No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. UT-Martin (Tennessee) Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't vote until this AM. Shox may not score a lot (again), but the W is the most important thing. Win the games you're supposed to win. Nobody wants to be evansvilled (I think that's actually a verb now, if not, maybe someone could add it to the urban dictionary).

I was kind of hoping to hear if Jamarius might play before I picked. If he plays we pick up a few more offensive rebounds and score 70+. If he doesn't, we still might score 70-ish. The good news, the other guys only score 60. Like the NCAA Tourney, just win anyhoo possible, and get ready for the next one. (and I miss the Go Shox smiley)

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      I have had tickets since the 80's and I have gone to every game except what you can count on with one hand. I go because
      1. To support my college team
      2. To support my college
      3. The atmosphere
      4. To see people wander about young and old alike.
      5. To see old friends
      I don't go to be entertained or feel like I am being short changed by my "game experience". I suppose if I wanted to be entertained during the game and expect a great product I would have dropped my tickets during the Cohen era and just gone to Jezebels to be entertained. I hear HCGM constantly tell talk show heads one of the reasons he has chosen to stay is he plays in front of SOLD out games and rabid fans. I will continue to put my butt in the seat and do my small part to continue that feeling. I really don't care why people drop their tickets because there are many and each one different for one reason or another. If its more convenient to not go to the game for them then that's fine I hope they continue to watch on TV and can fine entertainment in the quiet confines of their living rooms..
      You do your thing, other people will do theres. Like you said.

It's also a reasonable expectation not to feel like you're being taken advantage of. The annual ticket increases along with the annual concession increases combined with a flat-lined in-game production doesn't equate well to a lot of people unless you're bleeding money and don't care. I love the in-game atmosphere, I love the product on the floor, I love the coaches, the players, etc. But when you feel like you get taken advantage of your fanhood, that rubs people the wrong way. I IMMENSELY miss going to games but it finally outpriced my budget and the constant mid-major type production just didn't do it for me. I almost felt embarrassed watching how things went on with a Top 10 team on the floor.

WSU needs to do their part too (not the team). It's not a one-way street and to anyone thinking that it should be again either bleeds money or doesn't really have a value to their time.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

PSA:

Description: WICHITA STATE MEN'S BASKETBALL VS. UT-MARTIN (TENNESSEE)
        When: NOV 16 (SAT) 2:00 P.M.
        Where: WICHITA, KAN., CHARLES KOCH ARENA
        Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM https://keyn.radio.com/
        TV: YURVIEW KS https://www.yurview.com

“Yes… yes… yes!”

Comment

I have had tickets since the 80's and I have gone to every game except what you can count on with one hand. I go because
          1. To support my college team
          2. To support my college
          3. The atmosphere
          4. To see people wander about young and old alike.
          5. To see old friends
          I don't go to be entertained or feel like I am being short changed by my "game experience". I suppose if I wanted to be entertained during the game and expect a great product I would have dropped my tickets during the Cohen era and just gone to Jezebels to be entertained. I hear HCGM constantly tell talk show heads one of the reasons he has chosen to stay is he plays in front of SOLD out games and rabid fans. I will continue to put my butt in the seat and do my small part to continue that feeling. I really don't care why people drop their tickets because there are many and each one different for one reason or another. If its more convenient to not go to the game for them then that's fine I hope they continue to watch on TV and can fine entertainment in the quiet confines of their living rooms..
          there are not 10,000 like you, nor probably not 5,000 like you

Comment

I'll take one pogo versus 5,000 or even 10,000 Mary Johnson 's.

Comment

Burton warming up and Taylor thinks he is going to play.

Comment

Mike says Dex hurt (hip) and may not play.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  Mike says Dex hurt (hip) and may not play.
                  WTF

Comment

Say it ain’t so...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post

WTF
                      Hurt his hip in practice so we might be down our two best players.

Comment

He looks okay warming up

Comment

Also, Erik lost his grandfather on Monday from a heart attack. They were very close so it's been a very tough week for him. Mike says there will be something announced to the crowd before the game in tribute to him.

Comment

Looks like Dex is starting.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

there are not 10,000 like you, nor probably not 5,000 like you
                              I guarantee there are 5,000 of us like me. Just check ticket sales during the Cohen era.

Comment

I guarantee there are 5,000 of us like me. Just check ticket sales during the Cohen era.
                                that was then

Comment

Working...
                                X