No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Texas Southern Pre-Game Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eldridge just had some tweets after talking to Isaac Brown.

Burton ankle injury supposedly not serious, he's day to day and may be available Saturday.

Even more encouraging, Fernandes has started practicing and may be available Saturday.

I'll post the tweets when I'm not on mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      Eldridge just had some tweets after talking to Isaac Brown.

Burton ankle injury supposedly not serious, he's day to day and may be available Saturday.

Even more encouraging, Fernandes has started practicing and may be available Saturday.

I'll post the tweets when I'm not on mobile.

Comment

That is possibly the most intriguing nugget regarding Shocker basketball since well, IDK. Noah impressed bigly early on but the injury, I thought at least, probably meant a redshirt.

I can tell you the staff believes this young man can make a difference. I would love to see him healthy against competition soon. Another talented freshman chomping at the bit would be a very good thing.

Comment

Is this the best freshman class in the last 20 years? I'm already impressed with what I've seen. And I think our bigs will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
            Is this the best freshman class in the last 20 years? I'm already impressed with what I've seen. And I think our bigs will be fine.
            I’ve seen ALL the freshman classes the past 50+ years; it’s hard to beat the Carr and Levingston class, but this one might have more depth and could be ‘numero uno’ before it’s all said and done.
            Stay tuned to your ‘bat’ stations.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shock played Houston at Texas Southern gym while The Fritatta(sp) was being redone.

A large number of TSU players came to watch. We lost, the TSU players made it well known they should have been playing because the could pound Houston so could easily whip the Shox.

Comment

The staff have given me a very optimistic feel about Fernandes. Sounds hella scrappy, with the talent to back it up.

Two months of practice is SO much for a freshman PG to miss though.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  Shock played Houston at Texas Southern gym while The Fritatta(sp) was being redone.

A large number of TSU players came to watch. We lost, the TSU players made it well known they should have been playing because the could pound Houston so could easily whip the Shox.
                  Fertitta Center, though I usually call it the Fritatta Center too! A frittata, BTW, is a delicious egg-based breakfast dish!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

We have very active hands on defense. We play the passing lanes gotta get a lil better running through the screener and not lose our guys Stevenson. Our d by confrence play can be top 15 if we don't foul becaus those refs let us play Tuesday. Offense looks AWESOME got freshman breaking ankles then finishing the play. Eventually they will be hitting the open shots they missed Tuesday these guy's can ball

Comment

GoShockers.com Game Notes and Links

SCOUTING THE TIGERS:
                      • TSU was picked second in this year's SWAC preseason poll behind defending champion Prairie View A&M.
                      • Forward Eden Ewing was named the league's preseason all-conference team.
                      • The Tigers are 0-1 after dropping their season opener Tuesday night at San Diego State, 77-42. The host Aztecs used a 20-0 run to take a 48-13 halftime lead. TSU committed 19 turnovers but just four after halftime. Tyrik Armstong scored a team-high 10 points to pace TSU. Ewing added six points and eight rebounds. The Tigers shot just 22.6% for the game, including 4-of-19 from deep.
                      • TSU's 2018-19 season ended on a last on a last-second overtime jumper at Green Bay in the CIT Semifinals. It was the school's longest postseason run since winning the 1977 NAIA Tournament.
                      • The Tigers came up a win short of the NCAA Tournament, losing to Prairie View A&M in the SWAC Tournament title game.
                      • TSU played 24 true road games in 2018-19 and banked non-conference wins at Baylor, Oregon and Texas A&M.

What Texas Southern did last year may not be very relevant. Their to 4 scorers from last year have moved on plus 1 other senior who averaged 7.7 PPG in the 25 games he played before getting injured. TSU will be replacing 64% of their scoring and 57% of their rebounding from last year.

Comment

It will be interesting to see who gets the start at the 5 for the Shocks not that 3G necessarily puts a lot of stock into that. I'm guessing Mo Udeze may have earned the start with his performance against Omaha. I thought Mo brought more energy to the game against Omaha than Asbjorn or Poor Bear did. Of course, all three will play. Poor Bear could get some time at the 4 as well.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 8, 2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          It will be interesting to see who gets the start at the 5 for the Shocks not that 3G necessarily puts a lot of stock into that. I'm guessing Mo Udeze may have earned the start with his performance against Omaha. I though Mo brought more energy to the game against Omaha than Asbjorn or Poor Bear did. Of course, all three will play. Poor Bear could get some time at the 4 as well.
                          I would not doubt that several attempts to light a fire under AM and PBC was made by Gregg this week. One of those or a part of his attempts could be to start Mo.

Comment

I noticed Mo has quick feet on D and takes away some angles. He was consistently beating his man to the spot with really good positioning. Making it difficult! I like to see that! Go Shocks!!!
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I’ve seen ALL the freshman classes the past 50+ years; it’s hard to beat the Carr and Levingston class, but this one might have more depth and could be ‘numero uno’ before it’s all said and done.
                              Stay tuned to your ‘bat’ stations.

One of the best! The 1981 year wasn't too shabby, with Greg Dreiling, Aubrey Sherrod, and... oh, yeah. Some guy named X. (Does Ricky Ross count in any way? I think he transferred here in '81)

Comment

Just a heads up, I could have up to 8 extra tickets tomorrow. If you're interested, and can be flexible a few hours before tip off, please send me a PM, that way I can be prepared.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X