Wichita State vs. UT-Martin (Tennessee) Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    ShockerFever abdullah_sharif , others.... Have you guys been to a game this season? Serious question. I may not agree with a lot of your conclusions, and it usually doesn't bother me as it's not why I'm there, but I agree the game production hasn't been great in the past.

I do feel that some very positive changes have been made this season. Timeout entertainment has been a lot more "crank the noise sponsored by..." and a lot less "plinko." And they did reduce concession prices. Maybe not a ton, but they did go in the correct direction.
    I had Qdoba Saturday while at the game. First time having it there ... was pleasantly surprised it was only a couple bucks more that getting a bowl actually in Qdoba.

Comment

Several major improvements have been made in game production... a much more enjoyable fan experience. I couldn't attend Saturdays game, but the student section has stepped up their game. "Ray. People will come, Ray."
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Behind the gameday music: Basketball DJ leads fans in celebration and song - The Sunflower

Audrey Korte, Reporter
        November 15, 2019

Wichita State has the best men’s basketball arena atmosphere in the American Athletic Conference, according to a 2018 survey of veteran coaches around the AAC. The crowds at Koch Arena are notoriously raucous. Last year, WSU invested in a new deejay, DJ Bearfoot, who purposefully avoids the same tired beats heard on shuffle and repeat...

"Wichita State has the best men’s basketball arena atmosphere in the American Athletic Conference, according to a 2018 survey of veteran coaches around the AAC. The crowds at Koch Arena are notoriously raucous. Last year, WSU invested in a new deejay, DJ Bearfoot, who purposefully avoids the same tired beats heard on shuffle and repeat at American sporting events...."

Has this made a difference?

Comment

I noticed early in the first half when we were rolling and UT Martin had to call a timeout, the crowd stood and got loud and the band was allowed to play and no promo was done. Promos seemed limited to the four official timeouts and a couple promos were just throwing out shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post

I'm not so sure there were two fonts being used. I think the left part of the first "1" was being pushed off the left screen and the last "1" was skinnier because a small part of the right side was pushed off the right. Definitely needed a smaller font once 100 was reached. IMG_20191118_082418.jpg
            There is no cutout near the top of the "I" on the left but there is on the "1" on the right. Different font
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

There is no cutout near the top of the "I" on the left but there is on the "1" on the right. Different font
              I think what he is saying is the left side of the 1 on the left and the right side of the 1 on the right are cutoff due to the size of the font and space available on the screen. The cutout on the 1 on the left might be there but you can't see it. The 1 on the right is definitely a "thinner" font that the other numbers so this theory makes some sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

At 103, the right side of it got sliced off as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

At 103, the right side of it got sliced off as well.
                  Perhaps a good example of having to think outside the box.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    Behind the gameday music: Basketball DJ leads fans in celebration and song - The Sunflower

Audrey Korte, Reporter
                    November 15, 2019

Wichita State has the best men’s basketball arena atmosphere in the American Athletic Conference, according to a 2018 survey of veteran coaches around the AAC. The crowds at Koch Arena are notoriously raucous. Last year, WSU invested in a new deejay, DJ Bearfoot, who purposefully avoids the same tired beats heard on shuffle and repeat...

"Wichita State has the best men’s basketball arena atmosphere in the American Athletic Conference, according to a 2018 survey of veteran coaches around the AAC. The crowds at Koch Arena are notoriously raucous. Last year, WSU invested in a new deejay, DJ Bearfoot, who purposefully avoids the same tired beats heard on shuffle and repeat at American sporting events...."

Has this made a difference?
                    Thanks for posting the article... I knew something had changed. Let the DJ do his thing. Even Penny loved it. People, pass the word, it's time to fill the Chuck again.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

i did make the game saturday and had a good time. for a full price ticket, it wouldn’t have met my expectations, but for what i paid i felt like i received good value.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Thanks for posting the article... I knew something had changed. Let the DJ do his thing. Even Penny loved it. People, pass the word, it's time to fill the Chuck again.
                        i wish they would give the dj the floor during all time outs when the band isn’t available. pimp him out for sponsorship opportunities please.

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post

i wish they would give the dj the floor during all time outs when the band isn’t available. pimp him out for sponsorship opportunities please.
                          You mean less Don Hall?

The horror!
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Perhaps a good example of having to think outside the box.
                            Or making sure that the in-house person dealing with the scoreboard/manufacturer has more confidence in the men's basketball program.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You mean less Don Hall?

The horror!
                              how about no don hall... wasn't there a fill in last year that was much more upbeat? more of that please.

Comment

For those SNers that get worked up about in game production at Wichita State, have you ever considered pet therapy? I have a miniature horse for pet therapy and it is so beneficial. When I get stressed out or anxious about something I retreat to a quiet place and spend time with my therapy pet. My mom says she can see a big difference in my behavior after pet therapy. Studies have shown that pet therapy can lower blood pressure, improves cardiac health, releases endorphins that have a calming effect, reduces physical pain, and can even reduce the need for medication. Something that some posters may want to consider.

Best regards to everyone,
                                Napoleon Dynamite

"Yes....Yes......Yes"

Comment

Working...
                                X