Wichita State vs. UT-Martin (Tennessee) Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I hope for Noah is was just lack of court time, because I was surprised at his lack of quickness. He definitely bared no resemblance to Mo Cheeks as I had hoped that he would/might.
    He just came off of 2 months in a boot. There's going to be some muscle atrophy and it's going to take some time to get those muscles working efficiently again.

Coming off of the injury he had reminds me of the story about a dancing bear in a circus. Don't be surprised that the bear dances poorly. Be surprised that the bear dances at all. In Fernandez' situation, don't be surprised that he's not as quick as you thought, be happy that he's back on the court.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Shox by a lot.
      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Taylor Eldridge: What’s wrong with WSU’s offense? Here’s what film shows is slowing the Shockers down

Another excellent job of film study and analysis by Taylor.

Comment

Once again get the centers some touches. We need to work on entry passing and they need to work on posting strong
          and attacking the basket. Don't want to see fade aways. Also, we need crisp ball movement in and out and around.
          Want to see at least 15-20 assists. Do those things and the shooting % will be MUCH better. Would like to see Wade play
          closer to the basket. Shocks 94-64

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I hope for Noah is was just lack of court time, because I was surprised at his lack of quickness. He definitely bared no resemblance to Mo Cheeks as I had hoped that he would/might.
            Mo Cheeks . . . seems like an open door for WstateU to walk through.

Comment

Tons of extra cheap tickets on the secondary market.

Comment

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college.../date/11-16-19

Vegas has the Shockers opening up as 16.5 favorites.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; November 15, 2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Tons of extra cheap tickets on the secondary market.
                  I'm not sure what is going on in Wichita... I didn't see that many tickets available even last year when we truly expected the team to struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Mo Cheeks . . . seems like an open door for WstateU to walk through.
                    Hahahahahaha

Comment

Looking for 4 tickets, pm me if anyone has any
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post

I'm not sure what is going on in Wichita... I didn't see that many tickets available even last year when we truly expected the team to struggle.
                        Home or not, 2pm is not a good start time for (1) a Saturday game (2) toward the end of college football season (3) against a "buy" caliber opponent (4) with the Shockers nursing key injuries.

About the only thing you could add to make it a perfect storm of attendance depressors would be a literal storm, like 25-30 degrees with ice or blowing snow. As it is, even the pleasant forecast might encourage some people to be doing things outside instead of going to a game like this one.

Comment

The reality is that the profile of season ticket holders has changed significantly due to the pricing changes over the past 10 years.

I'm not saying it's wrong, but it is what it is. They gotta pay the bills. But you get a lot more people in it to be seen and a lot fewer people that live and die with wins and losses and who spent their entertainment budget and won't miss if they can help it. Add in the continually improving TV availability, and this is what happens. The arena will still rock a lot of times.

Comment

got free tixx to the game tomorrow from a friend that didn’t want to go. seeing the collapsing secondary market, he said that this will be his last year committing to the whole season. he’s one of the “older white men” in the arena.. commented that for what he’s paying that he expects to see not only a good product on the floor, but to be entertained for two hours. said that he can get the basketball at home for no additional cost on tv.. comes to the arena for the atmosphere. he’s a season ticket holder since 88

Comment

I have had tickets since the 80's and I have gone to every game except what you can count on with one hand. I go because
                              1. To support my college team
                              2. To support my college
                              3. The atmosphere
                              4. To see people wander about young and old alike.
                              5. To see old friends
                              I don't go to be entertained or feel like I am being short changed by my "game experience". I suppose if I wanted to be entertained during the game and expect a great product I would have dropped my tickets during the Cohen era and just gone to Jezebels to be entertained. I hear HCGM constantly tell talk show heads one of the reasons he has chosen to stay is he plays in front of SOLD out games and rabid fans. I will continue to put my butt in the seat and do my small part to continue that feeling. I really don't care why people drop their tickets because there are many and each one different for one reason or another. If its more convenient to not go to the game for them then that's fine I hope they continue to watch on TV and can find entertainment in the quiet confines of their living rooms..
                              Last edited by pogo; November 16, 2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I hope a week of practice has helped our offense. And I hope the Shocks continue to play good defense and rebound the basketball. I hope DD goes back to wearing his shorts the way the rest of the team does. It's a TEAM and in my opinion a player should not alter their uniform to look dufferent. This is not professional golf or tennis where a player can choose what to wear. Sorry I guess I am old school. Go Shocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X