Centers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centers

Our centers, especially AM, have been taking a lot of heat. I think you all have to keep in mind that in our high
    screen and roll offense their role offensively is to first set a screen for a perimeter player. Our perimeter players, especially
    GS, are not seeing them or getting them the ball. IMHO none of them are strong post up players but all play good defense.
    AM is the best screener. I was hoping that last game would be an opportunity for them / us to work on post ups and entry
    passing but it never happened. Just one good roll by AM and a nice pass from NF. I like our centers despite their in abilities to
    be good post up players cause I want them to be good defenders and rebounders first. They all are but they all have to
    improve their post up play but they need the perimeter players to see them when they get in good position and deliver good
    passes in the right spots to catch and shoot. Maybe next Saturday will be the day. Once this starts to happen defenses
    will have to collapse more opening up more wide open perimeter shots. Let's get the big guys more inside touches.

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Our centers, especially AM, have been taking a lot of heat. I think you all have to keep in mind that in our high
    screen and roll offense their role offensively is to first set a screen for a perimeter player. Our perimeter players, especially
    GS, are not seeing them or getting them the ball. IMHO none of them are strong post up players but all play good defense.
    AM is the best screener. I was hoping that last game would be an opportunity for them / us to work on post ups and entry
    passing but it never happened. Just one good roll by AM and a nice pass from NF. I like our centers despite their in abilities to
    be good post up players cause I want them to be good defenders and rebounders first. They all are but they all have to
    improve their post up play but they need the perimeter players to see them when they get in good position and deliver good
    passes in the right spots to catch and shoot. Maybe next Saturday will be the day. Once this starts to happen defenses
    will have to collapse more opening up more wide open perimeter shots. Let's get the big guys more inside touches.
    Odd place to post this thought!
    Last edited by Kung Wu; November 11, 2019, 09:56 AM.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Moved to Men's Basketball.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

They also have to hit bunnies. I'm confident things will begin to improve.

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but I haven’t seen the missed post entry passes. I’ve seen a lot of missed bunnies though. I think the bigs need to roll harder and post up better, then they have to take the ball up strong.

Maybe we are being too careful with the ball, or not getting it far enough out on the wing.
          Livin the dream

Comment

I predict the "missed bunnies" will return Saturday...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
            X