,800. Located in Boiling Springs, North Carolina.

https://gardner-webb.edu/about/locat...ual-tour/index

Looks like a very nice campus.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 18, 2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’ve never taken offense to the term “bible thumper” and had no idea anyone else would.
                              Now you know. I identify as an Evangelical and that is a disrespectful term.

Comment

Working...
                              X